ForumsThe TavernRegular Life or Royal Life

7 7718
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I had a little argument with my friend, and he said that living like a ruler's son would be cool, you don't have go to school, you have the most money and body guards are always with you.Aldo, I didn't agree with that, it seems more logical because most of the people on this planet work hard to earn money for their family, not like Royalties, they always have someone else working for them, they don't give a **** about other people.Let's take for example, Chinese.There were a super force before, now their country is overcrowded with middle class people.Royalties are always thin and lazy, which is really weird, but regular people that are lazy are rarely thin.Royalties still have everyone controling the situation, they don't let them get hurt or get pranked at.So which one would you like to have, your current middle class life or live like a royalty?

• 7 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

The Chinese are going to take over the world. Only a matter of time.

Anyway I am going to replace royal with famous cause if you are royal you are probably famous (at least in your own country). I would hate being famous. I don't like attention. I would feel as if I should respond to everyone but I would not be able to. I would have little or no private if. It would suck. So normal life for me.

Best scenario would be one of my relatives gets famous so I can go to all the parties and stuff.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I disagree. I'm sick of normal life. It's so bland and dull. I wouldn't want to be royalty or an actor or anything. I just want to make a diffirence with my life. To do something I enjoy. To stand out. I hate to be that background guy or just another average kid. I want to go into movie directing or story development eventually. As for now, I have been saving for some video making hardware for YouTube..... Gotta start somewhere.
So I say slightly royal or famous or whatever.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

you don't have go to school

Wrong. Most children of Royalty have to sit around for hours learning how to be a good king and stuff. Being Royal doesn't mean no school. That's stupid. How would you know anything.
JuicyFruits
JuicyFruits
171 posts
Nomad

Having both lifes must suck. Being royal, you have to be perfect, smart, have manners. I would have to say like half of it would be kinda cool but I like my un-normal life better. You can be yourself and that's all that matters.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Being royal, you have to be perfect, smart, have manners.

You don't need to be smart. Lots of royal dropouts. Even perfect doesn't seem on the agenda for some royals.

I had a little argument with my friend, and he said that living like a ruler's son would be cool, you don't have go to school, you have the most money and body guards are always with you.Aldo, I didn't agree with that, it seems more logical because most of the people on this planet work hard to earn money for their family, not like Royalties, they always have someone else working for them, they don't give a **** about other people.

Sorry but no. They have to attend so many ceremonial functions, most have to act as quasi diplomats, travelling on goodwill missions, and worse of all, standing up to intense media scrutiny.

Let's take for example, Chinese.There were a super force before, now their country is overcrowded with middle class people.Royalties are always thin and lazy, which is really weird, but regular people that are lazy are rarely thin.Royalties still have everyone controling the situation, they don't let them get hurt or get pranked at.So which one would you like to have, your current middle class life or live like a royalty?

So many misnomers and hasty generalizations here I can't decide which to point out first.

Right, firstly, how are the Chinese not a rising power again? You seem to be sinisterly insinuating that a country ''overcrowded'' with the middle class will never be a great power. You use the word ''overcrowded'' in a negative fashion that suggests the middle class are well....middling and insidious.

You seem also to suggest that royalty are always thin, which is certainly not the case. Look at any number of African chieftainships and ''autonomous'' kingdoms that exist today. You seem to have the idea that royals are lazy. No, the burden can be stressful. Look at Diana. Look at Beatrice who just abdicated. Look at Elizabeth. They don't really have a retirement date right?

Royals never get pranked at? Then what do the paparazzi do all day? Would you like every single detail of your life exposed? Such that you can't even go on holiday without your wife being on every single yellow paper in the world? Kate anyone?
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Wrong. Most children of Royalty have to sit around for hours learning how to be a good king and stuff. Being Royal doesn't mean no school. That's stupid. How would you know anything.

No, my friend said that.Of course their children have to go to, Obama's kids go to school, but security follows them all the time.
sunshinedaylight
sunshinedaylight
1 posts
Nomad

nice to see this post

Showing 1-7 of 7