ForumsGamessorry mmo's

11 5954
treos
treos
105 posts
Nomad

whats with the 2 new games on the mmo page? egg breaker adventures is less of a game than bush whacker 2 and the only redeeming aspect i saw of that was that it had a chat room (is that all bush whacker was made for, to host a chat room with mild entertainment on the side?).

egg breaker adventures isn't even a real game, let alone a mmo or if it is then the devs should go to a different genre imo.

and now we have highgrounds... pay-to-win much? not much for me to say on this one.

this reminds me of the stuff i find whenever i go digging through various gaming websites looking for new or interesting mmorpg's to try and start finding all manner of lesser games >.> i like the selection here at armorgames but sometimes you find some duds that are just a waste of everyones time really.

• 11 Replies
1 posts
Peasant

I've noticed the &quotay to win" trend in a number of "MMO"s here on AG. It's sick when it seems to be aimed at grade school children.

treos
treos
105 posts
Nomad

well i can tolerate pay to win to a certain extent (if someone starts acting like a ******, claiming to be better than all others who don't spend irl $ to win are lower than him/her/it, thats where i draw the line. luckily i've only run into this kind of person very rarely over the years.) but thats about it

while i REALLY disapprove of the &quotay to win" idea that seems to be getting increasingly common over the years (diablo 3's real money ah? now thats pay to win in its purest and most evil form imo). i still tend to hate botters in general more but this is getting off-topic a bit.

if its done like how they did it in dawn of the dragon or other games where its purely optional then i don't mind pay to win too much. heck, Path of Exile's irl $ purchases consist of purely cosmetic stuff with the only account related offers being more stash tabs and stuff. thats perfectly fine by me, bots would do far worse damage than anything like that.

games like highgrounds is just ridiculous, i thought armorgames hosted free to play games, not games that let you play to a certain point then need to spend $ to get anywhere...where have i heard of this before? >.>

this is getting increasingly off the topic of these pathetic excuses of game and more to disliking of the &quotay to win" aspect so i'm gonna stop here and try not to go so off-topic next time i respond here, if i do :/

Alohalo22
Alohalo22
13 posts
Peasant

Armor games is hosting the most ridiculous "MMO"s on the web, they need to start getting in some real games or stop including this bull**** on it's website. I might quit AG forever and just play on Kongregate, they don't have such bull****.

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

Well, Alohalo, that makes zero sense because noone said you had to play the MMOs, and I'm pretty sure Kongregate doesn't have any of those anyway.

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

I take that back, I was thinking of Kchamp not Kong. Go ahead, but you're the one with the loss if you leave AG.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Seems like you guys are overreacting to something so ridiculously stupid.

What's the problem for pay-to-win games? I mean I don't like them so that's why I usually don't play them. But seriously, if people want to pay-to-win then so be it.

You don't like the game, don't play it. It's as simple as that. There are 100's of other MMO's that are better and the pay-to-win microtransactions are usually not that impactful in game.

Also the MMO's are just hosted here, it's not like AG actually decided to make a game like that and smack it onto their front page.

Simply put, don't play a game you don't like...

treos
treos
105 posts
Nomad

"You don't like the game, don't play it. It's as simple as that."

if it were as simple as that i would probably avoid like 80% of all online games i come across.

since i can't decide how best to point out the problem(s) with pay-to-win aspect of gaming i'll just do a simple comparison for you:

Path of Exile: the microtransactions are purely cosmetic with the only account related purchase options being able to add tabs (more space) to your stash.

Diablo 3: the obvious real money auction house...i hope whoever came up with this idea suffers greatly for bringing something like that into the world of gaming. its everything you could get from currency/item farming companies in 1 neat package. tl;dr its all the worst economy breaking aspects for bigger mmo's in 1 spot.

microtransactions in Path of Exile? harmless.

microtransactions in Diablo 3? probably a lot of peoples worst nightmare if they hate currency/item farming companies that plague many mmo's.

i could create a new account right now and shell out a couple hundred $ in the rmah and instantly have a uber character with no effort at all. would that make me any better than anyone else, say those who choose to play games normally? no, it'd actually make me seem a good bit worse tbh, that and if i ever did such a thing i'd probably hate myself too for it.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

microtransactions in Diablo 3? probably a lot of peoples worst nightmare if they hate currency/item farming companies that plague many mmo's.

That's why Diablo 3 sucks :/

But what I meant is.. You can play a game right.. You end up seeing that microtransactions on the game are pay-to-win.. You exit the game, never play it again.

It's not like they're forcing you to play it and neither are they forcing you to pay. I've had various situations where I enter an MMO and I like it for a while. I look at the other players and the microtransactions and I'm out of that game for good. Since most of the time there are people who paid to get all the best crap and best levels, etc.

And it is as simple as not playing it. And you could avoid 80% of the game if you felt like it. But for some reason you seem to stay on the game playing it and then complaining how it's pay-to-win when the developers know this and they could care less... It's just money for them.
28 posts
Peasant

If you ask me don't pay attention to the games you don't like and only play the good one's.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

in card monsters buying crap is the only way to get anywhere just like in highgrounds

I've noticed the &quotay to win" trend in a number of "MMO"s here on AG. It's sick when it seems to be aimed at grade school children.

i've noticed too and armor games should stop hosting games like these especially when the game is single-player or not in mmo category because people know what to expect there

godsmvp
godsmvp
31 posts
Jester

Guess what? No one is forcing you to buy anything. You can get just as far if not further by spending the extra time to get better on your own.

Showing 1-11 of 11