ForumsWEPRWhy Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

362 192707
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Pretty much self-explanitory.
Why? I am a Catholic, and here are a couple things. Why would you worship Satan, and end up burning in hell, when you could worship the Lord, Jesus Christ and end up in the Paradise garden?
Why? I don't understand any philosophy in it.
A couple more things: Sigil of Baphomet, they worship demons and heinous figures. Huh, to discover the "true self" or something?
Ermmm.
Also, I am not a nut, entertainers actually do sell themselves to make it big, like here, in an interview with lead *****cat Dolls Singer, Nicole Sherzinger, courtesy of the Vigilant Citizen.
Don't be stuck in blind world!
Learn, and don't let them trick you too!

• 362 Replies
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

the easter thing was a joke the actual point was that humans can survive about 3 weeks whitout food. so 1 day whitout food to follow the commandments should be no problem.

I go 3 days without food just for wrestling tournaments, so yeah, but I don't understand what that changes. I don't understand why the Sunday question was asked, please explain.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

The question is, why should you follow all commandments rigorously, but make an exception for cooking on Sunday.

Why do I ask that? It is simply not necessary. It is possible without harm to not eat anything on a Sunday; even better, you can eat cold things like bread or crackers, and not have to cook.

Conclusion: Making an exception for cooking on Sunday has no reasonable argument for it, it is purely arbitrary. If you are not consistent in the way you live your beliefs, how can you convince anyone?

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

The question is, why should you follow all commandments rigorously, but make an exception for cooking on Sunday.

Ohh sorry. Well, food is needed if you wanna be energized and fit, which God always wants if possible. Also, the church clearly defined us being able to cook.
Cleaning up after meals, driving cars, homework, etc are all considered work, but are all allowed seeing sometimes it's necessary.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Well, food is needed if you wanna be energized and fit, which God always wants if possible.

And here we have the very definitions of "Arbitrary" and "Cherry picking."

You follow what you want to. End of story.

but are all allowed seeing sometimes it's necessary.

Unless you're starving to death, not eating on Sunday is perfectly feasible and will not affect your health.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Well, food is needed if you wanna be energized and fit, which God always wants if possible.

Like we pointed out..skipping out on Sunday is entirely possible. Plus, if god wanted us to be fit with food..then why not allow us to be able to skip eating on Sunday and keep our relative fitness, saying as how he wanted Sunday to be a day of rest?

Also, the church clearly defined us being able to cook.

Where in the Bible does it say that eating on Sunday is an exception?

but are all allowed seeing sometimes it's necessary.

1) I don't think the Bible has cars or homework in its "acceptable on Sunday" list

2) As far as the Bible is concerned, they aren't necessary on Sunday.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

And here we have the very definitions of "Arbitrary" and "Cherry picking."
You follow what you want to. End of story.

I wanna eat meat on Friday, but the church doesn't allow it. I follow the Church, end of story.

Unless you're starving to death, not eating on Sunday is perfectly feasible and will not affect your health.

Missing the point! Eating meat on Friday won't hurt me, but it isn't allowed!
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Missing the point! Eating meat on Friday won't hurt me, but it isn't allowed!

"Unless you're starving to death, not eating on Sunday is perfectly feasible and will not affect your health."

Congrats and thank you on learning how to use the quote button, btw.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I wanna eat meat on Friday, but the church doesn't allow it. I follow the Church, end of story.

Your Church/Bible also doesn't allow work on Sunday..but apparently you find an exception in eating.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

"Unless you're starving to death, not eating on Sunday is perfectly feasible and will not affect your health."

Funny, I just heard that, and again, it doesn't matter, the church allows what it allows.

Congrats and thank you on learning how to use the quote button, btw.

i always knew, but i never thought it was really THAT important to u guys.

Your Church/Bible also doesn't allow work on Sunday..but apparently you find an exception in eating.

Eating isn't servile work. Servile work is forbidden. i go running, do sports, work out, clean up after meals, but those are all for recreation, or not servile.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

sorry lol, forgot the freakin quote.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Funny, I just heard that, and again, it doesn't matter, the church allows what it allows.

Funny how you go with what the church says, up until you stop liking what the church says. What was it about the recent popes not being 'real' popes, because they said things you don't agree with?

It makes it a lot easier to see what you're talking about. Previously, you put the italics right next to your words and it all got jumbled together.

Eating isn't servile work. Servile work is forbidden.

Bible verse please. I don't recall 'servile' being specified.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

sorry lol, forgot the freakin quote.

you dont have to use the italic button aswell when using the quote button.
it will automatically go italic.

Missing the point!

if someone is missing points....

I follow the Church, end of story.

the church tells you to respect other people. and yet....

showing off your ignorance here?
knowing it. seeing all of us using it. we ask you a hundred times to use it. and still not using it. why? you wanna be special or what?

i go running, do sports, work out,

WTF, you do that on a sunday?
it's a resting day you mor..
everytime i think ive seen your edge, it seems you can step over it.
doing those things in a real christian community will get you kicked out of said community. if not then that whole community are a bunch of hypocrites.
and you said you had knowledge of you own believe? you even got your own believe wrong.... OMG.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

OK, so it's not KD that is cherry picking, as he is blindly following what the church says. So the whole religion is cherry picking. Breaking News.

How do you explain that the church is not consistent in its teachings? As I said, you don't even need to fast at Sunday, you can eat readymade stuff until you burst and it'll be no work. So there is really no reason to make an exception for cooking on Sunday.

mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

Guys i already told the answer to this thread,people might be mad or angry at god if they feel he has betrayed him

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

"I already told the answer to this thread"... my my, watch your head or it'll burst.

Of course, that is one factor, surely. But there is more to it; there is the LaVeyan satanism that isn't about pouting at god, for example. But let's stick at your example for now.

Explain me one thing (and I'm not trying to correct you, I'm just asking out of curiosity), if someone previously following god and thus holding a certain set of values, and thinking about satan as the ultimate evil... even if that person might feel betrayed by god, why would you throw your set of values over board and go adore something as perverse and ultimately evil as satan as he is seen by "good" believers? If I was a believer, and if I felt betrayed by god, I might rather see this as a reason to even fortify my set of values independently of gods teachings.

Although, come to think of it, what does it mean if you feel betrayed by the one entity that supposedly gave us those values and morals? Does it mean you also feel betrayed by your morals? Can you, as a believer, hold the set of morals given to you by your holy book, without worshiping the deity that gave it to you?

That is one reason why I like being atheist. My morals are my own and not dependent on some other entity...

Showing 196-210 of 362