ForumsWEPRWhy Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

362 193114
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Pretty much self-explanitory.
Why? I am a Catholic, and here are a couple things. Why would you worship Satan, and end up burning in hell, when you could worship the Lord, Jesus Christ and end up in the Paradise garden?
Why? I don't understand any philosophy in it.
A couple more things: Sigil of Baphomet, they worship demons and heinous figures. Huh, to discover the "true self" or something?
Ermmm.
Also, I am not a nut, entertainers actually do sell themselves to make it big, like here, in an interview with lead *****cat Dolls Singer, Nicole Sherzinger, courtesy of the Vigilant Citizen.
Don't be stuck in blind world!
Learn, and don't let them trick you too!

• 362 Replies
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

But I forget, you seem to think you can pick and choose whom your deity deems acceptable as the Pope

First of all, this guy is not a real pope, secondly, yes, I can choose what I want to believe. If you go to the second, working, link on the Traditional Catholic thread, you'll see why.

god wanted these new popes to be pope. as you said yourself as long he doesn't do something about it, it is god's will.

how could you not follow gods will of these people being popes?

There were prophecies of infiltrators in the church. God may have let this happen for a greater good, or just as a greater test.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

God may have let this happen for a greater good, or just as a greater test.

there is no arguing this kind of thinking --.--'

a greater test like all those conspiracy theories of yours? is that why you only want to believe everything that is wrong? because everything is a test from god for the greater good?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

there is no arguing this kind of thinking --.--'

I could argue against the idea of an omniscient being giving a test in general. From there it could also be pointed out how unnecessarily bad, bad gets. But not really the place.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

First of all, this guy is not a real pope, secondly, yes, I can choose what I want to believe. If you go to the second, working, link on the Traditional Catholic thread, you'll see why.

this is the fundamental flaw in your supposed "catholic stance". a catholic follows the pope, because that is what the church believes. whoever assumes the rank of pope is automatically the closest thing to Christ on earth. what you are is something that is a branch off of Catholicism, perhaps something way more radical than the mainstream.

another nail in the supposed coffin that is the flaw of your stance is this:

yes, I can choose what I want to believe.

this is cherry picking at its most obvious form. you are not blindly following something, because you are not even following what catholicism teaches. you are simply going about blindly, which I think is way worse than blindly following. your confirmation bias is so warped and twisted that you will eliminate even the tenets of your own religion to get the result you want.

for this reason, I cannot take your position seriously, as I am sure many would agree.

-Blade
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

God may have let this happen for a greater good, or just as a greater test.

What if the real test is that personal gods are manmade bull, but a deistic creator wants to see which of their creations appropriately use their ability to reason to realize this?
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

I could argue against the idea of an omniscient being giving a test in general.

yea but how you gonna argue "a greater good" when they themselves dont even know what it could be.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

yea but how you gonna argue "a greater good" when they themselves dont even know what it could be.

we can point out things that don't lead to great goods or the unnecessary evil used to achieve these nebulous "greater goods". Could also point out the problem that this raises with free will, though that in term will lead them into Olympic level mental gymnastics on the subject of free will.
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

Why wouldn't somebody worship Satan? We all have the ability to do whatever you want. I'm not saying I'm in line for that belief, but it's completely up to them.

It's like asking why people snot condoms. Why? I have no freaking idea why. But they do because they have that choice. Again, not something I would choose, but hey, you can do whatever you want.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

we can point out things that don't lead to great goods or the unnecessary evil used to achieve these nebulous "greater goods"

at the 1st they say, that we can't make the connection to the actual greater good because it is part of the big godly plan.... (or something like that)
for the 2nd they say, that the greater good is always better then the evil needed for it to happen....
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

maby people would get confused ?

thats to perfect sentence to just throw in somewhere randomly to make people confused. xD
thx.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

maby people would get confused ?

How can you get confused on such a matter? Poeple inadvertedly worship the wrong deity? XP
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Poeple inadvertedly worship the wrong deity? XP

I'd definitely say that's the case. If you're worshiping the monster called "God" in the Bible, you've got the one that's most certainly -not- good in any way.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Which actually brings up an interesting thought.

An open question to all Christians. How do you know that the Bible wasn't given to man by 'Satan' who purposefully gave you a load of garbage to mislead you? To make you think that the world is only 6000 years old (laughably wrong) that it's RIGHTEOUS, of all things, to hate just about everyone, to stone and murder and pillage those who don't follow you, to obey a terrible system of morals and unjust punishments, to discriminate against women and to genitally mutilate children? Because no matter how I look at the bible, if I had to use one word to describe it, I'd call it evil.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

[playing God's advocate]

How do you know that the Bible wasn't given to man by 'Satan' who purposefully gave you a load of garbage to mislead you?

Because of all the wisdom in it, all the helpful sayings, and the NT message of loving people.

To make you think that the world is only 6000 years old (laughably wrong)

It doesn't say "a day is a thousand years to Him", it says "a day is as a thousand years to Him" (paraphrasing), so it was a simile telling that it was a really really long time.

that it's RIGHTEOUS, of all things, to hate just about everyone, to stone and murder and pillage those who don't follow you, to obey a terrible system of morals and unjust punishments, to discriminate against women and to genitally mutilate children?

I can't defend this part without saying something like "it was good at that time because He said so", but then Euthyphro's dilemma, which gets met with a might-makes-right blahblahblah while ignoring points and making emotional appeals.
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

Better yet, let's just ask a satanist.

I know there's one on AG somewhere....isn't it Chillzmaster or something like that?

Showing 241-255 of 362