ForumsWEPRWhy Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

362 192728
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Pretty much self-explanitory.
Why? I am a Catholic, and here are a couple things. Why would you worship Satan, and end up burning in hell, when you could worship the Lord, Jesus Christ and end up in the Paradise garden?
Why? I don't understand any philosophy in it.
A couple more things: Sigil of Baphomet, they worship demons and heinous figures. Huh, to discover the "true self" or something?
Ermmm.
Also, I am not a nut, entertainers actually do sell themselves to make it big, like here, in an interview with lead *****cat Dolls Singer, Nicole Sherzinger, courtesy of the Vigilant Citizen.
Don't be stuck in blind world!
Learn, and don't let them trick you too!

• 362 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I mean in the Bible, the devil is made out to be a terrible being.

Basically what Kasic pointed out. In the Bible, if you actually pay attention to the parts about Satan, he really doesn't seem like that evil of a being. He actually accepts us for who we are, despite our faults...and teaches us critical thinking so that we are all not mindless slaves.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

A lot of people are viewing this from a Catholic viewpoint... I mean in the Bible, the devil is made out to be a terrible being. In some forms of Satanism, Satan is admired for the rebellion against the controlling of God. This isn't my viewpoint, but maybe we should all ditch viewpoints and look at it differently.

The devil was created by God. He's part of our beliefs, so i don't see why others would believe in him. If there is no God, then there's no devil
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

The devil was created by God. He's part of our beliefs, so i don't see why others would believe in him. If there is no God, then there's no devil

Most satanists aren't theistic. They simply draw themes they find from it.
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

There is no "Devil" in the bible to begin with.

The Devil is a christian invitation to scare the pagans. "If you wont belive in jesus, wowowow what Satan will do to your anus...". As a threat. Priest who stand on plateforms and yell how terrible Satan is, then collecting money for "the church" ao they wont get there.

Its like a simple and classic Buggyman.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

If you look closely, he did mention god as being part of this kind of satanism. Just not as the all-loving one.

But yeah, essentially you're right. Satanists are christians worshiping a different character within the same lore.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

if you take a look at what is done in the name of god. (jhwh)
and now take a look at what is done in the name of the devil. (lucifer)

just watch this.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

But yeah, essentially you're right. Satanists are christians worshiping a different character within the same lore.

Except for the ones not actually worshiping the devil.
hezdog
hezdog
151 posts
Peasant

Satanism is not the worship of the Christian devil. Satanism believes Satan is the god of light and a completely different entity than Satan in the Christian bible.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Satanism is not the worship of the Christian devil. Satanism believes Satan is the god of light and a completely different entity than Satan in the Christian bible.

Maybe some modern forms of satanism, yes. But there have been cults actually glorifying the Antichrist before.
mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

Why dont people stop posting in this thread now?People have gotten off topic anyway so why keep talking on it?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Why dont people stop posting in this thread now?People have gotten off topic anyway so why keep talking on it?

From what I'm seeing, you are the only one off topic.

That's a form of Satanism, yes.
mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

How was i talking off topic? i was the only who who gave the answer and people were just arguing about it (which is what this is for) with me so Pangtongshu im not Off topic

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

This has nothing to do with the thread. From what I'm seeing, the last bunch of posts in this thread have had to do with the idea of Satanism.

Pangtongshu

*pangtongshu
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

i was the only who who gave the answer and people were just arguing about it (which is what this is for) with me

You were not the only one, and there is no "the answer". You told us what satanism is to you. But the point is that there are various forms of satanism. While you contributed by bringing up one aspect, your ducking-for-cover once you did so, considering the topic 'answered', didn't help much.

About the previous post of satanism being or not being the worship of the christian devil, I found a site that might be interesting (I have not yet read it, admittedly, but I will soon):
http://www.loyno.edu/~history/journal/1986-7/horton.htm
mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

I have a better idea! As written on the first page of this lets just ask Chillz since hes a satanist why he worships Satan? [url=http://http://armorgames.com/user/ChillzMaster]

Showing 331-345 of 362