Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Why Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

Posted Jul 7, '13 at 11:12pm

Wyrzen

Wyrzen

327 posts

im a catholic too but i think they worship him because i heard that you can have something you want from him but in return you are risking your afterlife where you will be burning in hell but anyways just let them worship him and if you ask me i would say that its plain ba and it just isnt worth it and i will never want to be invole with the devil in anyway and sorry if this offend anyone.

That is quite the statement. I'm just waiting for somebody like Kasic or MageGrayWolf to pick it apart.

Posted Jul 8, '13 at 12:05am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,824 posts

I'm just waiting for somebody like Kasic or MageGrayWolf to pick it apart.

Oh

but i think they worship him because

We've discussed many other reasons in the rest of the thread

i heard that you can have something you want from him but in return you are risking your afterlife where you will be burning in hell

Keyword here..you heard it. Nothing to actually make such a statement valid.
And as the myth goes..you can sell your soul to the devil for fame, fortune, rock and roll skillz, etc.

and if you ask me i would say that its plain ba and it just isnt worth it

It is B.A., isn't it?
I kid..you meant bad, I know.

and it just isnt worth it and i will never want to be invole with the devil

I know some people wouldn't want to be involved with Yahweh =p

sorry if this offend anyone.

You're fine. You are speaking your thoughts on the subject. As long as you don't start preaching to us or telling us you are right or factual, then you're good.

Posted Jul 10, '13 at 3:02pm

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

2,534 posts

im a catholic too but i think they worship him because i heard that you can have something you want from him but in return you are risking your afterlife where you will be burning in hell but anyways just let them worship him and if you ask me i would say that its plain ba and it just isnt worth it and i will never want to be invole with the devil in anyway and sorry if this offend anyone.

yes because saying what religion you are suddenly makes you more credible.

the notion of selling your soul seems more like something that god would work under. the only difference between what god offers, and what satan offers is that satans is more fun in this life.

let's look at the more "palatable" of the two: heaven. both last eternity (one where you're kissing the sky daddy's but cheeks forever). everything that can be accomplished will be, and you'll still have an eternity to go. after that, it would just be pointless existence that never ends. an eternity in either one would be hell to me.

another way to put it is in economic terms: value is based on scarcity. life is so precious because we only get so much. the concept of heaven is like dividing anything by infinity (in mathematical terms, it is undefined, but in most cases, it is 0). more life means life has less value and meaning.

that is why I live my life, because life squandered chasing fairys will leave you empty on your deathbed.

-Blade

Posted Jul 10, '13 at 6:32pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,485 posts

in mathematical terms, it is undefined

Wouldn't that be dividing by 0? The result wouldn't be undefined, but infinitely small.

Posted Jul 11, '13 at 8:28am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,824 posts

Not sure if mmbs112's comment was deleted or not...name isn't showing up on "Last post by" but his comment is still here..

Anyways..mmbs112. You say that "you have already said what you wanted to", yet you still haven't answered HahiHa's question..which he reminded you about via profile messenger.

Posted Jul 12, '13 at 7:24am

handlerfan

handlerfan

194 posts

It seems to me that some of the people who worship God suck all the fun out of life and Satan is the alternative. So there's a choice between the living death of a miserable religion being pure and bored and getting some pleasure from life by dancing with the devil. Or at least letting yourself go a bit.

Posted Jul 12, '13 at 7:30am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,410 posts

Knight

It seems to me that some of the people who worship God suck all the fun out of life and Satan is the alternative. So there's a choice between the living death of a miserable religion being pure and bored and getting some pleasure from life by dancing with the devil. Or at least letting yourself go a bit.

I tend to think like you, but we have to be very careful, for the definition/need of fun can vary. I would never want to become a monk, and it seems stupid to me, even more assuming this life is a gift of god, to waste it in a monastery. But the monks themselves certainly derive great satisfaction from their simple, devoted life; they don't need all the fun. (or so did one of my friends argue when I confronted her with that point. Seeing how many pedophiles run around among priests, I'm not sure its so satisfactory, but eh, you never know...)

Posted Jul 16, '13 at 11:00am

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

Spanish Catholics imprisoned, tortured, and killed Jews, Protestants, Muslims, and other religious minorities for not being Catholic. Lovely.

There is a difference between a government, of one religion, punishing law-breakers, like the Pagan Roman Empire killing the Christians or the Spanish inquisition or whatever, and people killing other religions just for being other religions. When the Irish came to the U.S, they were murdered in the streets by protestants. There was supposed to be freedom of religion. Catholics don't go hunting for other religious groups in a country of free religion.

Posted Jul 16, '13 at 11:50pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

6,891 posts

Catholics don't go hunting for other religious groups in a country of free religion.

So they only do it when they can get away with it, amirite?

On the topic of the Inquisition, the entire point was to kill threats to the Spanish State and its institutions -- The Catholic Church being the central pullar of any ruler's power. Thus, the vast majority of those persecuted under the Inquisition were religious minorites: Jews, Protestants, Muslims, etc. What better way to consolidate power than by converting your opponents at the point of a sword, and burning the rest at the stake as "heretics"? The genius of it is that the opposition was instantly delegitimized, being of course "heretics
."

Posted Jul 19, '13 at 2:39am

ChillzMaster

ChillzMaster

1,482 posts

What's going on in this thread?

-Chillz

Reply to Why Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

You must be logged in to post a reply!