ForumsWEPRWhy Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

362 192735
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Pretty much self-explanitory.
Why? I am a Catholic, and here are a couple things. Why would you worship Satan, and end up burning in hell, when you could worship the Lord, Jesus Christ and end up in the Paradise garden?
Why? I don't understand any philosophy in it.
A couple more things: Sigil of Baphomet, they worship demons and heinous figures. Huh, to discover the "true self" or something?
Ermmm.
Also, I am not a nut, entertainers actually do sell themselves to make it big, like here, in an interview with lead *****cat Dolls Singer, Nicole Sherzinger, courtesy of the Vigilant Citizen.
Don't be stuck in blind world!
Learn, and don't let them trick you too!

• 362 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Not sure if mmbs112's comment was deleted or not...name isn't showing up on "Last post by" but his comment is still here..

Anyways..mmbs112. You say that "you have already said what you wanted to", yet you still haven't answered HahiHa's question..which he reminded you about via profile messenger.

handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

It seems to me that some of the people who worship God suck all the fun out of life and Satan is the alternative. So there's a choice between the living death of a miserable religion being pure and bored and getting some pleasure from life by dancing with the devil. Or at least letting yourself go a bit.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

It seems to me that some of the people who worship God suck all the fun out of life and Satan is the alternative. So there's a choice between the living death of a miserable religion being pure and bored and getting some pleasure from life by dancing with the devil. Or at least letting yourself go a bit.

I tend to think like you, but we have to be very careful, for the definition/need of fun can vary. I would never want to become a monk, and it seems stupid to me, even more assuming this life is a gift of god, to waste it in a monastery. But the monks themselves certainly derive great satisfaction from their simple, devoted life; they don't need all the fun. (or so did one of my friends argue when I confronted her with that point. Seeing how many pedophiles run around among priests, I'm not sure its so satisfactory, but eh, you never know...)
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Spanish Catholics imprisoned, tortured, and killed Jews, Protestants, Muslims, and other religious minorities for not being Catholic. Lovely.

There is a difference between a government, of one religion, punishing law-breakers, like the Pagan Roman Empire killing the Christians or the Spanish inquisition or whatever, and people killing other religions just for being other religions. When the Irish came to the U.S, they were murdered in the streets by protestants. There was supposed to be freedom of religion. Catholics don't go hunting for other religious groups in a country of free religion.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Catholics don't go hunting for other religious groups in a country of free religion.

So they only do it when they can get away with it, amirite?

On the topic of the Inquisition, the entire point was to kill threats to the Spanish State and its institutions -- The Catholic Church being the central pullar of any ruler's power. Thus, the vast majority of those persecuted under the Inquisition were religious minorites: Jews, Protestants, Muslims, etc. What better way to consolidate power than by converting your opponents at the point of a sword, and burning the rest at the stake as "heretics"? The genius of it is that the opposition was instantly delegitimized, being of course "heretics
."
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

What's going on in this thread?

-Chillz

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

We are all gossiping about this guy Chillz..saying how much of a silly goof he is and what not..praising the one true deity, Steve.

SectoidMedic
SectoidMedic
165 posts
Peasant

haha yeah right.

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

We are all gossiping about this guy Chillz..saying how much of a silly goof he is and what not..praising the one true deity, Steve.

I"m in no mood to dig through thirty pages of flak against my like-minded brethren. Can I get a better summary?

-Chillz
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

mmbs112 and KnightDeclan spout religious stuff..we rebut

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Some questions were also asked and sometimes went unanswered *cough*

You're not a theistic satanist, Chillz, are you? A notion was thrown into the debate about how people became satanists after feeling betrayed by god, and I was thinking about the implications of this on your morals..

Alexander116
Alexander116
107 posts
Shepherd

Just would like to point something out, it may or may not have already been covered. (didn't quite read all 32 pages) God put the tree of the knowledge of good and evil into the bible in order for there to be free will. If there was no choice then we would not be entities of our own, we would simply have no choice but to love and obey him. But he allowed for us to choose not to follow him.
In summation, the tree made free will exist.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

So God gave us the ability to sin, and thus gave us limited hope for passing his arbitrary test to gain access to eternal happiness?

Alexander116
Alexander116
107 posts
Shepherd

I would choose to say that God gave us the ability to choose our own destiny, and it was up to us to decide where we wanted to go with it.

You must agree that you would rather have the choice to follow God or not. Rather than being without option.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I would choose to say that God gave us the ability to choose our own destiny, and it was up to us to decide where we wanted to go with it.

Well, we aren't the ones choosing, though. Everyone says we have the ability to choose, but really the choice falls down to "Follow these rules" or not. You can be a great person, but if you aren't following the rules to a tee (which includes very asinine rules)...then you are screwed.

You must agree that you would rather have the choice to follow God or not. Rather than being without option.

Which one?

I can agree it is nice, but Yahweh didn't create that option. Also, I'm not fond of the idea that my choice in deity could decide what afterlife I live.
Showing 301-315 of 362