ForumsWEPRWhy Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

362 193120
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Pretty much self-explanitory.
Why? I am a Catholic, and here are a couple things. Why would you worship Satan, and end up burning in hell, when you could worship the Lord, Jesus Christ and end up in the Paradise garden?
Why? I don't understand any philosophy in it.
A couple more things: Sigil of Baphomet, they worship demons and heinous figures. Huh, to discover the "true self" or something?
Ermmm.
Also, I am not a nut, entertainers actually do sell themselves to make it big, like here, in an interview with lead *****cat Dolls Singer, Nicole Sherzinger, courtesy of the Vigilant Citizen.
Don't be stuck in blind world!
Learn, and don't let them trick you too!

• 362 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

The 1st one, under the category Atheistic Satanism.

oh, lol they copied that. xD

but doesn't "atheistic satanism" say enough? =P
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

but doesn't "atheistic satanism" say enough? =P

Not believing in a deity whilst being completely ready to follow Satan's ideals: Get as far in life as you can and strive
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

i'm not following you there.

what i mend was. that "atheistic satanism" kinda already say's that they don't actually believe in in satan.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

maybe because of the same reason someone (in the right mind) would worship a christian god? you can turn the question of this thread around in any way you like. why would someone (in the right mind) decide to marry/divorce/work/train/study/be lazy?

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

There is a reason to worship the christian god: fear. If you disobey him you burn in hell. Basically, he's an insane dictator. Or, more likely, an invention of rulers trying to keep their subjects in line. (The metaphysical version of "I'll get my big brother to beat you up&quot

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Anyways, to sum the thread up in a single sentence...

There's an absurd amount of extremely valid reasons why people might worship Satan as opposed to God.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

who would you like to worship more, a god who punishs you for an eternity just because you never believed in him/her/it or if your believe in god crumbles, or satan, who does not care if you belife in him/her/it?

yeah, i am still not sure what gender god is (if gods can have a gender). maybe god is genderless...

also, if i remember it right then satan used to be an angel who rebelled against god because god was not so kind as some christians want to believe it. or was that lucifer? wait, are not lucifer and satan the same? i have to read the bible again...

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

The katars belived that God is satan and Satan is the good god (BTW, the all idea of Satan is Paganic and christianity adopted it to scare the Pagans)
By this logic - this world have Sins -» god is good -» satan is bad -» this world is bad = the laws of god are evil, the characters in the bible worship Satan, and bringing souls to this 'hell' is an evil act.
Easy to say they didnt survived for long.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

(BTW, the all idea of Satan is Paganic and christianity adopted it to scare the Pagans)

im pretty sure thats wrong. i have a pagan friend and he told me about his religion a little bit. the mostly worship the moon godess and sometimes the sun god or something like that. nothing really satanic
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Pagan is not a religion....
Its a name for all the religions who belive in many gods.
And as christianity rised from judisem, its quite hypocratic and a cheap way to converting others.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Its a name for all the religions who belive in many gods.

polytheistic and non-theistic religious
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

And as christianity rised from judisem, its quite hypocratic and a cheap way to converting others.

Judaism.

http://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/apple_ipad_2.jpg?w=285

Christianity

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-hqctoDPN4G4/TZx1MI8UKDI/AAAAAAAABg4/lwH4qzFHtkA/s1600/pearpad.png

Islam

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17wj5q452y89yjpg/original.jpg

*This comparison is for comical purposes only and is not to be taken as asserting one religion as being better over another. I believe them all to be equally ridiculous.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

org/thrillers/I_AM_Legend.html] JUDAISM

[url=http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0480249/]Christianity
[/ur]

Islam - well i have nothing on them with the same theme, but lets imagine a script for the movie wher Steven seagel is the director and main character. (He make some "new scenes" who make the hero into something more " comfortable" for him.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

(BTW, the all idea of Satan is Paganic and christianity adopted it to scare the Pagans)

It is possible that the hellish overlord Satan was originally copied by christianity from the Celtic Cernunnos, the Antlered One, residing half of the year below the surface in the sidh. But Cernunnos is a good, friendly fellow, and also spends half of th year as a boar named Esu or something like that. The concept of the bad Satan burning the sinners definitely is a christian "creation".
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Its a combination i belive. At first, the christians were jews who ate only kosher food and follow the mitzvut (laws, but in a mean of good will - religius peoples want to acomplish these laws, like donating to the poor and etc). But as time passed and the second housr of the temple wese destroyed, the christians tried to sepread themselves from the jewish community. And most of there religion was baded on "If you wont belive in jesus, you will go to hell! Youll go to hell and tjen you die!".

Showing 31-45 of 362