ForumsWEPRThe World War III Theory

393 163570
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

World War I and II are futile to the might-be incoming war, the third World War.
You might laugh this time, but it will happen. Due to the recent events of the 21st century, it will happen. Some of the events are: 9/11, Sabah crisis, and N.K.'s declaration of war. So be prepared. I think it would be a nuclear war. But cyber warfare is more likely than the former.

[quote]"Wars will subside, but war can't be prevented" ---------- Anonymous

• 393 Replies
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

But since when the UN realy take some actipn? The UN troopes in Lebanon are getting beaten by Hezb-halla Terrorists, literaly - they bully them, beating them up when they make the hezbhalla angry. They have no real power, as we saw in Ruwanda, in Darfur, everywher they stay. Only the acts of single countries keep the peace.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

this treaty maintained peace in Europe until the first World War.

peace in europe befor ww1? you must be joking. the peace in europe is extraordinary for the area. it's somewhat a wonder that there still is peace after 68 year.

WWII for example could not have happened had the Japanese not attacked Pearl Harbor.

it was a world war already befor this event.

World wars are always the result of a change in the balance of the international power

there have only been 2. and i'm pretty sure the 2nd didn't happen because of a shift in power.

that's why the UN is in existence, it keeps the shifts in power from spiraling out of control and causing another massive war.

every nation is free to join or leave the UN at any point. no1 is being kept in line.

since when the UN realy take some actipn?

the UN is not only military. most that the UN does is political.
NEC001
NEC001
14 posts
Peasant

Also, the UN is a peace keeping group, not a peace making group.
This difference really ties the UN's hands most times, allowing them to offer assistance, but not using military action to stop a war, unless asked to do so by the country.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

There are photoes of hizbhulla members punching UN member. Mote than once Israeli soliders had to cross the border to rescue them. This is peace making?

Anyway, as we see whats happen when there are some economic problmes and how fast these facist nazis group gather power, well... it give me a deja-vu.

NEC001
NEC001
14 posts
Peasant

well, normally, they only follow the peace keeping part, such as when there was the war over in Rwanda.

NEC001
NEC001
14 posts
Peasant

A good movie that shows this is Hotel Rwanda.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

peace in europe befor ww1? you must be joking. the peace in europe is extraordinary for the area. it's somewhat a wonder that there still is peace after 68 year.

I have no clue what you're trying to say.

it was a world war already befor this event.

That was a mistake on my part, I meant to say WWII for the US could not have happened.

there have only been 2. and i'm pretty sure the 2nd didn't happen because of a shift in power.

A world war is any war that involved a majority of the most powerful and populous countries, while it's most popularly used in terms of 20th Century wars, there are many that fit the bill, the Eighty Years War and the Seven Years War AKA French and Indian war are two that come to mind right of the bat.

Additionally, a shift in power would be any one country gaining power, so Germany which after Versailles had been demilitarized and severely sanctioned mustering a massively power military force would be a shift in power. The sudden growth in German economic power, would be a shift in power. The Japanese invasion of Manchuria and subsequent capture of valuable Chinese resources and factors of production would be a shift in power. And I'm sure there are more, although these are the ones I know of personally.

every nation is free to join or leave the UN at any point

To join the UN a potential state must submit an application to the Secretary General accepting all the rules laid out in the charter which will then be reviewed by the security council. They security council must approve with a vote of at least 9 of 15 without any of the five permanent members vetoing entry.

Actually there is no provision with the charter of the United Nations to provide from withdrawal, if it were that easy the UN would have collapsed due to the exact same weakness as the League of Nations years ago.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

I was thinking on that movie tooNEC001 when i wrote it. When the militia throw at them the bloody helmets of fellow UN troops and they are not allowed to fight back.

In 1973, does these &quoteace keepers" did anything to stop the eygeptian invasion? No. They fled away, not even warning Israel about it.

When **** get real, these guys are no wher to be found. Arent they are suppose to get hezbolla out of south Lebanon? So how there were katyusha rockets shooting from that region?

Long story short - dont count on the UN.

NEC001
NEC001
14 posts
Peasant

Well, they keep the world powers in check (Russia, USA, UK, etc.) but they can't keep track of every single country in the world, and some countries don't care about the UN (Somalia, N. Korea, etc.)

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

I have no clue what you're trying to say.

let me put it this way:
there have been 5 wars in europe in the 100 year or so that the concert of europe existed.

That was a mistake on my part, I meant to say WWII for the US could not have happened.

it was called a world war befor the usa started to get involved.

A world war is any war that involved a majority of the most powerful and populous countries,

doesn't have to be.
there needs to be fought on at least 3 of the 6 continents. and all these battles need to be the cause of 1 war.
how powerful or populous they are doesn't matter. (but of course do the powerful and populous nations get themselve involved in such a massive war. it just isn't needed to be called a world war.)

there are many that fit the bill, the Eighty Years War

the eighty years war was between the spanish and dutch. also called the dutch revolt. it doesn't even come close to a world war.

French and Indian war

i dunno about this war but seeing it are 2 nations from 2 different continents i agree that it comes closer to a world war then the dutch revolt.

To join the UN a potential state must submit an application to the Secretary General accepting all the rules laid out in the charter which will then be reviewed by the security council. They security council must approve with a vote of at least 9 of 15 without any of the five permanent members vetoing entry.

of course you can't just take a seat and sit around. but every nation that wants to. (and shows it changes to get in line) can join.

Actually there is no provision with the charter of the United Nations to provide from withdrawal, if it were that easy the UN would have collapsed due to the exact same weakness as the League of Nations years ago.

if you want to leave you can leave. what is the UN going to do about it?
start a war?

it's kinda like whit suicide. it is illegal. but what your gonna do about it? who are you going to punish for it?

When **** get real, these guys are no wher to be found. Arent they are suppose to get hezbolla out of south Lebanon? So how there were katyusha rockets shooting from that region?

the UN nations do not want to spend 90% of their army's on UN peace keeping. the UN is everywhere around the world trying to keep it safe along whit local military and police. but they do not have a massive army that can put down every single place where they are needed.
it is not a military organization it is a political one.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Do read carefully.

there have been 5 wars in europe in the 100 year or so that the concert of europe existed.

The concert was designed to provide security to the member nations, whom at the time were the most powerful in Europe, that didn't stop said nations from taking military action against powers outside the treaty. Additionally, every treaty had it's failings, the CoE was very strong for a time, especially considering the history Europe has with warfare, however as time passed it reached a failing point.

Websters Dictionary:
: a war engaged in by all or most of the principal nations of the world; especially capitalized both Ws : either of two such wars of the first half of the 20th century

The 80 years war involved four major European powers and involved combat in mainland Europe and the colonies that these powers controlled.

i dunno about this war but seeing it are 2 nations from 2 different continents i agree that it comes closer to a world war then the dutch revolt.

What? It was a war between France and Britain.

if you want to leave you can leave. what is the UN going to do about it?
start a war?

Of the 206 sovereign states in the world, 193 are party to the UN, that means that should you withdraw with the intent to actually cause conflict, a state will draw the ire of not only every single world power but the overwhelming majority of the world. It's not unheard of for a nation to remove themselves from a UN proposal, however, actual secession from the organization has never actually happened. Not in a fully recognized way at any rate.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

The 80 years war involved four major European powers and involved combat in mainland Europe and the colonies that these powers controlled.

europe is hardly the world.

What? It was a war between France and Britain.

by the name 7 year war it didn't say me anything. neither did frence - indian war.
i made conclusion solely in that 1 sentence. (niether do i care to look it up now...)

a state will draw the ire

yes.
actual secession from the organization has never actually happened

exactly.
NEC001
NEC001
14 posts
Peasant

If we are talking about wars between the British and the French, a much longer (and I consider larger) war would be the 100 years war. Now I know this isn't really a world war, but there have been numerous wars between France and Britain, other than the French and Indian War.

Now just out of curiosity, would the Crusades (any or all of them) be considered a world war? it involved a lot of the known world at the time.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

other than the French and Indian War.

I believe I mentioned this previously..but this is actually considered by some as a "World War"

it involved a lot of the known world at the time.

I'd hardly call the Western European countries, Muslims, and Seljuk Turks the entire known world
NEC001
NEC001
14 posts
Peasant

I think you misunderstood me. I meant the known world at the time, not the entire world. Asia, Africa, Europe, and the Middle East were known. I'm not sure about how much of Asia was known, but not all of it was known to the Europeans. Also, I don't think most of Africa was known other than the coast.

Showing 61-75 of 393