ForumsWEPRThe World War III Theory

393 163372
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

World War I and II are futile to the might-be incoming war, the third World War.
You might laugh this time, but it will happen. Due to the recent events of the 21st century, it will happen. Some of the events are: 9/11, Sabah crisis, and N.K.'s declaration of war. So be prepared. I think it would be a nuclear war. But cyber warfare is more likely than the former.

[quote]"Wars will subside, but war can't be prevented" ---------- Anonymous

• 393 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

they aren't weak either.

Compared to a lot of other nations, they are. Most of their weapons are from the Cold War with some from WWII. Nationally, a lot of their technology is really outdated and they lack the cash to modernize. Example:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fe/KoreaAtNight20121205_NASA.png

An image of the Korean Peninsula at night rendered from NASA observations. The disparity in illumination levels is an indication of the differences between the North and South in population and technology.
The amount of light is a direct indicator of economic activity.

-Wiki

SK has tons of modern weaponry with over 100x NK's economic strength. Although NK has about twice as many planes in their air force, 3x as many readily available troops (but about half the total population of SK and equal amounts of people available for service), 5x as many vessels in their navy, and a few thousand more artillery installations, if they went to war today (especially if NK attempts a full invasion, spreading their resources thin) and neither side got further assistance, it would still be like muskets vs miniguns. Sure, they'd make a really big push because there's a lot of them, but they're simply outmatched. And I really doubt they'd use a nuke on land they want or plan to invade. Maybe in desperation at the end as a last stand, but it would be foolish to do it any sooner. At most, it would be a replay of the first war but with a lot more blood.
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

So it wont be SK vs NK... how fun...

What about South america? Any chance for a war in that region?

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

So it wont be SK vs NK... how fun...

Well, it could be. Depends how much boasting the advisors do. And how much support China gives.

What about South america? Any chance for a war in that region?

Doubt it. Nothing that would lead to a global war anyway. Maybe some interventions against drug cartels or politically unfavorable leaders, but not a 'war'. Their battles tend to be economic.

So, the Middle East still seems to be the most likely for the next conflict unless something big happens elsewhere.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

So, the Middle East still seems to be the most likely for the next conflict unless something big happens elsewhere.

*Sharpens his knife
Although I doubt a global war may erupt, these fellows are still fighting themselves.
The only Scenario I can think of is:-
Radicals come in power in Saudi Arabia or UAE
Cut all ties with west.
Nato Replies with troops or helping other factions.
**** blows.
Espacially if it is saudi arabia as not many muslims like westren armies here.
Govrn. may not intervene butcommoners will and will cut down any man stoping them from that.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Although I doubt a global war may erupt

Me too. Most of the 'important' nations with the big guns are at least trying to be friendly with each other, so unless something huge happens and one of the powers helps a side too much and actually goes to war instead of a coalition effort, it'll just be more &quoteacekeeping" stuff.

Syria is still a mess, Egypt is screwed or saved depending who you ask, and Pakistan has a new president. Lots of things can happen.
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

1) Pakistan is currnetly not a player in the middleeast

2) I know its still sound far, and i may be over optimistic, but i do belive that these talks which are going on between Israel and the Pata"h (aka the Palestinian government) gonna end this mess. As the Arabic league said it will cease all hostility to Israel if we will make peace with us, im all hope that the next war, we will have some new allies (against who? Who know...).

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Pakistan is currnetly not a player in the middleeast

Maybe not on Govn level but we have enough militants too turn the tide of a small war or of a theatre in a larger one.
Also US does consider Pakistan part of ME most of the times (Idiots).
Also it is not the pres who holds power rather it PM and military holds even truer power in pakistan.
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

I know that Punosher, but you can also say canada as a big enough army to do so. What i meant is that Pakistan, with all the respect, are not .. well... You dont realy play a major rule in the events. You dont stop wars or violence (like eygept or turkey), you dont do world widw military oprations (Israel, The terror organization), You dont invest money (like saudi-arabia or Qatar). You do have nuke, but you mostly aim it to India.

Correct me if im wrong afcours. And i dont think you (Pakistan) are weak or anything. You just dont get realy involve in the middleeast area (and i dont speak about USA "middleast, which contain anywher with arabir or any people who look muslim. By them Morroco is middle east too).

But ill do like to hear, how India-Pakitan relations are going on now? There was a heat wave at the Mombey attack, how things are now?

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

But ill do like to hear, how India-Pakitan relations are going on now?

I like them Chill
but they are warming up
Although Nawaz Sharif Promised a tour to INdia but he did not go.
Agencies say that there is cold war going b/w Black ops groups.
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

So as much as it might seem cool outside, a war can explode in a click?

And for another thing...

I just saw a show on WW2 (again... for the 42 time maybe) and i thought on it:

There wont be another World war as the west dont let any other global force to rise.
It might seem like bullieng, some peoples hate USA and UK for that, but eith all the respect, what did they did in the spanish civil war? Nithing. And we hate them for that. What they doind in Afganistan? What we wanted them to do in the Spanish civil war. Help the afgan democracy (there was an afgan democracy, but everything changed when the soviet nation attacked).
We dont like how USA get insolved with Cuba, but history shown us what happened on Russia.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

i didn't follow the topic. i just accidentally went in here and i readed this line:

The amount of light is a direct indicator of economic activity.

look at europe... look at the netherlands and belgium... that whole area is 1 big light source. even much more then the rest of europe... but i can't say belgium is 1 of the most economical active countries in europe. they have 1 of the best spots. surrounded by countries who are. but they are more like greece then france, germany or the netherlands... still they have this massive amount of light pollution...
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

An indian submarine as exploded yesterday

Punisher? Do you have something to do with it?
Joking : )

Civil war in eygept?
The military as clashed wirh the protesters, some sources claim 300 deads, while thw Islamic brotherhood claim 1200.

Does things gonna get nasty?

LazyOne
LazyOne
166 posts
Nomad

look at europe... look at the netherlands and belgium... that whole area is 1 big light source. even much more then the rest of europe... but i can't say belgium is 1 of the most economical active countries in europe. they have 1 of the best spots. surrounded by countries who are. but they are more like greece then france, germany or the netherlands... still they have this massive amount of light pollution...

More like Greece? What the hell? Greece has a huge national debt and a dead economy.

Belgium has a debt, but not bigger or smaller than other western countries. Actually, our economy has suffered less under the crisis than most (such as Holland) simply because we refused to economise on certain things Holland did economise on.

On topic:
A little history:
After WW2, the US dollar was set as the world reserve currency which means that basic goods such as oil, wheat, ... were all priced in dollars on the international market. All of this paper money was printed by the US. Of course, this gave the US a significant advantage on the market. The US could, in theory, print its own money and trade it off for goods on the international market. To prevent this, the US promised to all nations that their dollars would be exchangable for gold at a rate of 1234.5 dollars per kilo. Sounds fair.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bretton_Woods_system

Now we jump from '45 to '70. It became clear that the US had pumped massive amounts of money into the Vietnam war. So some countries (*cough* France *cough*) started wondering if the US had secretly been printing out money. Because, you know, they'd just invested billions in a war and the life conditions in the US weren't deteriorating or anything. So France decided to exchange all of its dollars for gold. Nixon refused. The US had just robbed the western world.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixon_Shock

So how did the US prevent an all-out war? Well, the answer to that is simple. Nixon asked Saudi-Arabia to *only accept the US dollar* in exchange for oil. Seeing something going on here? Not only did he ask Saudi-Arabia, he asked every other oil-exporting country. The all accepted. By the end of 1975, every country exporting oil only accepted the dollar. Now what did they get in exchange? Military protection from the US. This tactic forced other nations to maintain the dollar. How could they obtain it? By sending goods to the US. Yes, the scam keeps going on.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrodollar

Next: Iraq. In 2000 Iraq (after being obliterated by the Gulf War) started something called the "Oil-For-Food Program". The name says it all. In fact, Iraq now sold *oil for euros*. Of course, this was terribly bad for the US. What did the US do? Point a finger and yell "They've got a nuke!" and invaded the country. Again. Well, turns out that Iraq didn't have a nuke. The country was destroyed, though. After the Iraq war (2003) the nation suddenly stopped selling oil for euros and reverted back to dollars. Economical interests? Nope, they suffered about 20% loss because of this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil-for-Food_Programme
_don't think I need to post a link to the gulf war & Iraq war wikipedia pages, do I?_

Now, we're in the 2000's What's going on now?
Well, you all remember Libya, where Gaddhaffi was executed by rebels. Why? He launched a gold-for-oil program. Now what do the rebels have to do with the dollar?
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/30/us-libya-usa-order-idUSTRE72T6H220110330

Next point: Iran
Same story. Iran wanted to sell gold for oil, the US forbids it and threatens with military strikes to stop their alleged nuke-building business.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/16/us-iran-turkey-sanctions-idUSBRE91F01F20130216
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_oil_bourse
Well, the independent Iranian oil market still exists. Who likes to buys there? China and Russia.

Next point: Syria
This is actually happening right now. Syria and Iran have a mutual defense agreement. The Syrian regime is being brought to its knees by rebels (surprisingly supported by the US). Remember the whole fuss about the Sarin gas used against by the Syrian government? Well, a Russian study shows that it wasn't the regime that used it, but rather the rebels. I don't know which one to trust, really. I don't know.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/feb/17/usa.syria
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/04/30/obama-syria.html

So what you have now, is a two-sided fight between the world's strongest nations. On one side we have Russia, China and North Korea and a bunch of smaller countries. On the other side we have the USA, the NATO, South Korea, and, again, a few other smaller nations. They're all ganging up on one side of Syria, watching what the other player does. In fact, Russia's already supported the Syrian regime with surface-to-surface missiles. Russia has already warned the US several times that when they attack Iran and try to stop the Russian and Chinese import of non-dollar-funded oil, they will attack. Doesn't look like the US is going to stop any time soon.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Belgium has a debt, but not bigger or smaller than other western countries. Actually, our economy has suffered less under the crisis than most (such as Holland) simply because we refused to economise on certain things Holland did economise on.
[quote]
economical activity has nothing to do with debt...

when belgium had no government for what? 3 year? your debt rose and rose. you still have unneeded debt because of this. and we dont suffer so much of the crisis. only some sectors. sucks for them but most sectors do rather well.
LazyOne
LazyOne
166 posts
Nomad

economical activity has nothing to do with debt...

when belgium had no government for what? 3 year? your debt rose and rose. you still have unneeded debt because of this. and we dont suffer so much of the crisis. only some sectors. sucks for them but most sectors do rather well.

... 3 years? I don't think you have a clue of what you're talking about.
Also, I didn't say economy had anything to do with debt. I said we weren't as bad in debt as Greece. Greece's economy is dead in the water, Belgium's economy is stagnating.

Now, end this discussion here. Either contact me on my profile or stop derailing the thread.
Showing 106-120 of 393