ForumsGamesNew Zelda game

18 7692
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Yeah you read it right, there's a new Zelda game coming out.

Its supposed to be the biggest Zelda game

But of course its coming out for Wii U so about 5(?) people have a Wii U here on AG but, here's some good news: Its coming in 2014, so that's enough time to buy one, well... when the price goes down.

So comment below on how you think this will go.

• 18 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I have seen some gameplay and it looks kinda cool, but it's not enough to make me get a wiiu. Now, if a new smash bros came out......

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Its supposed to be the biggest Zelda game

where did i hear that? oh yeah... when ANY new game of a series is announced
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

It better come out the the 3ds too....

Shukelven
Shukelven
42 posts
Peasant

I don't think its going to be the best Zelda ever, it has to be beyond awesome to be better than Ocarina of Time, but I read that too a while ago.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Eh.. I doubt it will surpass Oot and MM. And if it does THEN that's when it becomes the best Zelda.

Now if you're talking about size which I assume is the deal here then that is probably true... Apparently dudgeons will take hours on hours to get through... More than the old ones :P

Hopefully it's more on the difficult side and not on the endurance side though.

Shukelven
Shukelven
42 posts
Peasant

Zelda games today are too easy, the temples will probably be big, but it's not going to take you much time. That's what I like the most of OoT, it's not easy.

aurelius_maximus
aurelius_maximus
22 posts
Peasant

^Not. At. All. Unless they somehow get the core of OoT, its just gonna be "another" Zelda title. What I want is a second OoT (not chronologically, but functionally) without the original restrictions of the N64. Fundamentally, whats changed since OoT, besides it getting easier and the graphics?

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

It might be the biggest Zelda game. The Wii U has more processing power that its predecessors, it certainly accommodates for that. Every Zelda game since The Wind Waker has certainly been "bigger" in terms of pure size and depth than its predecessors, but that doesn't mean better. I mean, I consider Majora's Mask to be the greatest title in the series and it's by far the shortest 3D Zelda game, main quest-wise.

Unless they somehow get the core of OoT, its just gonna be "another" Zelda title.
Dude, EVERY Zelda game since OoT is a remake of OoT. One is OoT full of masks, one is OoT on the seas, one is a high-def remake of OoT and one is OoT in the sky. They have the core down.

Some of the newer games are actually better games overall, the simple fact is that they don't have the same sheer charm, nostalgia factor and groundbreaking-ness (is that a word?) that OoT had when it came out. And unless Nintendo retools the series to such an extent that they might as well be coming up with a new IP altogether, that's never going to happen. We'll continue to see Zelda games that expand on the original genius of OoT, but still revolving around a common center.

Which works! Nintendo always manages to keep new 3D Zeldas sufficiently fresh and exciting, new gamers are immersed, long-time fans are satisfied. If you're playing Zelda looking for drastic innovation, maybe it's your own fault you're disappointed.
I, for one, look forward to every new console Zelda game.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Again. That's never going to happen again, I meant.

This forum needs an edit function.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

honestly... my first 3d zelda game was twilight princess on the wii so my original zelda nostalgia lies in the 2d handheld games. (is that considered 2d? i mean those that look like pokemon and not adventures of link). i wish there would be another zelda that looked like links awakening, the oracles, minish cap and a link to the past

kellynmcfinch
kellynmcfinch
132 posts
Nomad

heh well they are remaking legend of zelda wind waker for wii u i heard

sealytopia
sealytopia
3 posts
Farmer

just get it!

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Actually, Skyward Sword's motion control changed a lot from OoT imo.

If they keep that, combined with SSB, I will probably pick up a wii u.

~~~Darth Caedus

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

im not going to think much of it until i see gameplay trailer footage i dont even have a wii u, so if this comes out then i might buy it along with new super smash bros

FreckledTerror
FreckledTerror
57 posts
Peasant

They have two Zelda games coming out in November, one is a remake of Wind Waker and the other is a sequel to A Link In The Past.

Showing 1-15 of 18