Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Rules of the Internet -VS- Rules of Armor Games

Posted Oct 15, '13 at 7:30pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

6,812 posts

Rule 65-1
If you complain of ads you'll be burned at the stake.

I have to do something since it says I did something on the list of users who did something lol.

Posted Oct 18, '13 at 7:49pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,036 posts

Rule 65-1
If you complain of ads you'll be burned at the stake.

Hmm. You're right, we don't have a rule about the ads on AG. Why be burnt at the stake? I think they're annoying too. Maybe more of a "deal with it" rule?

Posted Oct 19, '13 at 2:43pm

wflag10

wflag10

1,315 posts

Hmm. You're right, we don't have a rule about the ads on AG. Why be burnt at the stake? I think they're annoying too. Maybe more of a "deal with it" rule?

No they should be burnt at the stake for complaining about something as little as a few seconds or a few minutes.

Also how about:

Rule 66: Posting the rules of AG on other threads is incredibly annoying, don't do it our you shall be eaten by a wild pang.

Posted Oct 19, '13 at 9:51pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

6,812 posts

Why be burnt at the stake?

Because the annoying part wasn't the ads but the complaints about them. We could always change it to get their heads cut off too, i'm okay with either

Rule 66: Posting the rules of AG on other threads is incredibly annoying, don't do it our you shall be eaten by a wild pang.

*ahem patrick ahem*

I didn't say anything ^^

Posted Oct 19, '13 at 10:02pm

wflag10

wflag10

1,315 posts

*ahem patrick ahem*

It was more like *cough* Mattemangel *cough* but close enough.

Posted Oct 19, '13 at 11:19pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,036 posts

It was more like *cough* Mattemangel *cough* but close enough.

The whole point of the Unofficial Rules of Armor Games is for them to be used on Armor Games. If it applies (such as, someone bumps their thread three times in an hour, or they start a new thread to ask a question that was already answered), post the rule so they know. What would be the point of having rules if no one knew when they were breaking them?

Yeah, I've posted the rules on other threads. You're supposed to, because they apply specifically to this website (although some apply to eponymous website). How else are people going to know?

Posted Oct 20, '13 at 12:21am

wflag10

wflag10

1,315 posts

What would be the point of having rules if no one knew when they were breaking them?

There is no point, this is a joke thread, you are treating them like they are real rules.

You're supposed to, because they apply specifically to this website (although some apply to eponymous website).

Ok so they apply to this website? So what? That doesn't give you a right to post the rule in a thread and not say anything else.

How else are people going to know?

Why should they care about it? If I made a thread about the FGA, then proceed to spam the member list into a bunch of threads and state " How else are people going to know about it?" what would you say? Because that is basically the exact same scenario as now.

Posted Oct 20, '13 at 7:07pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

+1

The whole point of the Unofficial Rules of Armor Games is for them to be used on Armor Games. If it applies (such as, someone bumps their thread three times in an hour, or they start a new thread to ask a question that was already answered), post the rule so they know. What would be the point of having rules if no one knew when they were breaking them?

I don't think you know the difference between the unofficial rules and the official rules. The official rules are all users need to know. Referring to your thread and your rules can confuse people because they might not understand the inside jokes and whatnot. That isn't to mention the fact that your rules have no substantial power, while the official rules are there to let people know what they can and can't do; lest they be banned. Whipping your rules around might be funny, but it's sure as hell confusing and annoying when that's all you say. Contribute to a thread the proper way, and don't act like the unofficial rules mean anything.

Running around and posting your rules in an unnecessary way is both redundant and annoying. Please don't do it.

Yeah, I've posted the rules on other threads. You're supposed to, because they apply specifically to this website (although some apply to eponymous website). How else are people going to know?

Eponymous things are things that have a specific recipient's name. For example, when a band releases a self-titled album, that album is known as their eponymous album. I think you used the word wrong. Minor detail, regardless.

People are going to know about these rules by
1. Clicking on this thread.
2. Visiting your profile.
3. Visiting Patrick's profile.

That's all they should need.

Posted Oct 20, '13 at 8:22pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

6,812 posts

Rule 66-1
The wild pang that eats them shall be fed R2's poisonous cookies first.

Posted Oct 21, '13 at 12:29pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,834 posts

Let's just cut the middle man. We all know where this is going, so let's just make it happen.

All the rules are to be related to me in some way.

Reply to Rules of the Internet -VS- Rules of Armor Games

You must be logged in to post a reply!