ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn the hard way?

84 18759
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

I'm sure everyone has had a situation where you wish you didn't have to learn something the way you did.

Mine? When jumping off a roof, trampolines DO NOT bounce straight up and you WILL fall off the side and break your wrist.

• 84 Replies
light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

you can't breathe underwater.

remember that, now, I almost died!

Bjiscuit
Bjiscuit
610 posts
Nomad

Well honestly, crap.... I learned a loooooooot of things the hard way, i gues i'l go with the hardest.. hmm... That you better be absolutely, 100% without a doubt sure, when you are going to marry someone, otherwise.... T.T Well i'l leave it at that, just not a good experience.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

For those who aren't old enough to drink, don't. For those who are, drinking and bowling may end badly.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Here are some more... Don't say inappropriate words at lunch when the assistant principal is behind you.

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

I'm learning the hard how much effort college is right now I kill myself half the time but I hope to reap the benifits after

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Apparently it's possible to dislocate your jaw from coughing too hard in the wrong position. Ask me how I know.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Don't take it personal if an ex (that you did your best to treat greatly, etc) goes back to talking with her ******* of an ex immediately after breaking up with you

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

There are some words that you can never take back...

JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

How to hit a good flat serve. It's not easy making the change from eastern to continental.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Cats don't like being thrown across the room. I was five ok. The cat was fine.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Do not rub a cat's belly.
Do not bathe cats.

Do not weight train shortly after eating.

Do not rely on others.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Change the subject when your girlfriend asks "Does this make me look fat?"

Any answer you give to this question will lead to a black eye... Believe me, I know. (It also leads to loss of your Girlfriend.)

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Don't use a rusty razor when shaving.

Blood and hair everywhere!

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Blood and hair everywhere!

That reminds me of another one: don't wear swim trunks with the netting in them. I wore a pair that was too small last year when I was in Hawaii. Guess where the abrasion took place?
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

That reminds me of another one: don't wear swim trunks with the netting in them. I wore a pair that was too small last year when I was in Hawaii. Guess where the abrasion took place?

Dear God. I'd rather die.

THE IMAGE IS STUCK IN MY HEAD NOW
Showing 16-30 of 84