ForumsNews and FeedbackHas AG finally gone Pay-to-Play?

10 5751
CatonaRock
CatonaRock
323 posts
Justiciar

Has AG finally gone Pay-to-Play and is it a good thing? I'm curious as to everyone's opinion.

Of course there's been an increasing number of MMO's advertised on the site. But these are all other companies' creations that AG is showing, and I've never had a problem with this since they are just links to the other games and makes AG even an easier spot to find all the games you want.

My question revolves around Gemcraft Labyrinth, the final Quest. You are supposed to beat 150 fields and get two challenge amulets. While beating the fields is easy playing for free, the challenge amulets are not. In fact, many of them, such as reaching 100 waves, are impossible unless you buy the premium edition that unlocks the 'endless waves' option.

So does this represent that certain Quests might become only Pay-to-Play? Such as on Jagex's FunOrb? How do you feel about that? Obviously AG needs to make money and pay their wonderful employees, but what are your thoughts on the matter?

Please try to keep responses civil so we can have a reasoned discussion.

As a side note, if anyone ha suggestions on how to get the final Gemcraft Labyrinth Quest for free, please let me know. Thanks!

• 10 Replies
Showing 16-15 of 10