ForumsQuestsStrike Force Heroes 2 Quests

432 263787
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

This thread is a place to discuss quests for Strike Force Heroes 2. Here is a list of the current quests available for this awesome side-view shooter...

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/14775/media/icon/7f85e9876376eeb49a152839203f9d34.png?v=1363297859&vv=1363832963
Duty Calls
Activate a killstreak.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/14775/media/icon/38e7793dc05d92942f76509efc24be6a.png?v=1363297895&vv=1363832991
Climbing the Ranks
Reach level 5 with any 1 soldier.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/14775/media/icon/2e1232fade2162f7c067e903ddba4c21.png?v=1363297955&vv=1363833018
Ready for Battle
Equip a primary weapon, secondary weapon, attachment, and armor that are all at least level 10.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/14775/media/icon/d7636e52283f2c3ee13da58577b364e8.png?v=1363297993&vv=1363833054
Survivor
Complete a mission (campaign and challenge) without dying.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/14775/media/icon/3ac9b6970e4a3e6cacf14bef95698913.png?v=1363298018&vv=1363833087
The End?
Beat the campaign on Normal.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/14775/media/icon/27519f6a63f01193daab66bb28d58eea.png?v=1363298044&vv=1363833115
Rampage
Get 3 kills during a killstreak.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/14775/media/icon/7ae1a04691199cf5bd6a3522b7859bc1.png?v=1363298070&vv=1363833152
Party Time
Reach level 10 with all 5 soldiers.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/14775/media/icon/4e67ec748ac07c21314cc15758b44078.png?v=1363298100&vv=1363833182
Compulsive Gambler
Get a Jackpot at the slot machine.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/14775/media/icon/b4b45377dbabef07006eee151af37fae.png?v=1363298146&vv=1363833218
Strike Force Hero
Complete all missions (campaign and challenge) on hard.
Hardness: Hard

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/14775/media/icon/45278ee6f175673972801131953a090e.png?v=1363298176&vv=1363833250
Master
Reach level 50 with 1 soldier.
Hardness: Hard

• 432 Replies
FaTal_ShootR
FaTal_ShootR
1 posts
Nomad

I love this game so much. I have all but TWO quests. Master and Compulsive Gambler. Derp.[i][b][/quote]

Jaysterwiz101
Jaysterwiz101
1 posts
Nomad

last quest use intervention for sniper class

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

@GeoffreyXIV
Rampage is not supposed to be restricted to any gaming mode, but I say you should give a go in a non-custom game if you have trouble.
The challenge mission "Defection" provides a very high chance to complete Rampage.

I personally could use any tip for Defection (Hard) and Randomania (Hard).

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I personally could use any tip for Defection (Hard) and Randomania (Hard).

Snipers and jugs are both popular on my challenge from what I've heard.

A decently leveled sniper with dsr1/intervention/theotherboltactionrifle can clear enemies from a distance, then rush in during the respawn timer, grab the flag, and run (this is my standard play, using my dsr1 and I do it on intense).

Randomania, I would go with Jug (the high health pool, weapon access is completely random) and you will be able to tank shots easier, allowing you to kill them if you got a crappy wep. (note, if you die during randomization, you will respawn with your equipped wep).

~~~Darth Caedus
twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

@Jacen96
On Hard mode the extra life of the Juggernaut hardly at all helps, so there goes your tip for Randomania.

Defection is even think is bugged, pretty much impossible.
You are against 10 other player, half of them being FRICKIN' IMMORTAL.

Volar
Volar
12 posts
Chamberlain

Defection is really stupid, you can't win 1vs6 AI that can snipe you with a shotgun from the other side of the screen, it's just silly, why base a level on that 1% chance that the entire enemy team will glitch out and choose the same route at the bottom/top of the map?

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

On Hard mode the extra life of the Juggernaut hardly at all helps, so there goes your tip for Randomania.

Since everything is random, Juggernaut is literally the best class for that level, are you leveled up enough?

Defection is really stupid, you can't win 1vs6 AI that can snipe you with a shotgun from the other side of the screen, it's just silly, why base a level on that 1% chance that the entire enemy team will glitch out and choose the same route at the bottom/top of the map?

Shotguns (excluding judgement), have a range (where the ai will shoot) of about 1/2 the screen, which is pretty far away, especially if you play as sniper.

RULE OF THUMB: If you are having trouble with a mission, try restarting until there are no missile launchers and sniper rifles on the opposing team.

~~~Darth Caedus
twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

@Jacen
Nope, the Juggernaut's life only really make difference (for players) on Normal. End of story. And the challenge you have *7 HP. That's it.

On Hard and Insane the difference between the classes' HP is being onehit or twohit. That's it, end of story.

For Hard and Insane difficulty what DO makes a difference, and on the HUGH FAVOUR for Sniper is the WEAPON. Sniper weapons have insanely high range and accuracy, making you win.

With this on Hard/Insane Randomania the solution is this:
Have Real Life Luck meeting ALL these requirements:
- have your initial weapon for entire 10 seconds every time you spawn. (Might be a bug in the program, but this is the ONLY thing what allows you to be better then the computer, what on Hard and Insane OHKO you independent your class and its weapon.)
- no (or minimal) juggernauts, so you can OHKO everything
- spawning 80%+ on the edges of the map instead of in the middle, what means you'll be gangbanged before you can even click once.
- no uber-weapons for the AI (I hate when all of 'em get sniper rifles, rocket launchers and such)
- the enemy actually be near where you are, and not always en mass the other side of the map, which you can't get close, 'cause you'll be gangbanged from out of screen, via impossible angles. I lost a lot for this happening 30 seconds straight not once.
- useful weapons to the player when randomisation happens (zero dmg 0 ammo 0 range weapons are simply never do squat).
And even if ALL these happen, you'll have to rely on blindshooting offscreen WITHOUT help on minimap (you need to do OHKOs for sure, you can't allow yourself to loose any on the damage/range/aim triumvirate).

So winning Randomania depends on a multi-factor real life luck AND a certain glitch to happen.

Half the screen is WAY TO LITTLE on Hard and Insane where the AI tends to kill you offscreen, or from full screen distance.

----------------

On Defection:
The appearing variants of soldiers is just one thing. The other problems:
- your team is against you
- you can not harm your own party
- and point a Shady Soldier gets to your team will be transferred to the enemy team before the challenge ends
- after 2 (or in a good run 3) luggages the enemy team (independently how many points your team actually have) will spread out in all levels of the screen, making it almost impossible to pass from one side to another.
- invisibility (unlike other killstreaks) do not work when you grab a luggage
- the moving-sensors tend NOT showing where the enemy is (or they really spawn out of nowhere after you move like half a map for rendering reasons)
- any enemy with DOT weapon (acid, nitro and flamethrowers) are not affected by invisibility

And on the topic of the "youtube success video": unlike in that the enemy:
- never dies as whole group
- never moves as whole group
- walking the bottom is SUICIDE, as the AI moves both the enemy AND "your team" through the bottom after spawning, making them shoot each other, and invisibility do NOT protects you from being hit.

This makes Defection an almost impossible challenge.

the only idea i have is to use Engineer to protect the luggage, BUT i have my doubts not seeing and adequate weapons to kill remaining enemy at their luggage, too many kill-requirement to fill the killstreaks, and possibly lacking enough dmg/HP anyway on the Tesla Coil to make the idea work

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Nope, the Juggernaut's life only really make difference (for players) on Normal. End of story. And the challenge you have *7 HP. That's it.

What Challenge? In Randomania you have base health, and the jug has 100 more health than the next highest (merc).

Half the screen is WAY TO LITTLE on Hard and Insane where the AI tends to kill you offscreen, or from full screen distance.

Half the screen is the ai search radius for shotguns, not their range (long ranged ones like the judgement are much longer)

As for Randomania: I just did the challenge with a jug on Insane, it was way too easy, and yes, the extra health helps.

For Defection: Snipers are OP as hell, you can take out ANYTHING before it is even a threat to you, I just completed it on Insane and my only trouble was the mk14 sniper, but I still finished 5-3 (throwing knife spam the way back, build up overkill, get headshots when possible, wall hack is your best friend).

~~~Darth Caedus
twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

@Jacen96
You don't even able the check the most basic of the details (a certain challenge) therefor I doubt you at all played the game. Oh, you definitely have the quests on your account, but nothing proves you yourself used the account gaining the quests.

By the way the quest in question is Forum Defender.

-------

For the above reason I do not believe you did Randomania.
EVEN IF you did you should understand the majority of the players have the described problems mentioned above lacking korean-reflexes.

----------

For Defection:

I again doubt all your words. Until now you claimed the official solution as THE solution, which used the invisibility killstreak.
By the way: Sniper can not kill anything if there are:
- a group of enemy: they shoot back, n hard/insane they shoot back from full-screen distance/offscreen AND kill you with one hit from stupid magnum, smgs - practically anything what has higher range than a shotgun
- enemies from two direction: a version of "group of enemies", this time they arrive from left and right the same time. Weapon range of enemy is not an issue. During the reload-time you are DEAD.

Heck, for Defection it doesn't matter if you can kill anything in your way, as your own team won't let you grab luggages, then the enemy will simply avoid you.

------------
------------

I challenge you to make a vdu with the above setting, record even the game loading, so there'll be minimal chance you use hacks, and show your way. Maybe we, average players get some ideas.

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

I forgot: Yes, "half the screen" is the EFFECTIVE distance for shotguns. As player you'll NEVER be able to reliably use a shotgun from farther, only the AI will.

Also have to add, what you'd know if you'd have personally trained any character here to lvl50, that anything below 30" range in the game will not be able to shoot full screen distance. The bullets will dissipate sooner.

---------------

BUT there was something that seems Good Advice from your side, namely Throwing Knife Spam. No matter if it is needed, we rly r better spamming the knife on the way back just in case.

You know what helps more? What makes Sniper rly superior here? If you have a freakin' 180+ dmg intervention!
No other weapon will do.
Put Laser Sight on it too, and a good one.

Why? Because this'll make you oneshot JUGGERNAUTS.
With this kind of weapon you'll be able to shoot 2-3 group enemy stainding on the luggage, and reliably harvest your way towards it (at least true for Hard).

The problem is, gaining such weapon (only avaiable from Slot Machine) for me took like 5 MILLION bucks, what is a very high amount of cash.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

You don't even able the check the most basic of the details (a certain challenge) therefor I doubt you at all played the game. Oh, you definitely have the quests on your account, but nothing proves you yourself used the account gaining the quests.

By the way the quest in question is Forum Defender.

Randomania: All weapons are randomized

Forum Defender: Kill the hackers, *10 hp

For the above reason I do not believe you did Randomania.
EVEN IF you did you should understand the majority of the players have the described problems mentioned above lacking korean-reflexes.
I wish I had Korean skillz, being in SC2 bronze sucks

For Defection:

I again doubt all your words. Until now you claimed the official solution as THE solution, which used the invisibility killstreak.
By the way: Sniper can not kill anything if there are:
- a group of enemy: they shoot back, n hard/insane they shoot back from full-screen distance/offscreen AND kill you with one hit from stupid magnum, smgs - practically anything what has higher range than a shotgun
- enemies from two direction: a version of "group of enemies", this time they arrive from left and right the same time. Weapon range of enemy is not an issue. During the reload-time you are DEAD.

Heck, for Defection it doesn't matter if you can kill anything in your way, as your own team won't let you grab luggages, then the enemy will simply avoid you.

This is my strategy for Defection, it works 90% of the time (heavy amounts of enemy sniper rifles are a big pain in the ***)
1), Start of the game, head towards the center and build up overkill, so you can one shot everything, then head up top.
2) Stop at the hump on the path near the flag (the big one on the top path), and make sure you are fully loaded.
3) Drop down from the hump and begin firing, kill all the enemies (5 shots maximum, 2 shots left in my wep), and grab the flag
4) start heading back and if you need to, spam some throwing knives on your path (to eliminate any enemies in your way, one shot kill with overkill)
5) Rinse and repeat.

I challenge you to make a vdu with the above setting, record even the game loading, so there'll be minimal chance you use hacks, and show your way. Maybe we, average players get some ideas.
Defection and randomania on hard, shouldn't be hard, I think i may have uninstalled hypercam though.

I forgot: Yes, "half the screen" is the EFFECTIVE distance for shotguns. As player you'll NEVER be able to reliably use a shotgun from farther, only the AI will.

Also have to add, what you'd know if you'd have personally trained any character here to lvl50, that anything below 30" range in the game will not be able to shoot full screen distance. The bullets will dissipate sooner.
What I said is "half the screen is the search radius for ai shotguns, except for judgement), effective range is 75% of the screen, try a long barrel if you want more range.
And I'm pretty sure assault rifles like the xm8 have ~30 range, and they can shoot to the very edge of the screen with the HAMR equipped (the vision boosting one).

BUT there was something that seems Good Advice from your side, namely Throwing Knife Spam. No matter if it is needed, we rly r better spamming the knife on the way back just in case.

You know what helps more? What makes Sniper rly superior here? If you have a freakin' 180+ dmg intervention!
No other weapon will do.
Put Laser Sight on it too, and a good one.

Why? Because this'll make you oneshot JUGGERNAUTS.
With this kind of weapon you'll be able to shoot 2-3 group enemy stainding on the luggage, and reliably harvest your way towards it (at least true for Hard).

The problem is, gaining such weapon (only avaiable from Slot Machine) for me took like 5 MILLION bucks, what is a very high amount of cash.
DSR-1 is superior imo, because of the faster fire rate (overkill takes care of the missing damage).

I got a refined (I think, don't think its flawless) DSR1 with 2 extra rounds per magazine, its my second version of the weapon, its has a high enough fire rate to clear out all the enemies before I take much damage (the range keeps you out of sight), A regular version should fit in nicely.

~~~Darth Caedus
twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

Ok @Jacen96, let me enlighten you on all your mistakes:
- so you can't even access to your own account checking what weapon you supposedly use(d)
- you refuse to give any proof aside preaching
- you can't "build up" Overkill, as that only carries dmg to the NEXT damage, not to every hit in the future
- you can't run "to the center", as there are 4 platform-levels
- if you initially run eg. at the bottom with a less-then-180 dmg weapon, you'll be gangbanged by the arriving enemy after the first 2-3 luggage
- no matter what weapon you have, you can't kill a group of 5 in 2 seconds (respawning time. Remains ca. 1 second to make the remaining distance and gain some more to not be massacred)
- visual radius does not give weapon range. It gives visual radius. You see farther,but don't shoot farther.
- if you go with Wallhacking (as you said you do) you sacrifice Invisibility, what IS a reliable help, and the map being 4 semi-horizontal path, I still not see any useful function of Wallhacking
- I personally use Extrem Focus. That gives 30% bonus. I don't see how Overkill could compete with that.
- I again have to draw your attention to easy-to-check facts, that people DO have HUGH problem with Defection at least, and to somewhat lesser amount some other challenges, including Randomania. Just check the comments, the guide, the youtube video(s), or the quest-accomplishments numbers.

Over and out.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

This is how overkill works

Say you have a weapon, it does 150 damage, u shoot an enemy that has 100 health remaining, 50 extra damage built up.

Shoot another enemy, 250 damage (from a headshot/critical), 150 health on the enemy, 100 over kill built up

Rinse and repeat, get enough damage to one shot full health jugs with full armor using throwing knives.

- you can't run "to the center", as there are 4 platform-levels

Step one: Run along the bottom path to the center and kill 2-3 enemies to build up overkill.

- no matter what weapon you have, you can't kill a group of 5 in 2 seconds (respawning time. Remains ca. 1 second to make the remaining distance and gain some more to not be massacred)
Respawn time is closer to 5 seconds, there is a little bit of delay before the countdown starts.

- visual radius does not give weapon range. It gives visual radius. You see farther,but don't shoot farther.
Before I switched to sniper, I mained Engineer, a 30 range assault rifle CAN shoot to the edge of a level 50 HAMR vision radius (no further though)

- if you go with Wallhacking (as you said you do) you sacrifice Invisibility, what IS a reliable help, and the map being 4 semi-horizontal path, I still not see any useful function of Wallhacking

Learn to use the environment, you can hide behind cover or be a level or 2 higher, while still being able to kill anything on your screen.

- I personally use Extrem Focus. That gives 30% bonus. I don't see how Overkill could compete with that.

Extreme focus only works with individual enemies, and 99% of the time with built of overkill you will one shot your target, I actually would rather use it with an smg if I was going to use focus (give an extra boost at the beginning of the fight, but smgs on sniper suck compared to snipers)

- I again have to draw your attention to easy-to-check facts, that people DO have HUGH problem with Defection at least, and to somewhat lesser amount some other challenges, including Randomania. Just check the comments, the guide, the youtube video(s), or the quest-accomplishments numbers.
I'm pretty sure the entire Sky9 community would agree with my tips as effective, and Reton8 posted more or less the same tips on his SFH2 guide.

- you refuse to give any proof aside preaching

What proof you want?

In case you are interested, this is my current sniper setup (I recently replaced

~~~Darth Caedus
twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

@Jacen96
Your video is WORTHLESS.

99% of the players of the game DISAGREE with your preached method.
This is why:
- ok, assume you use Overkill. This'll happen: enemy has 100 HP, you shoot it 150. Considering the dmg of your weapon what is somewhat low you'll pray during building the damage you don't encounter a juggernaut, or a heavily armored mercenary, because THEY won't die from your initial damage.
- you may NEVER miss, as Overkill is always and only added to the next SHOT.
- the "you r not allowed to miss" statement includes using your knife. So you can't just "spam knife"
- with your weapon you'll almost surely not be able to build up dmg for overkill running at the start to the middle of the bottom, as that tactic with that weapon teached me by personal experience is not possible, as you'll be gangbanged.

What proof I want?
- show that u r playing on armorgames and not some hacked version.
- show all your equipment. Your rifle might be legit while the rest of your stuff not.
- show what abilities you use. Anyone can claim a setup while using another.
- do Defection with your supposed setup on Insane. You said that's easy, you said you solve it. SHOW IT. Not some crappy other map with other settings and such foolishness. Show the real thing!

Showing 316-330 of 432