ForumsNews and FeedbackSearch forums? Qoute posts? Edit posts?

8 7518
PadaV4
PadaV4
6 posts
Peasant

I can't find teh option to search teh forums? wth? If you cant get the forums right yourself may i direct you to vbulletin

• 8 Replies
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

User created forum search. (A new one is coming with the release of AGv3 hopefully.)

To quote text, copy whatever text you wish to quote, paste it in the box, select it, and hit the button that says "Quote" right above the box.

The edit post option is supposed to be implemented into AGv3 as well.

If you cant get the forums right yourself may i direct you to vbulletin

I don't believe the Administrators need help from you.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I don't believe the Administrators need help from you.

That's a bit harsh, he was just making a suggestion, and vbulletin does look like it has most if not all the features the users have been requesting.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

That's a bit harsh, he was just making a suggestion, and vbulletin does look like it has most if not all the features the users have been requesting.

I didn't intend for it to be harsh... I guess it just came out that way. Oops.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Maybe I just read it wrong. While they probably don't need help, I'm sure it's appreciated. Vbulletin seems like the easiest thing too if they are having trouble making their own, you just buy it, but I'm not sure how they'd go about putting it here.

Eleneora
Eleneora
3 posts
Nomad

Oh i just realized another missing feature.. Subscribe to threads...

Dont be so cheap, please spend the few dollars on a decent forum software and be done with it -.-

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Dont be so cheap, please spend the few dollars on a decent forum software and be done with it -.-

I don't think it has to do with money at all, more of will it work on the site. I don't know much about programming so I can't go further into it.

Cormyn (a former administrator/employee for AG) mentions here several times that the person who wrote the forum software didn't make it efficient (they no longer works for AG either) and that vbulletin wasn't compatible, but things could've changed since then. It's been two years since those posts.
Eleneora
Eleneora
3 posts
Nomad

I did read that thread and it seems that armorgames is using some other type of database instead of MySQL Database, on which vbulletin depends so it seems it realy isn't a valid choice. too bad... Oh and another missing thing - smilies...

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

The new forum is being wrote as we speak.

Just wait for AG3 to come and be happy with what we have at the moment.

Showing 1-8 of 8