ForumsThe TavernToo Far?

7 2212
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/01/17552848-toy-model-of-jabba-the-hutts-palace-resembles-a-mosque-group-says?lite

Read. Do you think this thing with people getting offended is going too far? I definetely think people shouldn't get so mad about this stuff...

• 7 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

The Lego model is built exactly after the original movie building of Jabba's palace. So if they wanna be mad, they gotta be mad after George Lucas or whoever designed them.

But even if they weren't; yes, it's going too far. I don't even see what would be so offending about that? It's not like it's satans palace or whatever...

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

But even if they weren't; yes, it's going too far. I don't even see what would be so offending about that? It's not like it's satans palace or whatever...

That's what I think... What could be so offensive about this anyway? What is it promoting? Nothing. So i don't see where they're going with all this religion and stuff.
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Yes, they are going too far with this, there is no doubt about that, but the date in which the article was published does raise a few questions....

This story was originally published on Mon Apr 1, 2013 10:44 AM EDT

Coincidence?
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

This is ridiculous and stupid. Lego shouldnt cave to it. Some people just complain about everything....

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Coincidence?

Heard it before already, it's now new. Can't be an April Fool's.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

now

*not
Darn you edit button for not being here.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I'm actually offended that Mosques look so much like Jabba's Palace

Showing 1-7 of 7