ForumsPopular MediaFavorite band of all time

47 23432
MrStealth
MrStealth
151 posts
Peasant

My favorite band is Metallica. Formed in 1981 in Los Angeles. Metallica is a trash-metal band

• 47 Replies
hersheykissxoxo
hersheykissxoxo
7 posts
Nomad

I used to like the Imagine Dragons -_-

unroyalprincess
unroyalprincess
59 posts
Nomad

One of my favorite bands is Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Not many my age know of them, anyone know of them.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

My favorite band at the moment is Icehouse. They're an Australian rock group from the 80s, but they weren't very big in the United States, so even people who are old enough to remember the 80s probably wouldn't remember this group too well.

"Cross the Border" is my favorite song by this group. I just love their style in general (no, it's not disco).

Not many my age know of them, anyone know of them.

People in this generation often don't have a clue who any of these classic groups are because they get caught up in current music fads, but those of us who do know who Tom Petty is can appreciate his music and what music was like 25-30 years ago.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

@Terry
Look up Midnight Oil. Same genre, same time period, same nationality.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I know Midnight Oil quite well, and they do have some great songs up their (long) sleeve. "Drums of Heaven" and "Dreamworld" are my favorites of theirs.

Have you ever seen Peter Garrett dance? It's one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Haha, if you think he's a funny dancer in a music video you should see him live. Both times I saw him he was the craziest guy at the concert. Though, I'm not too sure whether or not they still tour. I think Garret might be in the Australian parliament again but I'm not sure.

MrStealth
MrStealth
151 posts
Peasant

Green Day is really good

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I have to say that Lamb of God is my recent favorite band. Their guitar work, Randy's vocals, and the drums make a great sound, especially with the release of Resolution.

dav123
dav123
105 posts
Jester

Nice, I like Metallica too.

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

Abominable Putridity. Heaviest band ever.

SonOfVader
SonOfVader
110 posts
Blacksmith

It's a tough choice.
In terms of popular Western music, I'd have to go with Nirvana, though Led Zep, The Beatles, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Bob Marley & The Wailers and Pink Floyd are close contenders.
In general, though, I prefer solo artists.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I used to like the Imagine Dragons -_-

Watch out everyone..we have a hipster over here

but those of us who do know who Tom Petty is can appreciate his music and what music was like 25-30 years ago.

Dem vocals
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

i like to much different genres that i can't compare so i list some from different.

bloodhound gang

streetlight manifesto

richard cheese

the slackers

machine head

tiger lillies

the surfaris

gorillaz

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I mostly just like one or two songs out of a whole person's music, but here's a few people; The Beatles, Billy Joel, Alice Cooper, Simon and Garfunkel. And then the more modern people, Green Day, Imagine Dragons, Linkin Park, Die Atzen (I have no idea what they'er saying, but the way the words go with the music make the best freaking colors), and random vocaloids.

MrStealth
MrStealth
151 posts
Peasant

i like metallica then my others r rapers: R3jects, Tyga, 2 chainz,and lil Wayne

Showing 16-30 of 47