ForumsForum GamesArcana Academy

181 37632
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

The year is 2018 and through a tremendous accident, the world of magic was unveiled for the human race. Governments all around the world out of fear of their power, created separate housing and special schools that they are shipped to right after their 18th birthday to learn how to control their powers completely. It doesn't help that there is a small group of worldwide rebels who fight for freedom for all of the arcane. There is also a group of mages loyal to the governments and run the school and the towns thus granting them special privileges. The School is a enormous complex almost large enough to be called a city, it teaches every arcane novice from every part of the world. You are a child with the arcane gift and today is going to be your first day at your
new home for the next few years....

Character Info
Name:
Male or Female
Bio:
Description:

If you wish to be a teacher, ask and I may approve..
You can have two characters if you can handle it

My two:
Name: Headmaster Vladimir Stokonov
Male
Bio: Vladimir was taught magic from his mother in the bustling city of Moscow where his family kept low. He spent many years in the military and almost made it to general when the incident happened. Seeing his loyalty to his country and willingness to follow orders. He was a prime candidate for headmaster.
Description: He has black hair with several streaks of gray. Despite his age he is in good shape and stands at a hefty 6' 3" With brown eyes. A large scar goes from his right cheek down his neck. He is kind despite his rough exterior but strict like his military training. His students wear uniforms that reflect his military background.

Name: Desmond Smythe
Male
Bio: Desmond was born in the lower parts of his neighborhood and had ro fend fornhimself after his parents mysteriously died. He knew one day he would have to leave for the academy like all th others had to. He had a bad feeling about the entire idea. He worked where he could until his 18th birthday when soldiers came to his door and without warning, took him away.
Description: He is a loner by choice. He has arcane potenial as he parents told him once. He stands 6' 2" with blue eyes and has a muscular build from his physical training. He is a free and often rebellious spirit.

It can start as soon as the first person joins up and there are no late submissions

• 181 Replies
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Valentin[Void]: I walk up to the stonehenge without incident but I could feel the pyramid's energy. I step up to the altar at the center and place my hands on the surface. I couldn't peform the ritual here as I need others to help so I could do something with it. Using the stonehenge's power I focus the power of earth and rise a large Island in the middle of the pacific, far away from civilization. I then teleport my self and the stonehenge to the middle of the island and create a citadel surronding the stonehenge. It had all the structure of a normal castle. I add minerals and erode the stone into dirt. I carve a river through the island as well. I will this island 'Sanctum'.

Phantom Nicholas shakes his head "None of them should be dead but events change in each world. Keeper, would you mind fetching the rest?" The ghastly spirit appears to nod "Right away." It says "Good. We did make a few mistakes but none that really caused us to die except one, we let Alyssa die. That may have been our greatest and only mistake that turned deadly." Phantom Nicholas says then Phantom Alyssa sets up"Anyone of you that dies decreases your surviv rate and there's Void. He wants to heal himself using your help using the stonehenge but under ANY cirumstances do not help him with it. The ritual will overload his powers and he will explode in a supernova of pure magic." She says just as Phantom Chelsea "He is human although it is locked up. He wants to feel again, we all saw signs of it when he was with us." "One last thing, we are going to give you our knowledge of the magical arts we have learned from Void. Giving you all a head start. We will do this as soln as the rest of you arrive." A phantom Desmond says

Desmond[Pyro] & Alyssa[Spectre]: I rush to Alyssa's room and to my relief she is okay but a white portal opens and begins to suck both of us in. It had to be safer than here so I gladly let my self disappear into it

Chelsea[Rose]: I am worried about the others but the fact that there is versions of us in front of us is crazy. We all look so much younger than them "I hope the others get here safely" I say sincerely

Alexei: I shake my head at the first two "No, it's not me. By the way, I don't want to teach you anything. Killing is all about being creative." I say knowing that was half the experience. "I believe so, but you can't really kill them. You can only send them back to where ever they came from." I say and I look around feeling uneasy and there was no way I was letting Erdely get hurt "We have get out here quickly and soon or else the pyramid is going to kill us. We are foreign intruders." I says fast before facing a wall and take a deep breath before I take a running kick to it and break a Nice size hole to the outside and I take her arm without her consent and dash through it "It's taking the others but we are not from here so It wants to eliminate us." I say we leave the pyramid

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice [Pentagram] - I take three steps and then fall. A wild, uncontrolled swoop in seconds of panic. And then I land, and there are voices.
--
Erdely [Satana] - "All right." I follow Alexei.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

"The pyramid and all other magical areas are run by the mystical creatures that Void went to see as they respect and trust him for the most part. The shard I can say is somewhere safe but I am not completely sure where it is. You must know though that Vladimir is not the real threat, only a harbinger for the true evil that awaits. I am going to give you my knowledge of magic so that you may get a early leap with your training." He says as his hand passes through you and surges with energy and then fades "There, it will take time for you to adjust to the new information." he says (You can do any spell you can think of now within reason.)

"You are correct about Alyssa. The Japanese shard is a heirloom of her family and since they are all dead except for her, it will be a challenge for you to get it. I must advise that do not take a shard from anyone in your little group. It will cause a possible confrontation that will tear you all apart." Phantom Serpent advises "Allow me to give you what I know about the arcane arts." he says doing the same thing Phantom Tesla did to Nicholas

Desmond[Pyro]: I finally land in what seems like a paradise and see what looks like myself only older and a ghost "You're...me?" I ask a little confused "Yes and ah, here is Alyssa as well. I have something for you." Phantom Pyro says as he gives me his knowledge without warning and I can already feel a massive headache "Thanks I guess." I say sarcastically

Alyssa[Spectre]: I am still groggy from my rude awakening. I'm tired but can make up the shapes, it's us. My doppelganger approaches me "Hello Alyssa, I remember that pain. This won't help ease that but it will help you later." Phantom Spectre says before filling my head with a huge amount of knowledge about things I didn't even know you could do with magic.

Chelsea[Rose]: Phantom Rose pulls me aside "I know you don't feel you should be a part of their group but rest assured, they will need you. You know how to bring people up when they are down so long as you aren't down yourself. This will help you fight the evil that is to come" she consoles as she fill my head with all this knowledge, It will take a couple days for me to even understand it all.

Phantom Pentagram smiles "...And here's me. I hope you are alright Alice. Don't be started, I have much to tell you."

Alexei: Just as we clear the pyramid it contorts and vanishes "Good thing we got out." I say taking a deep breath and let go of Erdely and sit on the sand "Night, time always flies when your life is in peril." I say with a small laugh

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice [Pentagram] - Phantom me overloads my head with magic I can't wait t try out. My magic is still squashed by the arcanite, but the knowlede immediately hints at new combinations and experimentally I try a combination of three things that undoes it. I bet not even Void knows as much as I do now I thought and then wondered where he was.
---
Erdely [Satana] - "True, true. So now what?" I sat on the warm sand, soaking up the heat, still blistering through the cool of night. I drew the heat up into me ad reincarnated it as magic. I loved that skill, learned through pressure it Focul Iaduli.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Phantom Serpent sighs "That is good, but you must give Nicholas his shard back, there will be a time to unite then but it is not now. Your destiny has only begun to unravel. None of us before have made it pass the invasion. We all will be watching to see if you can do any different." He says strongly

"It is highly possible. The call of the shards can drive one mad and insane. Whenever you need guidance, speak to Void. He has trained us in all that we know but he did not teach us everything, that he told us directly. He said if we could defeat the invasion he would show us the secrets of magic and the dimensions but we came close but not close enough. Make no mistake, he will stick with you until that last of your group dies." Phantom Tesla says in remembrance

Desmond[Pyro]: I watch Phantom me return to the others, and they are talking about something but no words are spoken. I notice Alice arrived as well and it seems Lucien, Serpent, and Chelsea are talking with themselves in private. My head hurts worse than I ever could remember as I walk over to Alyssa who had just had the same thing done to here and she is kneeling on the ground, she must not be fully recovered "Come on, up on your feet." I say helping her up and she looks at me and the collar pops off in a spark of light "Void could have done that the entire time, why would he let that happen to me?" she asks confused and a little angry and I think "He must of had a good reason but you will have to ask him yourself." I say

Phantom Pentagram smiles at Alice "It feels good, doesn't it and that isn't everything yet. I know Void helped you with the arcanite poison. The first time that happened to the first Alice, Void made her suffer through it. The fifth time, he used magic to keep her alive but barely as she fought it off. That all changed with number 11, the worst defeat we had ever had and the real reason Void completely stopped being our friend. Speaking of him, how is he?" She says almost trying to disregard what she had said before that

Alyssa[Spectre]: Oh the things that are coursing through my mind, it is wonderful then my eyes widen as Desmond comes over. Using a precise bolt of magic, I pop my collar and realize Void made me suffer all of that "Void could have done that the entire time, why would he let that happen to me?" I say ticked that he didn't do that as soon as we met. I barely listen to Desmond's answer. I see both Phantom myself join the rest in their mind talk.

Chelsea[Rose]: It hurts but I am feel strong for once, like I am invincible "Wait, you had all this and still failed. Why?" I ask worriedly and Phantom Rose smiles and shakes her head "Four reasons. The Stonehenge, the amulet, rash action, and last but not least, rivalry." She says walking or floating away to the silent talk they were having. I will try to remember those things, but how did they cause them to fail? I try not to think about it as I walk to Desmond and Alyssa

Alexei: I shrugs with a smile "We move. Either find them or let them find us and kill whatever stands to defy us but for now..." I say laying back on the sand looking up into the sky "I want to relax. Something I need to do more of. I can still hear them, you know. The voices creeping in my head and I can't understand them but I know what they want from me." I sigh lightly but then smile once again "They can have my corpse but not my mind. We are both dangerous killers Erdely. One day I be free from my demons one way or another." I say closing my eyes almost all the way

Valentin[Void]: I know where they are, it had been long now. It saves me the time of training them so I am okay with it. They are still young, I always hate putting them against the spawn. We need to stop them and nothing will stop us. I won't allow the past to repeat itself like it has so many times already. I channel the world's magical aura. Then next portal or rift they go through should bring them here to this new island of hope.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice [Pentagram]- "Wish I knew." In my head, however, I'm pondering phantom me's words. Stopped being our friend? Hmm... "Okay, and I want out." This land of darkness disturbed me, and we needed to go back and attack Vladmir again. I wanted to go home, but they were following me and I didn't want to put Alfred in danger.
----
Erdely [Satana] - I shrug again. "Fine by me. You can relax, I'll be right back." I walked away from him until the curve of a dune hid him from sight. I dug a hole, powdery sand sliding back, and then pulsed, my fist in the hole. Geaman had told me to scatter the pieces through the main dimensions, and I had listened to him. I wanted it back. I wannted to be a destroyer again.
And the crescent of copper-color shimmer was back, and I had it in my hand as it diffused through my skin, and the resulting surge is purifying. The constant ripping of sound at the edge of my mind is eased, and I am one ninth of myself agian.
And then I go sit next to Alexei and burrow into the sand to sleep, letting the intense heat lull me gently away.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Phantom Serpent watches Lucien give Nicholas and nods with approval before joining the other's ghostly talk. Phantom Tesla sighs softly "Lucien, that is all the fault of a being that call himself Alexei. He is the one who corrupted Vladimir, turning him into a harbinger. There is no Ivaya, it is a trick created by Alexei. He almost corrupted Void as well but Void managed to break free and send Alexei back but from what I can tell he is back, and in your world." he says just as a silver vortex appears "I hope we never have to see each other again." Phantom Tesla says before joining the rest and then they disappear. The vortex portal sucks in everyone taking them to Void's island.

Desmond[Pyro]: That must be the way back so I let it take me as I watch the Phantom us vanish. That isn't going to be our fate, telling the next us what we need to do and blah blah blah. My eyes have to adjust as I exit the portal on a Island I have never seen before "Guys, this is quite the place to turn up at." I say knowing this couldn't be any coincidence.

Alyssa[Spectre]: I exit the portal into a odd island. The castle formation radiates with magical energy. That must be Void and whatever he has inside. I look around for any more of us to come through.

Chelsea[Rose]: I'm glad as the portal opens and I go through it that I am leaving that place, it didn't feel right for us to be there but it was a good experience. I will have to remember what Phantom me said although I don't feel like I'm a important part of the group. I can heal well but that's about it. I'm not good under pressure. My eyes open wide as I see the island scenery.

Valentin[Void]: I can sense them returning to this world once again. I walk down from the highest tower on my castle to meet them. We will slowly make this the safest place in the world. We need technology as well, not just magic but that can wait. I leave the castle to see everyone but Alexei and Erdely are present. That is somewhat troubling.

Alexei: I was not limited to normal sight and I could feel the momentary disruption in the aura field. I watch her a little carefully as she walks back over and rests in the sand. I don't sleep so I figure I will stand guard for the night. I lift the sand into a rough seat and instantly cook it into a strong glass for me to sit. I flick my wrist and a magic fire erupts between me and Erdely to keep the warmth, desert temperature drop during the night. Once it hits morning we will find the others but for now I just watched her sleep as I stood guard. I am reminded once again of Void. I barely forgive myself for what I did to him all those years ago. Vladimir is the true victim of all this. I made him into a monster that I can't stop.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice [Pentagram] - I turn around and there's Tesla, asking about the shards. Shards? Did he mean like what Unai'd hidden? I walked towards him and pulled it out. It's a chain, with a place to hang something. Maybe this is sort of a fifth shard, then. Unai'd been tangled in it when I first found him, and anything not of the corporeal dimensions were above my level of comprehension. It tingled with power, though, so I held it out to them. "Is this something?"
---
Erdely [Satana] -I had a dream. There was a kite dancing in a strong, hot wind against a burgundy sky, and as I watched, the kite was incinerated. Then the dream fell away and I was sleeping dreamless.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Alyssa[Spectre]: I grab my shard that I had made a necklace out of. Why did he want to know about my shard? It was mine "Yes, I have the Japanese shard." I say after he asks. I was not going to give it up however.

Chelsea[Rose]: I had always wondered what the thing I found in that temple was "I have the Greek shard I guess." I say smiling. I held something important and perhaps powerful. We were also here on a island that I have never seen before.

Desmond[Pyro]: I didn't have a shard, I did however contain a book that contain infinite amount of knowledge but it never seemed to display on its old pages what you wanted. I wanted to have a real mission, strike a blow against Vladimir.

Valentin[Void]: I walk up to the group "Welcome to Sanctum, the island of freedom." I say as I reach them "What are you discussing, hmm? Also, I hope none of you were harmed going to the spirit realm." I say

Alexei: I watch the sun gradually rise and I shake Erdely on the arm "Wake up, it's time to move." I say loud enough to wake her. I wanted a little fun and who said we couldn't take a little detour on the way to Void's new island. I once put fear into the eyes of these people but now I shall give them hope

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Jeez, these things apparently die when I'm not around. Glad to be loved. Though I'm kind of losing the plot here. Maybe it should die. Iono.
---
Alice [Pentagram]- I was confused. Lucian was there, and then he wasn't. And maybe it would happen to me, too. I clutched tighter at the sand and hoped something wouldn't happen to me, too.

Erdely [Satana]- I stretched and combed the sand from my hair. "So now what are we doing?"

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

(I had important things to do so I haven't had time for a idea. But Blk know that that Void was talking to you and he rest before and you are all on his newly created island so maybe you could adjust or change your post)

killagames
killagames
137 posts
Nomad

(Well, this is exciting as I love Harry Potter.)

Name: Reaper (Real Name Unknown)
Male or Female: Male
Bio: Both of his parents had taught him just a fraction of what he knows about dark magic. After they died when he was 12 he taught himself the rest. He even created a couple of his own spells. Both his parents died of unknown causes.
Description: He is 5 feet 11 inches and has dark black hair. He wares a mask all the time with The All Seeing Eye on the forehead and a demons smile painted on it as well.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

(It's good to get new players in but just make sure you read the some of the story so far so you are lost. Post a introduction and remember, there is no wands or brooms in this RP, but if you want something like that I can think somthing up.)

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Valentin[Void]: My eyes go wide as I see Lucien. The Stonehenge when used sometimes creates a metal-like substance even more powerful than Arcanite "Everyone step away. Lucien, you need to learn to tell me before you touch things you don't understand." I mutter as I kneel down in front of him "He is experiencing the same thing I go through everyday, but luckily his is not a powerful yet. I need to go inside his mind and help him eliminate his problem." I say studying Lucien "There is a large citadel I have created not far from here, please go there and get settled as I deal with this then we shall make our first act against Vladimir." I say as my eyes go black and I become stiff as a statue, my muscles tensing up. I enter his mind and already they are fighting and it seems Lucien, the good one, is winning.

Chelsea[Rose]: I watch as Void goes into a very scary state, and I look towards everyone else "Shall we go to this citadel? I'm sure Void has..whatever is going on with Lucien under control." I say un-sure but hopeful. I hum a tune that went to the lullaby my mother used to sing to me and it calmed me down. It was all I could do to not think about what was happening to Lucien. I didn't want anything to hurt him.

Desmond[Pyro]: I look at Void in that odd stance and I am a little worried " What is that thing that Lucien dug up? That's what must have done this to him" I say looking at the odd piece of metal but whatever it was couldn't be good.

Alyssa[Spectre]: I hear words coming from the others but I am not listening. This place has a undeniable strong magic aura and it was so intense It was almost suffocating for me. I began walking towards this 'Citadel' of Void's because I could trace the source of power to it.

Alexei: I smile while cracking my knuckles "If you are up for it, I am sure there is a base not too far from here with hundreds of Vladimir's agents and I thought we should pay them a visit on their way to the afterlife." I say and I take a deep breath "If you can sense them too, lock onto their position and teleport there but be prepared to fight with everything you got." I say excited as I vanish.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

@Mordex- Okay, okay, understood, I was just saying, because it seemed this was dying again.

Alice [Pentagram] - Tesla blacked out after climbing a hill, and Lucian was still wrestling with himself in his head. Void was kneeled next to him in apparently the same sort of state. A bit torn, I hesitated before climbing the hill after him. There was the city, all gleaming and silver. I looked down at Tesla - 'go on without me' - and back at the city. Heck no, I wasn't going to go without someone. I looked at Chelsea and Alyssa an the rest of them. "Help me carry him?"
--
Erdely [Satana] - I grinned. Nothing started off a morning better than killing a groaza of people. "I'm fine with that," I said to Alexei before he went, and I followed.

Showing 166-180 of 181