ForumsForum GamesArcana Academy

181 37722
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

The year is 2018 and through a tremendous accident, the world of magic was unveiled for the human race. Governments all around the world out of fear of their power, created separate housing and special schools that they are shipped to right after their 18th birthday to learn how to control their powers completely. It doesn't help that there is a small group of worldwide rebels who fight for freedom for all of the arcane. There is also a group of mages loyal to the governments and run the school and the towns thus granting them special privileges. The School is a enormous complex almost large enough to be called a city, it teaches every arcane novice from every part of the world. You are a child with the arcane gift and today is going to be your first day at your
new home for the next few years....

Character Info
Name:
Male or Female
Bio:
Description:

If you wish to be a teacher, ask and I may approve..
You can have two characters if you can handle it

My two:
Name: Headmaster Vladimir Stokonov
Male
Bio: Vladimir was taught magic from his mother in the bustling city of Moscow where his family kept low. He spent many years in the military and almost made it to general when the incident happened. Seeing his loyalty to his country and willingness to follow orders. He was a prime candidate for headmaster.
Description: He has black hair with several streaks of gray. Despite his age he is in good shape and stands at a hefty 6' 3" With brown eyes. A large scar goes from his right cheek down his neck. He is kind despite his rough exterior but strict like his military training. His students wear uniforms that reflect his military background.

Name: Desmond Smythe
Male
Bio: Desmond was born in the lower parts of his neighborhood and had ro fend fornhimself after his parents mysteriously died. He knew one day he would have to leave for the academy like all th others had to. He had a bad feeling about the entire idea. He worked where he could until his 18th birthday when soldiers came to his door and without warning, took him away.
Description: He is a loner by choice. He has arcane potenial as he parents told him once. He stands 6' 2" with blue eyes and has a muscular build from his physical training. He is a free and often rebellious spirit.

It can start as soon as the first person joins up and there are no late submissions

• 181 Replies
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Once they make me get off the bus, they stick an armband around-you guessed it- my arm. It itches, and Flying Mint Bunny pries at it with his little paws. Then Uni comes over and sticks his horn under it, and the annoying pressure that'd clamped down around my temples ceases. Now it's just a useless lump of metal. No need for them to know that, though. I paste a sullen look on my face and shoot a glance to the gangly youth staring back at the retreating bus as if he'd like to run after it.
The girl with the troll is hauled away, a metal collar around her neck. I can tell Tink is worried about her from the way she flits around in the air, and I send Tink after her. I'd like to know who this girl is, and why she's here.
Also, I think as the doors swing open, it can't hurt to have an ally in this place.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Desmond looks up at the podium and sees door open "Look, it seems the big man is going to give a speech." He says to all of them. He knew these things were oppression in a band. The girl got a collar and that couldn't be good.

Vladimir opened the doors to his stage and his assistants left him as he took the stand. He looked over the new students with a soulless look in his face. He cleared his throat "Welcome to Nexus Academy first off. I am your headmaster and superior, Vladimir. Here we have strict rules and conduct harsh punishment to those who disobey." He says firmly as guards take the girl on stage next to him, she seemed scared out of her mind "This here is a special case. She murdered several guards and instead of killing her, she's going to get a lesson." He says coldly as the girl begins to grab the collar, clawing at it and falling to the floor, it was obvious it was causing her severe pain. She then Suddenly stopped almost immediately and just laid there stiff curled up. Vladimir pointed at her, seeming angry "This is what defiance gets you. She thought she was tough and look where it got her, begging for mercy. One last thing, if you failed to learn what is on your schedule within the given time.." A guard is pulling along a student who seems old enough to be out of here and slams him on the ground "You will be given three warnings, and if fail a fourth time..." His hand glows vibrantly as he slams his hand on the poor man and you could bones crack "You get terminated." He says as he walks away. They leave the girl on stage while they direct everyone into a building to receive dorm placement and uniforms.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Tink flits nervously about the girl's face, which is relaxed in unconsciousness. I want to go over, try and heal her, but I'm not sure what the armbands do. Heck, it could be reading my thoughts for all I know.
The girl's troll is angry, incredibly, and she must've taught it well to keep it from charging through the courtyard, slaying left and right. I tip it a nod, and it glares at me with narrowed eyes.
The guards close in on us, and I reluctantly pick up my bags and head for the doors with the other new inmates.
As I go through, Vladmir pulls me aside and I freeze, my heart hammering. What is it? What's he going to say?
"You've disabled it already, haven't you?" He says dangerously.
I try for innocence. "Disabled what?"
"The MBV-band. On your arm." As I start to stammar out an apology, he laughs. "Oh, no, it's fine. Everyone disables them eventually. But since you've done it so fast, I'm placing you in the advanced group. Good luck."
He smiles humorlessly and walks away, and one of the soldier-guard people pokes me in the back with his gun.
I'm shaking under my skin. The Russian excluded an aura of silent menace. If we ever ran, struck out, rocked the boat, we would be terminated.
Permanently.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

oh come on people, I liked this thread. why do the threads I like a lot always die? *sighs*

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Rick looked at his surroundings with more confusion than horror. What a bummer that guy is, he thought to himself. These dudes really need to chill out, and get some new threads while they're at it.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

The room I end up in is small, with dingy walls and a small window. There's burn marks on the floor, and a big dent on the wall under the window.
Looks like someone got a little crazy in this room.
There's a bed, too, and a naked bulb hanging over the flat, uncomfortable looking piece of furniture. I set my bags down on the hard floor and sigh.
Home sweet home.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Vladimir walked back to his building of power in the city, the Nexus conduit. He harnesses his power there to give him extreme control of arcana, the magical essence. He thought about the new students, he sensed a few that were unusual but that usually vanishes within the first year completely. The gave out dorm sections and room numbers to all the students, every student has one day of freedom before school begins (Everyone here is in the same dorm section). They always put people in dorm sections who shared the same bus over. The girl who had something special about her walked through the dorm hall, alone for the first time, but no one spoke to her.

Desmond followed behind this girl, apparently his room-mate was nicholas and rick, the interesting ones from the bus he thought. He couldn't entirely grasped this was happening. He knew his history and it is true it repeats itself. It seemed no where was a safe haven for anyone but the Order of Arcanis rebel group.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice Kirkland: I throw my bags in the corner and finally get my hands on some food for Mint Bunny, who's been quietly perched on my shoulder, nibbling my ear. The food is magic, and if that Vladmir man had caught it, I would be 'terminated'.
I smiled while Mint Bunny grazed the pale blue strands of kind-of-grass, and then set about sticking up picture frames on the wall as if this were any old school instead of the Academy.
And then I flop down on the bed-cot thing and stare at the ceiling.
There's writing there.
I sat up and squinted at it, but then a knock at the door startled me. I sprang to my feet and opened the door. There was the girl with the troll, awake now, surrounded by guards with stone faces. Tink flew towards me, chattering excitedly, and the guards shoved the troll-girl towards me and said, "She's your roommate."

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

(remeber stormwalker, you only have control of what your character does not other's)
Name: Alyssa Connors
Female
Bio:She doesn't like to talk about her past at all, that will have to be uncovered
Descripton: A modest height of 5'8", she is thin but toned with long blonde hair that goes a little off her shoulders with deep green eyes. She is beautiful but has a scar hidden where neck transitions into the head

She nods hello to you and proceeds into the room, sets her things down and sits on the lowest bed on the bunk, she still seems traumatized. Her troll guardian staying out of the room on watch. It was only a matter of time before they find their pets, using their **** anti-magic weapons and tools. That's how and why no one escapes here. One shot from a special round of ammunition and your powers go nova and kill yourself. She wasn't affected by this or any of it. That made her special, she could change the world that is if she lives.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

(Sorry, i was typing before as you posted)
They were allowed to bring items as long as it wasn't magical so he brought a few personal items. Desmond walks up to Nicholas as he sees him "Hey, it looks like we're roommates in this hell hole. I hope we can trust each other." He says forwardly, that was important to him. This entire place felt wrong "We're going to need to stick together to survive this." He says somewhat friendly.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice Kirkland: "Hi," I said warily, after a prolonged awkward silence. Tink flew up and whispered in my ear.
Her name was Alyssa, Tink told me, and she was from Ireland.
Ireland. Fah. Trying to break away from Britain.
Though I didn't like Ireland much in general, this girl seemed like a good ally.
She didn't say anything to me, though, and I sighed and stood on the cot to peer at the words on the ceiling.
Don't forget me. Iva ya, Vladmir's daughter. Behind the blackboard in the assembly hall. Look there and find me.
The words disappeared as I watched. A ghost, or a phantasm conjured just for me?
I glanced at Alyssa, who was staring up at the faded writing as well, green eyes sparkling. This seemed new to her as well.
"So..." I exhaled. "Want to go find out what's behind the blackboard?"
She smiled.
--
@Mordex- Allowed to do small things like that or no?

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Rick unpacked his large duffle bag, carefully removing the last remaining cassette player in the known universe. Obviously, Rick was under the impression everyone had one, so he didn't think the device was anything out of the ordinary. He just slapped his headphones on, popped in his all-Bee Gees mixtape and wandered over to the other side of the room where his two new roommates were conversing.

"Hey, what are you guys talking about?" Rick asked the two of them. "Never mind," he continued cluelessly before they could answer. "Let's go find that hot blonde chick."

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Desmond nods as he thinks "Our rooms are mostly likely bugged but we have our 'Free' day tomorrow so we could find somewhere we're hidden from sight." He says thoughtfully as he turns to rick slightly laughing "I think she is in that Alice's room." He said as he turned towards nicholas again "There has to be a reason why that girl appeared to threaten them." He says softly

@Stormwalker: No, you can only say your own character actions against some important character
Example: I ran down the hall with several dogs right behind me. One lunged for me but i used my dagger to slash it away (As long as it's not Alyssa, Desmond, Vladimir, the other players, or any npc i decide to make as characters)

Alyssa pulled on her collar a little with a saddened face, it was magical suppresor and conduit. She felt the magic drain from her on that stage and it was a terrible pain. The collar was so thick and tight around her neck it was like a torturing neck brace. She looked up at the other girl in her room again, she had to trust her for right now "You...don't..tell." She says stepping weakly over to alice and placed her hand over wrist and sent a surge of energy into her and she stepped back with a small smile "There, your magic is uninhibited." She says seeming a little stronger "Is it ok if i drained a little magic off you? It will come back but I needed a little to recharge. I had none left in me after..." She looks down

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

@Mordex- Okay. But I already had my magic uninhibited... (:

I shrugged. "Sure. Not like I'll be using it much today anyway." Don't get terminated, Alice.
While Alyssa skimmed a bit of my magic away, I peered at the spot on the ceiling, and then at a map on the wall showing dorms and other places. The assembly hall was a huge room, and I said as much.
Feeling a bit drained as Alyssa finished, I turned and said, "We should go find the others, I guess." Without waiting for a response, I turned and headed for the door, edging past the troll, Mint Bunny sitting on my head.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

@Stormwalker: The armband doesn't prevent you from using your powers, large conduits do. The armband are mainly for torture and other purposes. What she gave you is the ability to resist any type of anit-acrane weapon that the government uses. This will be explain later

Alyssa stared at the map and memorized it easily with her photographic memory then hurried off following Alice, barely making any sound as she walked. Everyone has a special magical trait about that makes them unique like hers was that she could essentialy turn herself invisible but she hadn't masters it yet and she could do anything other than herself. She walked behind Alice, being oddly quiet. She wondered if she could trust these others with the resistance that she was born with. When she was young, the rebels tried to kidnap her because she could fight the machines but like many of their operations, they failed. She looked at Alice "What do you think of them?" She asked suddenly meaning Desmond, Rick, and Nicholas.

Showing 31-45 of 181