ForumsForum GamesArcana Academy

181 37689
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

The year is 2018 and through a tremendous accident, the world of magic was unveiled for the human race. Governments all around the world out of fear of their power, created separate housing and special schools that they are shipped to right after their 18th birthday to learn how to control their powers completely. It doesn't help that there is a small group of worldwide rebels who fight for freedom for all of the arcane. There is also a group of mages loyal to the governments and run the school and the towns thus granting them special privileges. The School is a enormous complex almost large enough to be called a city, it teaches every arcane novice from every part of the world. You are a child with the arcane gift and today is going to be your first day at your
new home for the next few years....

Character Info
Name:
Male or Female
Bio:
Description:

If you wish to be a teacher, ask and I may approve..
You can have two characters if you can handle it

My two:
Name: Headmaster Vladimir Stokonov
Male
Bio: Vladimir was taught magic from his mother in the bustling city of Moscow where his family kept low. He spent many years in the military and almost made it to general when the incident happened. Seeing his loyalty to his country and willingness to follow orders. He was a prime candidate for headmaster.
Description: He has black hair with several streaks of gray. Despite his age he is in good shape and stands at a hefty 6' 3" With brown eyes. A large scar goes from his right cheek down his neck. He is kind despite his rough exterior but strict like his military training. His students wear uniforms that reflect his military background.

Name: Desmond Smythe
Male
Bio: Desmond was born in the lower parts of his neighborhood and had ro fend fornhimself after his parents mysteriously died. He knew one day he would have to leave for the academy like all th others had to. He had a bad feeling about the entire idea. He worked where he could until his 18th birthday when soldiers came to his door and without warning, took him away.
Description: He is a loner by choice. He has arcane potenial as he parents told him once. He stands 6' 2" with blue eyes and has a muscular build from his physical training. He is a free and often rebellious spirit.

It can start as soon as the first person joins up and there are no late submissions

• 181 Replies
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Void: I smile under my mask "I can teach you everything you can and want to learn." I say pridefully "You won't find a better teacher. I've mastered every arcane art."I mention then look at my right hand "My reason..No one ever lives through this Academy and those bracelets will drain your magic until you're on a death bed." I say putting my hand back down "I can't do this by myself or I would've before. Vladimir has a conduit of magic that drains the students through the bracelets...." I say before spotting Alyssa's collar and memories flash back and I say nothing for a bit before coming back to my senses "He has..thousands of students raw power. I am the only one ever to escape." I say coldly. I then give a look at Erdely indicating her to not do that.
Alyssa[Spectre]: I sit down on the steps to the basement and notice Erdely. It does not bother me at all but it does sicken me. Of all people, Void choose Erdely to follow him around. I then notice he is staring at me for little blankly and It sort of scares me. His gaze was at my collar.
Desmond[Pyro]: I shake my head a little as she carves her name into the chair. Did we really have to deal with her? I guess I better deal with it but it also fascinated me. How could someone be so insane? I barely hear what Void says.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice [Pentagram] - *still watching conversation* And of course the new one has blood on her face. How fitting. This is creepy.
----
Erdely [Satan]: Catching a disapproving look from Void, I frown. This is so boring. Sighing dramatically, I slumped into a chair and tuned out the lecture, licking pieces of brain from my back teeth and tilting my hat forwards. Everything Void was saying I already knew.
--
Yep, I can definitely say Erdely is creepy.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

(Of course)
Void: I nod at Erdely "Go with them but don't hurt them, play if you must but no damage." I warn before disappearing. It was good to see her again but it's best if she think I were dead. I had to dispose of the bodies before they were missed. It would bee too suspicous if the guards were missing and Erdely gone from her cell so I knelt by each guard and using rejuvenation magic, I healed them until it was if nothing ever happened and they wouldn't remeber anything. It drained me greatly however as I took Erdely's place in the cell, transforming into a almost exact replica save my eyes which were darker than hers. I slipped the jacket back on using telekinesis and sat down, taking a trip back 6 years ago
Desmond[Pyro]: I follow Nicholas back to our dorm where I get on my bed after putting on a white shirt and sweatpants and lay down, staring up at the ceiling for a bit "Not even our first day and we're staging a mutiny." I say with a smile then laugh
Alyssa:[Spectre]: I walk back with them but making sure the seal is secure and stable then head to my dorm where I sit down on my bed and twirl between my fingers fire, then water, then earth, and finally a pocket of pure air. I was anxious to get started but scared at what I am wearing, maybe I can get Void to tell me what make it special. I couldn't against my best ability disable it, it was made of something different than the bracelets

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice [Pentagram] - Tired, I wandered back to room, nearly asleep on my feet. There's a few lumps and stains in some of the hallways, but I'm too tired to care. With Unai supporting me on one side and Hook on the other, I flop into bed and expect to be asleep in seconds, but instead, my mind races in circles. What would the next day bring? I'm aware of Alyssa flipping elements through her fingers on the bed opposite, and briefly I want to leap up and throw my chalk across the room in a great sweeping arc, a few lines and runes to a pentagram, my namesake, and summon anything. Or, possibly, nothing at all, and have a beast from the nothing eat me. Just my luck.
Black sky is lightening when I finally fall asleep.
----
Erdely [Satan]: I followed them back to the dorm rooms. When I get there, though, there's no room for me anyway. I wonder what Void's doing as a replica of me, and think I probably should've gone back to the strait-jacket room instead of him, because what am I going to do all day?
The answer hits me instantly. Mess with their minds, of course. With one of the few spells I remember TatÄ teaching me as well as combining a bit of knowledge gained from Void, I effectively made myself a ghost.
Now to walk through the walls and generally make mischief. I smiled and wafted down to the kitchens, where several timid-looking people screech as I come through the walls. I want so much to kill them, that silly-looking one right there with plaits of red hair, slice my fingers through her jugular until warm blood frothed out and stained those uniforms in a wide scarlet bib, but no. The pseudo-threat from Void -what kind of death is a quick one?- still hung in the air, and I still have oh so far to go in my violent education.
Today is a good day.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Void: I sit and meditate in the middle of the room. I know what Erdely is doing and I approve for the most part. The mischief she does will prepare them for the worst I hope because I've killed people sicker than her but not by much. I barely remember my real name anymore since I choose my life's path. I am powerful but If I train these adepts right, they will be far more powerful than I. As for my 'apprentice', I will give her a gift she may not want when the time comes.

Alyssa[Spectre]: I wake up on the ground with the sheets telling me I rolled off. The nightmares keep running through my mind and I tried to fight them but always lost. Today is our free day supposedly and since it's early, I can do security checks on our little hideout mainly because I need to and today I feel like being alone

Desmond[Pyro]: I wake up to Tesla's alarm and stretch my arms out a little. I question why the would let us have a free day, it seems almost humane to do it and these people were obviously not. My instincts were telling me they had something planned for today and it wasn't good for our health.

Vladimir: I get into the board meeting noticing all of my heads of staff and teachers sitting down and smile "Where are we at with this year's selection? Have they arrived yet?" I ask demandingly and my head guard nods "They are here sir. The hunt will begin as planned and I think today will be a especially good session." He says proudly and I sit down "We shall see. Every year not one succeeds except for him." I say with hatred even referencing that ******* of a child. Every year I have a elite battalion hunt down the students to determine who is willing to anything to survive and those who are weak. None of them are killed but there will be broken bones. We decide then by who lasted the longest to separate the students. However, one boy did last the entire period it went on. He showed us he could use power unrestricted by our jammers. I should of killed him right then.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

What annoys me is when I type a block of writing and then the page refreshes. Gah.
---
Alice: I wake up just long enough to hear Alyssa report, "Today's a free day." Still unbelievably tired, I instructed Unai to wake me up at noon and curl back up. When I woke up again, I'd hopefully be more alert. And then I could find 'Ivara, Vladmir's daughter.'
---
Erdely: After disturbing a few more people and injuring one 'accidentally', I found Vladdy the Mad-Master in a room filling up with staff. I eavesdrop. "...Where are we at with this year's selection? Have they arrived yet?" A short, pompous looking man replies with "They are here sir. The hunt will begin as planned and I think today will be a especially good session." Oh, a hunt? Interesting...
Loosing interest quickly, I float through the walls again. During my explorations through the walls in the early morning, I'd found several closed-off rooms and wings. This school was once much bigger, apparently. Just before I'd come here, I'd found a small room with a girl in it, concealed behind a supposedly secret door in a blackboard. The girl was tall, with short ash-blond hair and a pink scarf.
And she was bleeding profusely, and unconscious.
The sights of the blood triggered me, and I laughed wildly. Ah, blood, how I've missed you this morning. It tasted strongly of rust and mold. Not very good blood.
Curious, I danced around her, tugging at the chains binding her, and then gave one a sharp yank. It ripped a current through me, but it seemed to hurt her more. She spasmed and lay still again, but the blood was tinged darker.
And then I was bored again, and went sailing off, leaving blood drops stuck in the walls.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

For Lucien(You were on a different bus): Your roommate, Chelsea Devanni, smacked you with a pillow playfully to wake you up "Come on Sleepy head, Today we can do whatever we want and do you want to sleep it away?" she asked excitedly. The school doesn't usually allow opposite genders to room together but there wasn't enough space for Chelsea so they made a rare exception. She was always happy it seemed and tried to see the best of the world. She hopped down from the top bunk and landed cleanly on her feat as she went into the room's shower to clean off.
Void: I transform back into my normal self sensing the guards were gone. I had teach them a few things before the Inquisitors came. They are insanely devoted to anything harmful to magic users. I phase through the door easily as if it were open and the jacket fell off as I transformed. I focused and teleported outside of Tesla's dorm, knowing he was the leader of his group. I could not help them with this, it would allow me to see their abilities first-hand. I nod as he leaves his dorm and stand up from leaning on the opposite wall "Tesla, I have your first lesson ready and believe me, you are going to need it." I say mysteriously. Even with magic, the Inquistors were not to be underestimated, they are test subjects of genetic alteration and were very fast, durable, and strong.

Alyssa[Spectre]:I laugh a little seeing Alice wanting to sleep in more. I couldn't sleep another hour if I tried so I got dressed in the uniform. A navy vest with the seal of the Academy, a white polo, and a navy skirt that was a little above the knees. It looked like I was in catholic school but it was better than a jumpsuit I suppose. I walked out of my dorm in search of the others

Desmond[Pyro]: "Good luck with that." I say giving a quick wave. I look at the boy's standard uniform, Just slacks, a long-sleeve white button shirt. I walk out of the dorm and begin my search for new recruits. I listen in on conversations to see if there any potential rebels.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

For Lucien: Chelsea got dresses quickly keeping her long brown hair straight. She rushes after Lucien with a smile "I guess I'll joing in on your tour, You might need the company." She says in her calm, happy voice. She walks beside you. It was almost like she didn't know the position they were in. She occasionly looks over at you with her blue eyes but not more than a second.

Desmond[Pyro]: I nod and proceed to Alyssa's and Alice's dorm. I knock on their door once I get there and when the door opens I say "Two dollars and thirty cents altitude meter." I quickly say before leaving quickly on my way through the school. I was going to do some exploring before recruiting.

Alyssa[Spectre]: I say "Okay." As Desmond left. I guess I will let Alice Sleep then when she wakes I will tell her. For the mean time I begin practicing my arcanic writing on the wall and the door. It fades away so you can't notice it.

Void: The spell reads "Teleportation(Blink): You can teleport if you follow these directions. You can teleport or blink to any location you have been or see. This power is developed and takes intense practice to master but at first you could only go a few meters. To blink simply Imagine the location in you mind or the direction and focus on it and wish to be there while saying the words 'Mro Vas'. This is one of the rare magics that requires speaking. The larger the distance the more conectration and time is needed." It ends there. I needed to find Erdely, luckily her energy was unmistakable and I teleported next to her "Erdely, today is interesting day. There are people coming to hurt us my apprentice. Avoid the more gory things but don't make it less painful." I instruct her. "This is the day I made my debut, so let's make this a show." I say almost with a evil laugh but I take a seat on the hard ground as I take off my high-tech gas mask for the first time then lowering my black hood. My skin is pale but there is still some color in then them, the cause of wearing my suit almost all the time. I have blonde hair like that almost from a anime or sometthing, it barely cover the tops of my eyes which a deep, bright blue. I am only 24 years old and i look it except for the scar that runs across my right cheek, it's not long or deep but distinct "I have taken that mask off in four years, Magic fed me, people's essence. It's been so long Since I saw things with my own eyes and smelled the air. You are the only one who knows my face now, a insane killer just as I once was. One day you could be just like me with all my power but that will come. I am telling you this because you were, maybe are, like me and I needed to talk. You may not car but this was mainly for my benefit. You can tell me anything for I have experienced the same , better or worse." I says in a soft, kiind voice not amplified by the mask anymore

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

*haven't taken

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice: When I woke up again, Alyssa was writing on the wall, her forehead furrowed in concentration. I slipped past her and went out. What was it again? Behind the blackboard, assembly room.
There were several assembly rooms in the building, and not all of them were unoccupied. More than once a sharp command was barked at me , and twice I had to run from angry guards who yelled at me for intruding. Once I came upon a guard twined in a passionate embrace with one of the kitchen maids. That was beyond awkward.
I tugged on the blackboards of the ones that were empty, but nothing gave. I'd wasted half the day already.
-----
Erdely: I squinted at Void's face. It was a nice face, I suppose, if you liked that sort of thing. Nearly an albino, with a scar across one high cheekbone. However, with the way my mind worked, I could only picture it drenched with blood.
"Death? How much? Millions and billions of bloodyguts all scattered all over the everywhere? A thousand kills?" My eyes lit up, ruby-red glow, and I blew a few gold strands out of my face. "May I learn more ways to kill? My ways are graphic, lots of blood and pain but not easy to hide."
I wiped a hand -stained with blood from that girl- on my clothes surreptitiously. No need for him to think I've killed too many people.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Void: I look down for a moment before looking back up "Before escaped here I killed almost every, including the students in a blood rage at what I found out. I ripped their stomachs out, organs one by one sometimes, every horrifying way you can kill someone, I did it that day. I divided myself, the beast part of me lies dormant and I am in constant battle with it to keep it locked up. Which is why I do not feel love, anger, happiness, sadness, and many other emotions because they drive the beast. You ask if I can show you ways to kill. You can use phase to snap their spine in their bodies without leaving a mark. Be creative, just avoid too much organ ripping out." I say looking up at her "Time is almost up...Oh no. Erdely, what ever you do, do not follow me." I say as I run into the abandoned part of the school

Arc TeamOn a video communicator watch) "Master Vladimir, we are within ten minutes of the school. We shall show these things were they belong."

Alyssa[Spectre]: I hear Alice go and go after her to tell her the meeting time. I was able to find her without much trouble and watched curiously "Um Pentagram, Pryo and Tesla need us you know where now." I say midly

Desmond[Pyro]: I am by the basement when I check the time, and head into the basement making sure I was not followed and I walk in to see Tesla then he disappears and shows up on the other side of the room and I wipe my eyes "What was that?" I ask in amazement

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

*I escaped
*almost everyone
*Where they

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Who is Lucien listening on blk?

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice: I turned around to see Alyssa standing in the door. After she told me the time, I nodded and tugged one last time on the blackboard. Looks like another sleepless night. Having gotten used to the routine of tug, wait, turn away, my mind was on other things-like not sleeping- so when the blackboard came away from the wall, I was startled. I turned around agian, but didn't see Alyssa. According to the clock on the wall it was 12:50. I assumed lunch would be soon, and I didn't want to get in trouble and be found out if I didn't show up, so, against my better instinct, i closed the door.
--Erdley: [i'll come up with stuff for her later]

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Erdely: Void ran into the building after he finished speaking. At about that moment, an announcement blared; "Lunch time is now. Go to the lunch room."
I complied, drifting through the walls until I reached the room, where I became corpereal again, startling more than a few people. I laughed.

Showing 91-105 of 181