ForumsThe TavernWhat do I do.......

17 2984
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I am really confused...

What do I do if a girl that is my friend that I like as a friend but nothing more is having a 'break' from her bf and she tells me that she really really really likes me?

I hope that makes sense....

KingRyan

• 17 Replies
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Well, it depends what kind of "break," this is. Also, is the boyfriend one of your friends? If so, you shouldn't ruin a relationship like that.

Now you said that you don't like her, correct? Then you shouldn't go out with her just because she has feelings for you. You must sit her down and tell her your feelings for her. Pour your heart out and try to be really sensitive towards her. Something like that caould possibly hurt her....

invisiman
invisiman
282 posts
Peasant

Okay, so you just like her as a friend. Right? You tell her that you just like her as a friend, but that you still want to be good friends with her.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Ok...I am going to school soon...I will try these out.

I told the girl that we need to talk Face2Face not over MSN...so school will be where we will meet...

Any more suggestions before I go?

KingRyan

GregWeeler
GregWeeler
259 posts
Nomad

Hmm... let her know that you really care for her, and you don't want to ruin the relationship you already have with her. Just tell her the truth and it will play out.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Just go slowly, don;t rush it lol.

parkermb68
parkermb68
323 posts
Nomad

Tell her you like her as a friend and there is a difference. And, well... If do like her(more than a friend), and wanna give it a try go for it.

StraightJaketMan
StraightJaketMan
619 posts
Nomad

Well, this all depends on the fact that this boyfriend actually broke up with this girl, and that he doesn't want her back. If he is the type that could rip your body in two if he wanted to, than try to wait for a while, and then see what's up.

Also, this could simply be a need to fill the gap made from a lack of a boyfriend. Be careful that she isn't a clingy type, and try to remember as much about her old personaity as possible. If you don't like the way things are comeing back to you, than don't make any hasty moves that you may regret. After all, it could have been HER that ended the relationship, and not the boyfriend. If that's the case, tread lightly, and try to keep on her good side, if things start to change in her direction.

If you find that you DO start to like her more than a friend, than I would wait on it, think it over for a day, maybe sleep on the subject, and find out what you want to do then. Perhaps it may work out. But you'd have to get to her before someone else does.

DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

Maby you just like her as a friend because you don't know her very well, if you do say yes if she falls for you, then say yes to get to know her better.

JustLacrosse21
JustLacrosse21
248 posts
Nomad

dude....uve gotta figure this out urself.......this isnt our roblem...srry but its ur feeling..not ours

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

well idk this had happened to me and i was stuck but the girl will stop to like you..... i think

boalx
boalx
74 posts
Nomad

really whats with these post.. i mean its like people dont have other friends in life to ask...

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

lots of opinions so you don't have to go through the trouble of looking up the phone numbers and from almost every point of view

soccer_mylife
soccer_mylife
388 posts
Nomad

it doesnt make sense to me lol

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

ah...it was all a joke!

I am not phased though...because I never liked her.

Thanks for all of your help anyway...hopefully this may have helped others!

KingRyan

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

You mean to say she was trying to play a joke on you?

That's a bit low, in my opinion. Good that you're not phased.

Showing 1-15 of 17