ForumsGamesColony Leaderboard

170 35588
royalguy
royalguy
148 posts
Nomad

Ok I would like to make a colony leaderboard. This will of course be highly disputed that is why i am making it. I want to settle the matter. I am going to put out a list that is very wrong you all will change it however you like using any active ( last month or 2) people you think are better. The finished product will end up on my account and will change when certain people beat other people.
1st question 10 people or 25 people.
forgive any typos this is from memory.
1. MiamiBigAL
2. zachh
3. peterpandasaevang
4. FascistCorps
5. hezdog
6-25 you decide.

• 170 Replies
guesty9999
guesty9999
23 posts
Nomad

he alone can make the metagame shift

I'm sorry, but I have to throw this in here.

I simply don't believe the metagame CAN change much, since everything has been figured out. 1v1 obviously, but also 2v2. true, there are many more viable build combinations in 2v2, but I just don't see the metagame budging because of a single person any more.

in fact, claiming that the metagame will 'shift' is, in my opinion, showing a lack of appreciation for the level of refinement this game has achieved. no amount of strategizing will beat a good ol' battle-for-the-center, no matter how nuanced and deep.

just my two cents, take em or leave 'em.
guesty9999
guesty9999
23 posts
Nomad

sorry for double posting, but I should clarify.

I have nothing against royal. in fact, I've met him in game, and he seems pretty swell. I haven't seen him play, but I'm sure he's good. this isn't about royal, but about this belief some people (no need for names, I'm sure) seem to hold about the current metagame.

the current metagame isn't some fad, to come and go. it isn't this temporary thing, until krin updates the game. he already said he won't; what we have is what we get.

more so, the metagame isn't waiting for the hero to come and bring back the "good old days". the old days of massive hover battles are gone. no more will we hear pro's telling their partners to 'cover me, I'm going spec ops'. no more will we mass BQ's. those days are gone, and frankly, I'm glad.

the metagame we have is cruel? maybe. is it harsh? probably. does it take time and effort to master? definitely. no more can you build three banks and hope for the best. you've got to be rough, tough, fast and remorseless. you've got to fight for that middle, and not let up. it's pin or be pinned, and there are no second chances. one slip, and its all gone.

this new and improved metagame isn't just gonna disappear because someone wants it to. it is here to stay, and frankly, that's the way I believe it should be.

good luck, and have fun in your future games.

PowerOfSauce
PowerOfSauce
502 posts
Shepherd

pos, rappy has gotten a lot better than he used to be.

oh zachhuy, you're so serious

MiamiBigal shouldnt be 1st :/

Bro, you're rejecting the one thing that everyone here can agree on. Flower off.
zing13
zing13
8 posts
Nomad

oh gawd I am literally dying after reading YOS's post. That was hilarious, YOS is always good for a great laugh. and in no way am I saying royalguy is bad or anything like that for I don't believe I have ever played with him, that post was just hilarious. Looking forward to more great posts.

Cheers

royalguy
royalguy
148 posts
Nomad

@ Guesty9999

A. this forum was to decide the colony leaderboard it has done that I think we are pretty much done here.

B. Your thesis on hover battles and bq masses is wrong. I see it happen everyday long standoffs still happen on the elite level every single day. Granted 1v1 marathons are long gone (if there ever were such things) but 2v2s the winner is the one who beats the opponents to a hover tank mass. You just need the skill to survive to that point therefore winning the game. I don't mean to rain on your parade. You just have to play 2v2. If my partner holds out 3 minutes there is a good chance of us winning he gets some help from me at 3 minutes if I posted. At the 5 minute mark if we are alive, not pinned, and I played my strong strategy 16 hover tanks are coming out to support the sphinx and 18 meds I at a minimum have out there. I don't mean to brag, but you need to understand the timing involved.

C. Have a nice day.

Royal

PowerOfSauce
PowerOfSauce
502 posts
Shepherd

At the 5 minute mark if we are alive, not pinned

This is when you realize that you're up against bads.

but 2v2s the winner is the one who beats the opponents to a hover tank mass. You just need the skill to survive to that point therefore winning the game. I don't mean to rain on your parade. You just have to play 2v2.

So I heard zing was looking forward to more great posts.

I'm sure you'll be happy now, zing.
royalguy
royalguy
148 posts
Nomad

POS congratulations on post number 500. I am hoping to seal the cap on this forum post with the completed leaderboard.

1. MiamiBigAl
2. zachh
3. zing13
4. trying
5. Rummel
6. soccerdude2
7. chessmaster102
8. DesertFang
9. Pillola
10. hezdog
11. Kilean
12. SoymasterYos
13. FascistCorps AKA Fission12
14. peterpandasaevang
15. NullOfPower
16. royalguy
17. clausse
18. dashman123
19. dext200
20. rappy123

zachh
zachh
15 posts
Nomad

Personally, I think that pillola and fission should be moved up. DesertFang and chessmaster are both good players, but they not at the same level as pill and fiss. When it comes to 1v1, 2v2, macro, and micro, pill and fiss got them beat in every category.

fission12
fission12
63 posts
Jester

Alright, ill be serious here.

This list is far from over.

Let's start from the beginning. rappy123 isn't #20, as he definately can beat most of the people on the list. He can 1v1 capi well enough, but his monarchy is stronger. However, he still makes mistakes at times but has a proper grasp of micro + macro. I would say that rappy would be around #7.
(7ish in rank)

19. dext2000 Dext2000 isn't bad at 2v2 but he isn't a pro. He is still learning game mechanics and exculsively uses monarchy (and at times not too effectively). However, he is a good player. Since he is still learning, the bottom of the list isn't unfair. (20ish in rank)

18. dashman123 Dashy is a good player. He has decent post and decent forge. Not sure if he plays monarchy or not. (probably 15ish or so in rank)

17. Clausse Now, clausse and I disagree on some things. If there were no influence units, clausse would be a good player. However, he techs too much and cannot 1v1 too effectively. He understands game mechanics, but not as fully as most pros do.

16. royalguy Techs too much and relies too much on monarchy. I suggest him being in the back 20, possibly #20. Contrary to your beliefs, the game is decided within the inital rush, unless your opponent is mon ops. Cannot rush effectively and doesn't understand game mechanics too well.
(rank 20ish)

15. NullOfPower Now bad player, likes post. Cannot play forge. However, he is rusty. If he were at his full potential, he would be a worthy opponent.
Has arrogance problems at times.
(rank 15 ish)

14. peterpandasaevang I haven't 1v1ed recently. However, last time I played him, he doesn't rush. Seems to like teching BQs.

(rank 20ish)

13. myself, FascistCorps. My monarchy is horrible. My commi is fair. My capi is ok (against forge) bad (against monarchy) ok (against capi). I don't like post that much. My strong point is in forge. I believe that I have a decent understanding of game mechanics. The only people on the list who can pose a threat to me without monarchy are MiamiBigAL, zachh, zing, and Rummel, expecially if I am forge.

(probably 5ish)

12. SoymasterYos Funny guy, likes forge. He doesn't exel in the "new school builds" and has some anger management difficulties if beaten.
(#20ish)

11. kilean20 Excellent post, especially capi post. Seems to understand monarchy builds well. I believe that he has a good grasp of game mechanics.
(#7ish)

10. hezdog Good post and good forge. However, he needs more experience and faster timing. Sometimes doesn't take opportunities when they present themselves.

(#12ish)

9. Pillola She is always a joy to have around. Pill has decent capi and decent monarchy skills. Is one of the better players in 2v2 and is quite dependable in such situations.

8. DesertFang Believes himself to be good, yet techs too much. He cannot 1v1 well. Doesn't understand game mechanics too well.

(#20ish)

7. chessmaster102

Smart guy, likes trying new things. (lol capi ops) Seems to prefer post over forge and has a good understanding of game mechanics.
(#13ish)

6. soccerdude2 This guy used to be...well... not too big of a threat. He has gotten a lot better, adopted rushing, and can play well without monarchy (something many players struggle with today). He is understanding game mechanics better and better.

(#6ish)

5. Rummel Not much to say (he doesn't speak much himself as well). Despite his hatred for 1v1s, his post is quite good. Better post than most of the post players today. I think his post is better than mine.

(probably 5ish)
4. trying Good player, expecially in post. One of the few commi players. He is a bit rusty though. I would rank him right after Rummel.

3. zing13

Amazing forge, forges better than me. Understands forge very well. While he has a good post, I don't see it too often, so I won't make any assumptions. He can play all govs well though.

(top 3)

2. zachh

Excellent monarchy and capitalist player. Excels in post with a good forge too. His post is formidable. However, maybe he plays monarchy too much. Better post player than me though.

(top 3)

1. MiamiBigAL Excellent macro. He can play forge and post well, but zing's forge right now is better. His edge, is macro since he knows the exact amout of units/counter and has done extensive testing. Smart guy too.

(1ish)

I have tried to look at this from a dispassionate standpoint. I am telling what I believe is the truth. If you want to challenge my claims, you are welcome to do so. Also, if you don't think I should be in the top, we may 1v1. I will compile a list out of this later.

-fiss

trying
trying
467 posts
Bard

erm
Play any organized pro 2v2 and you should be smashed in less than 7 minutes. You try teching to Arsenal and your BQs will die to scouts, saints, and maybe sphinx, your hovers would die to mass chronites, scouts, saints, and possibly snipers.

I thought Rummel liked 1v1s? I remember a time when that was all he did. I guess he got beat a few times from annoying mon rushes and stopped.

guesty9999
guesty9999
23 posts
Nomad

@ Guesty9999

A. this forum was to decide the colony leaderboard it has done that I think we are pretty much done here.

B. Your thesis on hover battles and bq masses is wrong. I see it happen everyday long standoffs still happen on the elite level every single day. Granted 1v1 marathons are long gone (if there ever were such things) but 2v2s the winner is the one who beats the opponents to a hover tank mass. You just need the skill to survive to that point therefore winning the game. I don't mean to rain on your parade. You just have to play 2v2. If my partner holds out 3 minutes there is a good chance of us winning he gets some help from me at 3 minutes if I posted. At the 5 minute mark if we are alive, not pinned, and I played my strong strategy 16 hover tanks are coming out to support the sphinx and 18 meds I at a minimum have out there. I don't mean to brag, but you need to understand the timing involved.

C. Have a nice day.

Royal

well.

a. I agree. I was off topic, nothing I can do now but apologize. to keep this post somewhat on topic ill just say I pretty much agree with everything fiss said. many of the players I don't even know anymore, so I pretty much trust fiss's judgment about those I don't know.

I'm also not sure where I should be on the list; I used to be very near the top I think, but I'm prett rusty, and get beaten by many of the players on the list. I therefore withhold judgment on myself until i play more, and get my micro back. other people are welcome to give their opinions about how I am now, cuz I just don't know now.

b. ok, it generally doesn't work when I try and explain strategy through text, but I'll try. this is also mostly from memory, since I haven't played any really good 2v2's lately (again, rusty).

basically, pro 2v2 is currently basicly an expansion of 1v1. there are more combinations, but the base stays the same. unless both players build a unit construction building as one of their first to buildings, you are pretty much dead. why? same as 1v1, pinning and field inf give enough of an edge to pretty much withstand anything, even hovers and BQ's. even if you can't pin strongly enough for T3, you can kill them before they manage. did you know it takes only 9 Romans to kill the base? also, 2 ops teams will take care of thing pretty quick as well. in addition, a modikata with Romans kills incredibly quick, and with micro, can dodge missiles.

about the scenario you are describing, lets see how I think things will unfold. me and my bud are going say classic post first and bank forge. you are, I'm assuming, teching as mon, no? either way, your buddy alone has no chance against two other players, and you get pinned in less than a minute. from here on, you lose your inf advantage, since each of us gets as much as you, and can therefore at least mirror your inf units. in addition, we can layer, we can missile, and we can kill you with Romans, teams or whatever. there isn't much you can do, and we can respond to whatever you do.

again, 2v2 is fun, and there are plenty of options. but teching almost never works on seasoned players...

you probably have some counter arguments, and that's fine. I said it is hard to explain, and the best way is to show you. I'd love to play you in game, and I'm sure others will be willing to as well.

c. thank you. I wish you a very good day as well.

again, this is nothing personal, and reading my previous posts, they may have come off as a bit offending, for which I apologize.
royalguy
royalguy
148 posts
Nomad

My question to you is teching as mon means what. Bank armory treas hosp post barracks arsenal warsanc. If so that is a weak teching I tech differently. bank hosp warsanc armory post barrack arsenal bankdown forge. this is more effective. I also didnt mention that getting a bank then your second building takes at least 45 maybe 50 seconds you literally cannot pin in 1 minute with fascist (which is the fastest). My partner gets support at I think 2:45 in from me so you have 1:45 to pin my partner going for the post to stop my partner takes 1:30 you and your partner then have to get across to stop him you have about 30 sec to get to him. you have a full 45 seconds to get a perfect pin before 2 saints or a sphinx and meds come out I bid thee good luck. I may be wrong but this is often what happens my opponents just cant beat my partner well enough in those 45 seconds granted it can definately be done. It is just very difficult. I haven't even mentioned my forge later.

Now back to the topic at hand. I don't mean to be rude but your thoughts on rappy are insane. He is at most 20 I beat 2v2 and 1v1 he is a weak player. I don't think he should be on the list. Barrels comes before him in my book. Maybe myraid99.

1. MiamiBigAl
2. zachh
3. zing13
4. rummel
5. trying
6. Pillola
7. FascistCorps AKA Fission12
8. chessmaster102
9. soccerdude2
10. DesertFang
11. hezdog
12. Kilean
13. SoymasterYos
14. peterpandasaevang
15. NullOfPower
16. clausse
17. royalguy
18. dashman123
19. dext200
20. rappy123

I hope this is closer.

PowerOfSauce
PowerOfSauce
502 posts
Shepherd

Kick out royalguy

Move up 18 places

Add replace it with me

THEN THE LIST WILL BE PERFECT

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

POS where are you. I consider you inactive. You don't qualify.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Soccer's three bits to add:

-I don't know about you guys, but rappy seemed good when I played with/against him...

-Fission needs to be moved to spot 5 (just listen to him! lol)

-Why did you move chess behind me....? I mean he's good but I would say I'm better..

Showing 106-120 of 170