- LittleBigPlanet
- inFAMOUS
- Gran Turismo 5

The list is endless really.

Posted Apr 19, '13 at 7:52pm

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,353 posts

I was just coming in to say the Metal Gear Solid series is awesome. Play them in order though. Metal Gear Solid PS1 classic from store, HD collection for 2 and 3, play 4, then back to HD collection for Peace Walker.

Posted Apr 20, '13 at 4:01pm

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

MGS is vastly overrated, if you ask me. Maybe once upon a time it was original and interesting in terms of game play, but it wasn't ever particularly well-written or clever, especially not nowadays. I just don't get why everyone cares about it so much.

Posted Apr 20, '13 at 4:13pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

While I'll agree that MGS is a little overrated, I believe it delivers one satisfying feeling when you play all of the installments in order in a short period of time.

Posted Apr 20, '13 at 6:05pm

Shukelven

Shukelven

42 posts

Bioshock trilogy.
Fallout 3 and New Vegas.
God of War III.
BO 1 and 2.
Crysis series of course, although I haven't played the 3rd one yet I highly recommend it.

Posted Apr 20, '13 at 6:36pm

IAgreeWithYou

IAgreeWithYou

531 posts

MGS is vastly overrated, if you ask me. Maybe once upon a time it was original and interesting in terms of game play, but it wasn't ever particularly well-written or clever, especially not nowadays. I just don't get why everyone cares about it so much.

Depends which game you are looking at. The first two games are absolutely amazing. I only played them a year ago and it was one of the best gaming experiences I have had in a while. However, 4 is debatable. I still think that the 4th game is great but if you're this heavily invested into a series the game becomes so much more interesting and if you don't take the time to get invested you are bound to have a worse time. MGS isn't for everybody. You have to be someone who prefers to watch rather than act.

I completely disagree with you about how it was written. I can't really argue about that because I feel it is too subjective and you haven't really said anything specific.

Posted Apr 21, '13 at 12:18am

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,353 posts

Overrated? How? How is it overrated? Does anyone even respect it at all?

Metal Gear Solid is a gaming experience like no other. The gameplay, the writing, everything is different at least. It has a few problems, but it's mostly very good.

Is the dialogue well written? I think it's better than most people give it credit for because their attention spans suck, but no, the dialogue is really too long and meandering. But that's why we love it, darn it!

There's really no criticism that an MGS fan doesn't have to say "well yes, but..." to. The dialogue sucks. Well yes, but it's really good too. The plot makes no sense. Well yes, but when you get to know it it's really compelling. Every game ends with a stupid shirtless fistfight with the pilot of a giant robot. Well yes, but it's a shirtless fistfight with the pilot of a giant robot and that's freakin' radical.

Posted May 9, '13 at 6:48pm

jonnypants23

jonnypants23

1,407 posts

Yea I didn't really feel the love for Metal Gear Solid, but every one has their own gaming taste. Some of my favorite ps3 games to play:
*Infamous 1 + 2 (the second is better)
*BF3 (not exclusive)
*The Uncharted series
*Dragons Dogma (not exclusive)
*Little Big planet 1 + 2
*Last of Us (comes out later this year but it will be awesome no doubt)

Reply to PS3 Games Recommendations

You must be logged in to post a reply!