Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

World wide peace?

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 6:22pm

ttt78

ttt78

14 posts

I don't think us humans could ever manage to stop fighting, robbing, kidnapping, and doing horrible things. I mean Osama Bin Ladin, led
"Al-Queda" and had people fly planes into the World Trade Center, and the Pentagon, Adam Lanza (Forgive me if his last name is spelled wrong.) Carried out the Newtown school shooting. And countless criminals have done horrible things.

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 6:25pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,265 posts

so...... what is the point of this topic?

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 6:31pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

I think he wants you to discuss the potential and possibility of world wide peace.

I do not think it's possible unless true universal communism is somehow achieved, and that will never happen.

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 6:35pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,265 posts

possible? NEVER!
potential? ... hmmm... it would be 1 boring planet i guess. =P
ow and that global power grid from the other topic would be much easyer to achieve. ^^

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 8:04pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

It could technically be possible under a very restricting government where everything is monitored and all crimes are considered equally extreme and dissenters are always cought and 'corrected'.

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 11:20pm

roydotor2000

roydotor2000

276 posts

You mean "Global Communism" EmperorPalpatine?

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 11:24pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

Depends on your definition of Communism, but sure, something totalitarian.

Posted Apr 18, '13 at 2:23am

danielo

danielo

1,758 posts

Did you just compared Adam lanza to Osama bin-laden?

Osama didnt did it because of mental illnes. You realy need to make some order kiddo.

A war and a crazy man with a gun on the clock tower are two diffrunte things.
War cant be ended. Mental ill peoples who dont get medical care can.

Posted Apr 18, '13 at 3:44am

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,535 posts

Mental ill peoples who dont get medical care can.

The thing is, sometimes you can't tell until it's too late. You can't blame medical care for the Newtown school shooting. You could just as easily blame his mother for having that gun on hand, or the school for not having armed guards blocking every entrance, but it would be equally ridiculous to blame any of those people for the actions of one individual.

If you want to blame someone, why not blame the kids who abused him at Sandy Hook Elementary?

And who is to say Osama bin Laden wasn't mentally ill? Do you honestly think he visited a psychiatrist every Tuesday and told him about how much he hated America and wanted all Americans to die? Just because he wasn't certified criminally insane doesn't mean that he wasn't criminally insane.

Posted Apr 18, '13 at 4:29am

Getoffmydangle

Getoffmydangle

151 posts

a crazy man with a gun on the clock tower

You would be referring to Charles Whitman (The Sniper in the clocktower). He did that because of a brain tumor that pressed up against the parts of his brain that control anger, fear, and aggressive behavior. Small but real distinction - it was a medical illness not a mental illness.

Reply to World wide peace?

You must be logged in to post a reply!