Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

World wide peace?

Posted Apr 18, '13 at 4:58am

partydevil

partydevil

5,200 posts

who say's osama was insane?
how insane are you if the most advanced military can't find you for 10 year?
osama sure was not insane. and neither are his ideals.
they might be insane in your eye's but that doesn't make it insane for many many other people.

Posted Apr 18, '13 at 5:16am

Getoffmydangle

Getoffmydangle

151 posts

Did you just compared Adam lanza to Osama bin-laden?

Both killed innocent people. And the thread is about a large umbrella of world peace... essentially 'not killing innocent people.' The OP was not saying they are the same, just they are both examples of "fighting, robbing, kidnapping, and doing horrible things."

Posted Apr 18, '13 at 1:14pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,410 posts

Knight

World wide peace is more of an utopy, a goal we should aim for, but not under all circumstances; as previously mentioned, it is technically achievable, but under severe restrictions that would have no chance to pass were they proposed in todays modern societies.

Posted Apr 18, '13 at 1:41pm

crazyape

crazyape

1,800 posts

World peace is a lie. The human race is incapable of harmony, because we are human. Our minds are a boiling pot of passions, desires, needs, and fantasies.

But, as was mentioned earlier, we'd live controlled, probably drugged, and constantly monitered. Peace is the deception of contentment.

Posted Apr 18, '13 at 2:27pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,410 posts

Knight

World peace is a lie. The human race is incapable of harmony, because we are human.

Now that's a bit harsh. I think it's wrong to use "because we are human" as an excuse for such things; that's a dangerous fatalism that won't help advance anything.
At least try to thrive towards harmonic living with your immediate fellow humans; something not that far off, quite frankly. Don't expect world peace, but don't think this means we're only good at beating each other up.

Posted Apr 19, '13 at 1:21am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,485 posts

but under severe restrictions that would have no chance to pass were they proposed in todays modern societies.

Some flock to the promise of peace at any cost. All it takes is a charismatic leader with flowery words. And there are plenty of unthinkably stupid things modern legislatures pass.

Posted Apr 19, '13 at 1:36am

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,469 posts

who say's osama was insane?
how insane are you if the most advanced military can't find you for 10 year?
osama sure was not insane.

Who says he wasn't? Being insane doesn't necessarily mean running all over the place spouting off gibberish or blowing things up for no reason whatsoever. Most criminally insane people have a reason to do what they do or want to do, and as ridiculous as their reasons may be to mentally stable people, some of them come up with very elaborate plans to execute whatever plan they have for society.

Most human beings are not killers. Intentionally taking the lives of thousands of people just to prove a point isn't usually a sign of mental stability.

Posted Apr 19, '13 at 7:40am

partydevil

partydevil

5,200 posts

Who says he wasn't?

wasn't sane or insane?
i say he isn't insane. you or danielo said he wasn't sane.

Most criminally insane people have a reason to do what they do or want to do, and as ridiculous as their reasons may be to mentally stable people, some of them come up with very elaborate plans to execute whatever plan they have for society.

when they are able to think logically and come up whit detailed plans then i dont call them insane.
mentally unstable shouldn't be labeled insane instantly.

Most human beings are not killers. Intentionally taking the lives of thousands of people just to prove a point isn't usually a sign of mental stability.

neither is it a sign of insanity.

Posted Apr 19, '13 at 12:57pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,750 posts

I'd like to say a few things.

1) By and large, the majority of crimes are not performed by those with a mental illness.

2) Religious fanaticism is not a form of mental illness (though perhaps it should be considered one?)

3) Please don't instantly assume mental illness = violent/criminal. That's far from the truth.

Now, going from what I know, Osama Bin Laden did not have any mental illnesses. Second, Adam Lanza had Aspergers, which does not make people violent.

Hate is not a form of mental illness. Lastly, I'd like to say this: Stop trying to shove off the entire world's problems on mental illnesses. Our problem is that humans are selfish, intolerant, short tempered, greedy, insecure *******s by and large who have access to weapons.

Posted Apr 19, '13 at 4:16pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,410 posts

Knight

Some flock to the promise of peace at any cost. All it takes is a charismatic leader with flowery words. And there are plenty of unthinkably stupid things modern legislatures pass.

So, you're saying that (exxagerating it a bit) all it needs is a charismatic leader with an apparently infallible rethoric, and people will gladly truncate their rights and pass through unthinkable things? Oh, wait... yeah I see *cough*Godwin's law*cough*

Reply to World wide peace?

You must be logged in to post a reply!