ForumsForum GamesThe End-Times ~ This is How You Died ~ You & Kate

90 13839
Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Hello! Welcome to The End-Times. This is a zombie game. I'm sure right when most of you read the 'zombie' word, you're thinking to yourself, Oh Geeze. Another one? Well... I'm pretty sure no one has ever done anything like this in a forum game before. That is why I'm bringing it to you here and now.

*Don't read this unless you care about why the title is the way that it is*
The title is long and confusing I suppose, so I'll elaborate. The series is called The End-Times. The 'This is How You Died' part is in there because that is the main gist of the game. The 'You & Kate' part is the name of the story you will be playing.This game isn't about how to find a cure, and how you saved the world. This game is actually about your death. Its inevitable. But, the way you play, is like a story. Everything you achieved, every action you made, will be made into a story. And the ending will, of course, explain how you died. I hope that in the future, I can make more 'End-Times' games, and add a book of one of your (the players) stories in the next game, or maybe somehow make the stories connected in a way. This game might be long, or it may be short. It all depends on how well you do.

On to the important stuff. The game is pretty realistic in my opinion. You will be given a decent sized character sheet, but I'll have a much bigger one so I can keep track of exactly what you did in your story to be precise as possible with updates and things like that. There won't be stat bars or percentages for hunger or any basic needs though. Instead, you get moodlets, or effects.For example, say you killed a couple of zombies in your first days of slaying them. You may become nauseous, or come down with anxiety. There will be different levels of hunger, thirst, and so on. Peckish is very slightly hungry, then it goes up from there. Under the effects will be a description of what the type of effect is doing to your character. There are many more moods and effects, but you can discover them for yourself as you play.

As for the main game play, I only have one story for everyone to try. The story will differ in some cases, depending on what you want to do, so in a way, even though its the same story it can still be changed from another players version.

I hope this hasn't confused anybody so far. I confuse myself pretty often. Anyways, I will give the story just below this, then give an example of the character sheet.

~The Story~
Kate, your wife, has been keeping along with you pretty well, until things got a little too rough. In your 'fortress', which was a two story building with many entry points such as windows and doors, was found by raiders. One man in particular, who had worn a black vest, blue jeans, and black shoes, has ran you off of the fortress you both called a home. It was well barricaded... till the man tore it down. He doesn't have a name, but there are plenty of names that you'd both enjoy calling him.

• 90 Replies
Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

I press tab, and the thing posts? Blasphemy. Sorry about that, but anyways, I'll finish it up.

Kate, your wife, has been keeping along with you pretty well, until things got a little too rough. In your 'fortress', which was a two story building with many entry points such as windows and doors, was found by raiders. One man in particular, who had worn a black vest, blue jeans, and black shoes, has ran you off of the fortress you both called a home. It was well barricaded... till the man tore it down. He doesn't have a name, but there are plenty of names that you'd both enjoy calling him. Eventually, he caught up to you both, but stayed at a distance, firing his weapon at you, mostly trying to scare both of you. After panicking, Kate runs faster and gets ahead of you, and attempts to jump over some rails that sat upon a high ledge to get away from the gunfire. You followed her lead, but you were more careful. You heard a scream of pain pierce your ears. Kate had broken her leg from the fall. She was foolish, and that was completely irritable, but you had to set that thought aside. Running was the only option. The night began to fall, and you two eventually found a two story house again, but it is very different from the one you got used to before. Now, at the edge of a small town, Kate and yourself have set up in a new home, far away from where the attack happened. Four hours have passed since Kate had broken her leg. She's in immense pain, but she's hanging in. Her leg has become a very pale color. She's lying on the bed on the second floor, with you standing at the side, thinking about what to do.

Now, the character sheet.

Name:
----------
Clothing:
----------
Inventory: (More categories will be put depending on the type of clothing. If you have pants, pockets will be a category under the inventory one, showing what all you have in your pockets. Same as shoes, or a backpack. Yes, you can store items in your shoes. >_&gt
----------
Skills: (You start off with none. The more you play, the more you acquire. 'Till you die, 'course.)
----------
Moodlets & Effects: (None at the moment, you can leave this blank.)

The weather will be in the description I give when I'm giving you details after your actions are performed.

Only two players can play at a time to keep the game play fresh! The game will end when everyone is satisfied and done playing.

When you create your character sheet, post an action about what your going to do to tend to Kate or something else to start off.

Good luck, and have fun!

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

MattEmAngel, I dislike the very short and particularly boring games that aren't RPG's, and I'm a fan of anything that has to do with zombies. I'm sure a few people think the same way I do. Yes, I've noticed zombie games that haven't succeeded, but I'm not worried about that. I don't want the 2,000 replies, like most of the non-rpg games in the forum. I'm looking for quality. And I like to see what players would do in a specific situation. Its hard to do this kind of thing when it isn't an actual video game, but I like a challenge.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Name: pang
Appearance: About 6ft, muscular build, Caucasian, and short, shaggy-esque hair. [If more is needed, let me know]
----------
Clothing: Bandanna (covers mouth and neck areas), tight fitting shirt and pants (military style..pants are cargo-esque), and sturdy sneakers. [If more detail is needed, let me know]
----------
Inventory:
----------
Skills:
----------
Moodlets & Effects:

*I kiss Kate on her forehead and whisper to her that I will be right back. After doing so, I check around the house for supplies of any kind*

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

You did everything just fine.

By the way, the sheet won't need to be posted over and over again. If something happens that you must know, I'll post it in bold and show part of the sheet that you need to see without most of the clutter.

Before you leave to start the search, she grabs your arm with a weak grip.
"Don't be long. Please... don't be long." she manages to utter. She releases your arm and slowly positions herself as comfortably as she possibly can on the bed. Blood is clearly shown on the white bed sheets; the severity of her wound cannot be left alone too much longer.

You quit those thoughts, and take a look around the bedroom. The door that you entered to bring Kate into the bedroom is wide open.
You can see the staircase that leads to the living room in which you bolted through while carrying her.
Right outside of this bedroom, you can remember seeing a closed, white wooden door that lead down a dim hallway, and another door adjacent to it. In the bedroom, there is a door that is cracked slightly, showing a checkered tile floor, and a few blood splotches as well.
In the room itself, are two dressers side by side, and on the other side of the bed where Kate currently lies is a bed-side table with a white radio sitting on top, along with a lamp without a lamp shade.
You can't recall passing any other rooms or doors in the house after rushing through to get Kate to safety.

Currently, your in a state of slight panic. This reduces awareness only slightly, but less details will be posted when this effect is active.

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

This RPG offers an immense variety of options and things to do within it. It's also challenging, and very descriptive. You are left with as many details as possible after every action you do in this game.

Other Zombie RPG's tend to create a bad reputation to all others, except a select few. I feel as if anyone gave this a shot, they'd end up enjoying it, as long as you like immersion (even though its a forum game, its still possible in a few ways) and a decent story line.

I do feel a little rushed when I first posted, because it was an accidental post, so I felt like I had to rush to post the second part in that I accidentally left out. That makes me feel as if I lost a good opportunity to read over the story and the information in the very first post and polish it to make it sound as best as it can, but that wasn't an option. If this game is successful, then another one can spring up and continue with the stories that I've got in store.

ubica88
ubica88
2,188 posts
Nomad

Name:Aleksa
Appearance:Tall,Athletic Build,Short Black hair,Blue eyes
----------
Clothing:Blue Jeans,T-shirt,Light jacket
----------
Inventory:
----------
Skills:
----------
Moodlets & Effects:

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Aleksa, is the gender female?

Anyways, Kate is lying on the bed with her broken leg. Something must be done fast.
Slight panic has ensued due to her severe injury.

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

I like how a few people signed up just to abandon this RPG.

I guarantee that if you stick to this RPG, you'll find more to it than you think there is.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Relax..I haven't abandoned it. I'll have an update tonight

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Name: Ken Veksing
Appearance: 6'1", very muscular, short black curly hair, slightly protruding nose, dark brown eyes.
----------
Clothing: Dark gray shirt, olive green cargo pants, brown belt, black boots.
----------
Inventory:
----------
Skills:
----------
Moodlets & Effects:

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I start by checking the dresser and side tables, then moving on to check out the room with the checkered tiles, which I assume to be the restroom.

[I'd give more..but I don't want to get ahead of myself or anything]

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

then I look in the shower and by the window then I go to the bed room
I dont know how the game goes but I can I learn?

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

I almost gave up just as easily as I started this because I thought it wouldn't work, but if you keep coming back and posting, then I will too.

Pang,

I start by checking the dresser and side tables, then moving on to check out the room with the checkered tiles, which I assume to be the restroom.

After checking the dressers, you find many different types of clothing, ranging from bland sweaters to colorful pink-striped socks.

After looking inside of the side table, you find a few double-A batteries (since your in slight panic, an exact number isn't applicable), a few writing utensils, some coins, a watch, and a few sticky-pads. Nothing else could be found, so you decide to look inside of the checker-floored room to see if you can have any luck.

You open the door, and it creaks. The blood on the floor is reflecting a very small amount of sunlight from the window that lies beside the table and bed. You check the only place to look - the single cabinet above the sink. You find very few supplies inside, but some seem to be necessary. A bottle of painkillers, and some toothpaste. Behind them, you can see a few other items. You move aside the painkillers and the toothpaste temporarily, and find a razor, a small bottle of lotion, and a small bottle titled "Poison Oak/Ivy Treatment Gel".

Time is running out. You take a very short second to look at Kate lying on the bed to notice that she's still facing you, but she's closed her eyes. You almost begin to panic more, but after waiting a little moment longer, you see her moving, but very slightly. She's still holding on.

Have you played a forum game before, particularly an RPG?

To get started, you could copy and paste the character sheet and add whatever information you want in the name, age, and clothing spots.

If you have any questions, I can answer them as best as I can.
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Name: Michael simons
Appearance: 6"11, blue eyes and balding brown hair. A sturdy build, around 210 pounds.
----------
Clothing: Red T-shirt, Green cargo pants and sneakers.
----------
Inventory:
----------
Skills:
----------
Moodlets & Effects:

Too late for me to join? This game is based off of Project Zomboid, so I think I know what to do.

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Too late for me to join?

Nope! I'm glad you're joining!

This game is based off of Project Zomboid, so I think I know what to do.

Heavily based off of it, yes. But only the beginning is whats similar. Everything else is totally changed. But, instead of only three scenarios that can occur with Kate, you actually have as many as your imagination can come up with. The same events might take place, because they are actually really exciting, but you can do anything to change up the scenarios. I actually think I'll add on to where they left off with the story as well, so there will be more hardships to tackle with Kate, if you manage to keep her alive. There will be other survivors that join as well, with their own stories, and their own feelings... so it really is more like an RPG than just a survival game. I'm happy to find a fellow Project Zomboidian.

Anyways!

Michael,

Slight panic has ensued due to the severity of Kate's situation.

(This first post is very... empty, but I assure you, other posts will have a lot more details! I tend to write paragraphs and sometimes even essays when there is enough to talk about.)
Showing 1-15 of 90