ForumsArt, Music, and Writingcreative word usage contest

7 4885
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

this is something I would like to see tried. I will list off six words, and a short story must be created using these six words. the story can be of any length, but they have to include all of the words used. I will be the first judge, and will judge the winner a week after the words are chosen. the winner then gets to decide the next 6 words, and then choose whether or not he/she wants to be the next judge. the first six words are:

1.hop
2.string
3.bulb
4.building
5.bottle
6.knife

the game starts now, and I will be back to judge the winner next sunday.

-Blade

• 7 Replies
light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

I hopped. The reason I was hopping was because I was passing a string under my feet repeatedly, also called jump-roping. I was doing this inside my house, sadly so I jumped too high and broke a bulb in the chandelier. Another reason I shouldn't have been jump roping was that the other people in my building don't like the noise. Actually, just yesterday I was jump roping (I know, I'm stupid, but I didn't break anything) and 2 guys threatened me with a broken bottle and a knife.

There. I call it: Some reasons why I shouldn't jump-rope.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I was building a bulb out of string and superglue. It wasn't going well. My fingers were covered with cuts and I'd accidentally tied my foot to the ground, forcing me to hop around wildly before I could dump the bottle of antiseptic on my fingers and grab a knife to saw at the rope with. Needless to say, it didn't end well either, and my non-existent spirit cat Cupcake ended up batting it to its death.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Alright the winner for this round is storm. He can now pick the new words, and whether or not he will be the new judge.

-Blade

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Alright the winner for this round is storm.

Psst..don't forget to mention why you chose the winner and to provide necessary feedback

He

*She
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Yay, I've won something! Whee!
As pang so helpfully pointed out, I am indeed of the femalloid.
I shall try and pick words that aren't terrible.
1] Articulate
2] Bracket
3] Curly
4] Voluminous
5] Sparkly
6] Fluid
...they're terrible words aren't they.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

They're not terrible words. Now you can decide whether or not you wish to judge.

-Blade

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Well since nobody else feels like contributing, you win
However you missed 'fluid.' Maybe you meant fluid where you had liquid. And I'm pretty sure articulate doesn't mean unify. :3
Now pick the words! Onwards we go!

Showing 1-7 of 7