ForumsWEPRWhat would be the best way to unpopulate the earth

255 90732
thecode11
thecode11
239 posts
Nomad

Any answers hopefully humane and by unpopulate i mean lower human populations.

• 255 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Simple. Make people infertile. No more babies means decreases in the population.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Wait wait wait wait wait..hold up. Let me just make sure I'm understanding this correctly...

You are asking us what the best way to create human population control is?

See..I get that we are becoming over-populated..and a thread about the issues behind that and possible solutions to the problem sounds nice..but a thread asking about ways to police human reproduction and/or create a "human" genocide seems a bit..much

thecode11
thecode11
239 posts
Nomad

by my thoughts i meant get technology being able to make colonies and send people to the colonies salidian control not make us doomed to die

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Increase quality of life and education world-wide, decrease poverty. That way, make countries like India have birth rates more similar to those of western industrial countries.

Regulate artificial insemination after a certain age; chance to get twins or more, increase with age; besides, artificial fecundation already comes with increased chances due to the methods applied *cough*octomom*cough*

Focus medicine and research more on keeping people healthy as long as possible instead of keeping them alife as long as possible.

Reach new horizons and colonise the space!

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

salidian control not make us doomed to die

I think you meant to say Salvidian. Protip: Sal works just as well.

Anyway, you wouldn't cause everyone to be infertile. That's downright stupid.

by my thoughts i meant get technology being able to make colonies and send people to the colonies

Where would we get the money, the time, the resources, and the research to do this?
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Make a law against copulating after 1 child has already been born? Thats all I got man.

thecode11
thecode11
239 posts
Nomad

Thanks sal for the correction and resources umm no clue you have a point.

minotaur i think thats a law in china the only way you can have more is if you ask the head of china.

HahiHa nice ideas besides my idea.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Soylent Green!

Lanod
Lanod
28 posts
Nomad

HUNGER GAMES!!!!!!!!!!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

That way, make countries like India have birth rates more similar to those of western industrial countries.

No. You guys have a birth rate that is disastrous, and my country is heading that way.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

1. Get rich countries to stop providing aid to poorer ones.
2. Have them use that money to provide an incentive for voluntary sterilization in their own or other countries.

That seems pretty simple. I mean you could make arguments for killing prison populations en masse and stuff like that but that'd just be cruel.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

No. You guys have a birth rate that is disastrous, and my country is heading that way.

You one of those who think we're rotting ourselves out by our low birth rates? Only situations I hear this argument is when Islampohobic people use it to argue in favour of a creeping "Muslim invasion" due to having more children.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I don't think the Earth is becoming over-populated. Just back in 2005, the whole population of the world could fit into and area the size of Jacksonville, Florida.

If we are judging population by how many people are starving, you can blame the clowns that don't add modern amenities in their countries to provide clean water and produce food to support themselves.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

stop medical research and close 50% of the hospitals.
that will help a great bounce.
when your old a sick then you can just die instead of getting better.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

I don't think the Earth is becoming over-populated.

the 7 billion people of today can all fit in L.A. when they stand shoulder to shoulder.

BUT

it is not the area that we take with just us being there. but the area we take to stay alive. if we all would live like a average american then we would need 4 earth size planets.
Showing 1-15 of 255