ForumsGamesGames Simillar to XCOM

9 6959
Fredman12
Fredman12
47 posts
Nomad

Hi,

I normaly dont talk on here much but I have been a little bored likely and I was wondering if any of you could recommend some game titles for me. I realy like the turned based strategy games with RPG elements (like. XCOM, Wesnoth, Alien Invasion...etc.) I dont realy care much for the age of the game. if its good enough I wont care.

• 9 Replies
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Well the same company made the Civilization series, it's also a turn based strategy. The newest one is Civilization V. There's also Age of Empires which is a bit older.

Fredman12
Fredman12
47 posts
Nomad

I was thinking of Civilization. I guess I will have to try that one out. Isnt Age of Empires and RTS though

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

{Moving to VideoGames forum so more people who view video game threads can see it}

Spore
Spore
1,106 posts
Peasant

I personally love XCOM: Enemy Unknown, man that game is so amazing but very underrated. Since Civilization 5 has been mentioned, I can recommend you a medieval version of XCOM, search for Heroes 6. It is a turn-based RPG with a lengthy campaign.

jmababa
jmababa
54 posts
Shepherd

xcom enemy unknown not that good personally cause ive played fallout 3 and 4 they much better than xcom enemy unkown and almost alike

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

xcom enemy unknown not that good personally cause ive played fallout 3 and 4 they much better than xcom enemy unkown and almost alike

Actually play the ****ing game and try again. There's not even such a thing as Fallout 4.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Actually play the ****ing game and try again. There's not even such a thing as Fallout 4.
He probably means New Vegas.

The Civ games are a good suggestion, I have played every one up through 4 (no expansions).

several things you should know about what they changed, shields (production) were changed to hammers in 4.

You can no longer stack units as of 5.

Governments were removed in 4, you now choose individual aspects (I really like having democracy with state property and serfdom)

cities in 5 can only have one defending unit, but also have their own defense as well.

~~~Darth Caedus
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

OP might want to check out Frozen Synapse. It's a great strategical turn-based shooter, though it doesn't have all the RPG stuff.

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

If you have PS3, I would heartily recommend Valkyria Chronicles.

Showing 1-9 of 9