ForumsForum GamesWar For Ore (Mining RPG)

742 177199
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

In the year 2034...
Mining can be dangerous, being crushed, suffocated, or trapped and starved to death are only the usual risks. You could also be redirected into the sewer and drowned, shot by other rogue miners, or eaten alive by monsters from the depths. But they pay is good, the right merchants will pay handsomely for minerals or metals, and the wrong merchants will pay the gear you steal from other miners.
To start your life as a miner fill out the character sheets below.

Name:
Description: Optional
Currency: $300
Arms: None
Armour: None
State: Healthy
Items: Pick-axe, knife.

Also spend you starter money for gear at Godmund's Shop.
(Note: Weapons will stay in your items list and not under arms until you choose to equipped them)

-------------------Godmund's Shop----------------------------------------------

Gas mask: Mask that blocks out toxic fumes with a cloth covered in charcoal, is made of laminated glass so it won't shatter if it cracks. $40

Rebreather: Mask which recycles the air the wearer is breathing. $100

Kevlar: Dense synthetic body armour, well capable of stopping any non-magnum bullet under 7mm and spreading the impact force. $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Colt Predator
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Non-magnum
Ammunition: 10mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chambers
Cost: $150

Name: Concord-forger
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Magnum
Ammunition: 7mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chamber
Cost: $180

Name: Snyder and Kemp
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Single-action
Ammunition: 6mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 12 bullets in a clip
Cost: $120

Name: Gorgon
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Double-action
Ammunition: 9mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 8 bullets in a clip
Cost: $200

Name: Double barrel
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 15mm bore
Ammunition: Buckshot
Ammunition feed type: Brake-action, two shells

Name: Barb Spitter
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 12mm bore Pump-action
Ammunition: Fletchette shells
Ammunition feed type: four shells

Name: Uzi
Type: Sub-machine gun
Type stats: 12RPG
Ammunition: 5mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 25 bullet clip
Cost: $200

Name: Waster
Type: Sniper rifle
Type stats: Magnum, laser-pointed
Ammunition: 11mm magnum bullets
Ammunition feed type: One bolt-action loaded round
Cost: $210

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical attention: Healing for all injuries. $20

Medical kit: For healing whilst in the mines, limited resources. $50

Medical Insurance: Unlimited free medical attention. $650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 742 Replies
HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Name: Lurch
Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!
Currency: $195
Arms: Gorgon 9/9, Hagwraith micro 20/20 (20)
Armour: Gas Mask
State: Healthy,
Items: Pick-axe, knife, med-kit, smashed bottle

"I like him better unconscious anyway," I thank Penny, "So what happens next? I got this new gun."

sinboss
sinboss
109 posts
Nomad

Name: Quiller Hersh
Description: Quiller Grew up in a harsh family 3 older brothers and 1 older sister, his mom died giving birth to him his dad hated him for it. his father made him help pay the bills unlike his brothers and sister. his father constently abused him until one day he hit his dad with a bat across the face. his dad died and his brothers and sister left to live life in the city, Quiller soon discovered a job to pay so he could start over mining.
Currency: $50
Arms: Colt Predator
Armour: Rebreather mask

I keep walking forgetting bout the egg.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden A. Rendegraverâ¨
Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $10â¨
Armour: Gas Maskâ¨
State: Bruised.
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe. Barb-spitter 0/4,
k17 micro assault-rifle 10/20,

You go up the tunnel and return to the surface.
Godmund judges the value of your items:

Yellow lump ??? (Godmund doesn't recognize this but is willing to take it to a lab and have it analyzed.)

white-rock $60

Empty Barb-spitter $148

Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!

Penny frowns "Me and Alazzander are going to try and get to the rebel base, half a days trekking from here, but Arrluk can't walk to well so he and the others a staying here for a while. Your welcome to come with us, the area around here is marshy and is inhabited in Fen-wolves, another gun couldn't go astray."

Description: Quiller Grew up in a harsh family 3 older brothers and 1 older sister, his mom died giving birth to him his dad hated him for it. his father made him help pay the bills unlike his brothers and sister. his father constently abused him until one day he hit his dad with a bat across the face. his dad died and his brothers and sister left to live life in the city, Quiller soon discovered a job to pay so he could start over mining.

You soon come across a large messy nest type structure made of damp hay, there's a unpleasant scraping sound coming from inside.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

"I'm ready when you are"

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

"Well here's the crux of the matter, what do we do with your friend?"
We can't afford to carry him if we leave now, and the men here could have a problem if we leave him behind."
Alazzander comes into the room and affirms this.
"It's your call."

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

"Well he's quite intelligent, if a tad naive, and the dude did save my life back when I first got into mining, but since then I've been kicked around by mustached drunks, hassled by the cops, beaten, broken, ripped-off, and worst of all banned from the pub" I reply mulling over the decision in my head. "I think it's time to cut ties."

Before leaving I jot down my goodbyes on scratch paper:

Hey buddy, we had some good times but I'm a run w/ the terrorists for a while now. We may cross paths again, probly not though. And don't ever forget, 'Snitches get Stitches'
Yours truly
--Lurch

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

Name: Viet Anh
Description: Exiled from the Brotherhoods of Assassin clan, he is now looking to find gold and continue his dream of being the best Assassin there is.
Currency: $10
Armour: Gas mask
Items: Pick-axe, knife, Uzi, Medical kit.

Can't wait to get started

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

After Alazzander says his farewells to the other rebels the three of you set off through a trapdoor inside the bunker. This leads into a long narrow tunnel, after a hour of having to breath the dry chalky air in the tunnel you enter a chamber open to the sky, there are several trees growling in the flooding sunlight and Alazzander advices picking some fruit to eat along the way

Description: Exiled from the Brotherhoods of Assassin clan, he is now looking to find gold and continue his dream of being the best Assassin there is.
Arms: Uzi 25/25
Items: Pick-axe, knife, Medical kit.

Would you like to mine in the city, the country side, or the wilds?

sinboss
sinboss
109 posts
Nomad

i check the nest and then look around the room for any good materials.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

I reach up and pick one of the low-hanging fruits, relishing a breath of fresh air after being underground for some time. "I could seriously get used to this," I mumble through a full mouth.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Arms: Colt Predator 6/6
Items: Pick-axe, knife. Speed-loader (6)

You scour the floor around the nest,
there is a few bones lying around and- actually there are quite a lot of bones strewn upon the ground. Among the ivory piles you find a charged speed-loader.
(A circular ring of metal with spaces for ammunition cartridges that matches the size of a revolvers cylinder, used for faster reloads.)

Whatever fruit you picked seems to have a defense mechanism for being eaten by the wrong species as the originally sweet flesh turns rapidly sour.
Alazzander keeps trying to find a item of fruit to eat but Penny keeps stopping him, because she fears they may be poison.

Alazzander: That one looks tasty.
Penny: That's a Harrow Fruit they're deadly poisonous.
Alazzander: What about that one?
Penny: They taught me that that one would have you vomiting your guts out for hours.
Alazzander: Did they tell how it tasted?
Penny: Keep moving.

Eventually Alazzander finds a single tiny little withered berry that Penny tells him is fine to eat.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

Arms: Uzi 25/25
Items: Pick-axe, knife, Medical kit.

Country Side

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden A. Rendegraverâ¨
Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $10â¨
Armour: Gas Maskâ¨
State: Bruised.
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe. Barb-spitter 0/4,
k17 micro assault-rifle 10/20,

I sell the white rock for its price. Decide to keep the yellow one. I try to argue for more, regarding the price of the barb-spitter.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

I hate the future..

sinboss
sinboss
109 posts
Nomad

Arms: Colt Predator 6/6
Items: Pick-axe, knife. Speed-loader (6)

I then pick it up and continue to look for minerals.

Showing 361-375 of 742