ForumsWEPRMarriage equality

152 54930
Lanod
Lanod
28 posts
Nomad

I'd like to hear everyones opinions about equal marriage right between gay and straight people.

• 152 Replies
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

I mean that I would raise them thinking its wrong. Believe me, it worked with me. Not about homosexuality, but with many other things.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

I mean that I would raise them thinking its wrong.

Why? What's wrong with it? I know your beliefs say it's wrong, but then we get into the whole why you believe what you believe and etc.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

I want grandchildren... I don't have kids to end there.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

I want grandchildren... I don't have kids to end there.

1) Homosexuals can still adopt/are fertile.
2) Your entire reason is purely self centered, if that's all there is to it.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I mean that I would raise them thinking its wrong.

And what if they don't fully believe you? What if they learn to think for themselves? What if they listen to logic and reason?

Believe me, it worked with me. Not about homosexuality, but with many other things.

Yeah..we know.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

This corrupt world. The bible says its bad. The Bible consistently tells us that homosexual activity is a sin (Genesis 19:1-13; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9). Romans 1:26-27 teaches specifically that homosexuality is a result of denying and disobeying God. When people continue in sin and unbelief, God âgives them overâ to even more wicked and depraved sin in order to show them the futility and hopelessness of life apart from God. 1 Corinthians 6:9 proclaims that homosexual âoffendersâ will not inherit the kingdom of God.

God does not create a person with homosexual desires. The Bible tells us that people become homosexuals because of sin (Romans 1:24-27) and ultimately because of their own choice. A person may be born with a greater susceptibility to homosexuality, just as some people are born with a tendency to violence and other sins. That does not excuse the personâs choosing to sin by giving in to sinful desires. If a person is born with a greater susceptibility to anger/rage, does that make it right for him to give into those desires? Of course not! The same is true with homosexuality.

However, the Bible does not describe homosexuality as a âgreaterâ sin than any other. All sin is offensive to God. Homosexuality is just one of the many things listed in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 that will keep a person from the kingdom of God. According to the Bible, Godâs forgiveness is just as available to a homosexual as it is to an adulterer, idol worshiper, murderer, thief, etc. God also promises the strength for victory over sin, including homosexuality, to all those who will believe in Jesus Christ for their salvation (1 Corinthians 6:11; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Philippians 4:13).

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

See, but...this has nothing to do with homosexual marriage becoming legal.

If you think it does..my religion states that homosexuality is the spreading of love, along with other forms of sexual orientation, and is thus a praising and glorious thing to my deity.
Now we have an impasse for the government to deal with. What are they to do?
*cough* oh yeah..we have a separation of Church and State

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

The bible says its bad.

You can discuss the validity of your book here.

The Bible consistently tells us that homosexual activity is a sin

How many have you stoned?
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

What?! Why the heck would i stone someone?! Sick human being, you should be banned for asking how many people I killed. You don't have to stone sinners, I'm a sinner. And again, if you're doubting my religions validity, and the bible's, then we can't argue. Sorry bro

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

What?! Why the heck would i stone someone?!

Because your Bible dictates it so.
You've read the Bible..right? You are so up in arms about it.

And again, if you're doubting my religions validity, and the bible's, then we can't argue.

We shouldn't even be arguing about it in the first place. Separation of Church and State. Religion should have no factor in the decision in allowing homosexual marriage
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

You don't have to stone sinners

If you're claiming homosexuality is bad because it's banned in Lev, why do you not follow the hundreds of other laws there?

The bible says its bad.

*it's
Their preference has little to do with the legal concept of marriage. They can still do whatever they want as unmarried partners. Your entire argument is against homosexuality itself, not their marriage rights. That's off topic, so go here instead.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

If you guys knew what you were talking about, u would know that the laws were changed by the popes in recent centuries. Goodnight!

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

If you guys knew what you were talking about, u would know that the laws were changed by the popes in recent centuries.

So the bible is falliable? If the laws needed to be changed, that must mean they were inadequate/lesser than the new ones, correct? The punishment for the same crime should always be the same, should it not? Why is the response different now?
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Because the church and state dont work together anymore

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Our faith may be changed by the pope alone. Christ said to his apostles,"Whatever you shall bind or loose on earth shall be bound or loosened in heaven"

Showing 46-60 of 152