ForumsWEPRMarriage equality

152 55049
Lanod
Lanod
28 posts
Nomad

I'd like to hear everyones opinions about equal marriage right between gay and straight people.

• 152 Replies
SectoidMedic
SectoidMedic
165 posts
Peasant

My opinion? marriage is for a man and a woman, call homosexual unions something else.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Citizenship was once defined as a status only granted to white, rich men. Times change, definitions change.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

My opinion? marriage is for a man and a woman, call homosexual unions something else.

What basis did you use to come to this opinion?
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

But Gay/***got/Lesbian pairs SHOULD NOT HAVE KIDS

because ...... ?
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

There is absolutely no evidence for a difference between children brought up by heterosexuals and by homosexuals, except that the latter are more tolerant (d'uh).
I would say if anything, children brought up by a single parent are the loosers. This should be discussed first.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

they can't anyway, but your bigoted opinions shouldn't stop them from adopting kids. I'm perfectly fine with it should they want to be a parent.

-Blade
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

I would say if anything, children brought up by a single parent are the loosers.

i hope you mend a different definition of a loser then i thought at the 1st time reading. xD

anyway. the only bad thing i can see that can happen is that the child gets bullied for having homosexual parents. but neither the parents or the child do something wrong there. the other kids find it weird because they are not used to it in their family and simply dont know better.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

i hope you mend a different definition of a loser then i thought at the 1st time reading. xD

I don't know what you thought of... and I'm not sure I want to know :P
My point was, having two aprents is always better for the childs development than having only one.

but neither the parents or the child do something wrong there. the other kids find it weird because they are not used to it in their family and simply dont know better.

In some way, wouldn't that mean that having more children in your class raised by homosexual couples might help acceptance through early confrontation? Over long time, of course; they'd still get bullied in the beginning no matter what I guess.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

In some way, wouldn't that mean that having more children in your class raised by homosexual couples might help acceptance through early confrontation? Over long time, of course; they'd still get bullied in the beginning no matter what I guess.

in the netherlands they can for about more then a decade now. and no, no big changes really. locally, yes eventually when a theacher talks about it whit the kids and educate them on sexuality. but it's not a must for theachers to do so. so it will 99% of the time happen after it is already done.

if it was universally excepted it would be different of course. then the mass media on the subject would also follow a different path. (a better path.)
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

OF COURSE THEY WILL BE ADOPTED

Gay =/= infertile. They could use a surrogate or artificial means if they wanted to.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Gay =/= infertile. They could use a surrogate or artificial means if they wanted to.

They can even have sex with someone and get them/get pregnant. It just very unlikely they would want to use that method. Usually in such cases it's before they come out and accept how they feel.

1 % I would , I am living with my mom because my dad is an alcoholic and he abused or slave or raped (TRANSLATING TO ENGLISH IS A CHALLENGE FOR ME) me and my mom

No problem, do your best. The likely word would be abused. Unless your dad had sex with you against your will.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

99 % kids would not care

maybe if you quoted, then we would know what you think kids dont care about.
(SO I DON'T AGREE)

you dont agree because you dont know... thats stupid.

IT WILL AFFECT his life when he grew up or goes in puberty , maybe he will start to love a person same sex / gender

gay parents do not automatically make gay children. neither is something wrong whit it if it was the case.

Could be bulied and thrown from society

so because they might get bullied, we have to outlaw it?
and in countries where they will be "thrown from society" it most likely isn't allowed to begin whit. so thats a useless argument.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

you dont agree because you dont know... thats stupid.

actually, thats mostly good. just not here xD
abt79
abt79
59 posts
Blacksmith

As it does not affect me or anyone else but them, I am fine with these people making decisions that do not harm anyone else, it is a right as much as stuffing yourself obese is. Do I think it is a sin? Yes. But it is their decision.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I don't think it should be anyone's business to decide.
but,
I feel that this thread was never intended to be a fair discussion about what it claims to be about. Because if I posted my real opinions and outlook (in non-offensive language mind you), I'm sure it would get me banned. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most people here just want me to say how much I love the people in question and not express my real feelings?

Showing 106-120 of 152