ForumsThe TavernPersonality Types

45 24830
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

So, in another thread, pangtongshu said:
I've noticed that I have a tendency to respond to things (on AG) that makes me come off as if I have a certain standpoint on an issue, when I'm either not even on the issue at all, or have a standpoint that isn't what people assume XD

I learned about the Myers-Briggs test in psychology. You might be type I--J, which generally means you're internally fluid and open to change, but others tend to perceive that you aren't and think your views are solid.

I'm personally distinctly INTJ: I(67%) N(88%) T(75%) J(56%)

Take the free test here to find your personality type.
Learn more about the individual types through the links here.

Discuss how accurate the indicator is. What do you agree/disagree with? If you could change your type, which one would you want? Which would you avoid?

• 45 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

I would say this is accurate, except the thinking over feeling which should be closer to probably 70%.

The percentage is your preference one way over the other. These are scaled out of a 200 point range (100-0-100). So your 50% to one side is really like 150 thinking, 50 feeling. 3/4 vs 1/4.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

The percentage is your preference one way over the other. These are scaled out of a 200 point range (100-0-100). So your 50% to one side is really like 150 thinking, 50 feeling. 3/4 vs 1/4.

Oh. Well, then that fits with what I thought it should be already.

I took one of these in high school as well for my AP Psych class. I got the same result, though the one I took in that class had 70 questions instead of 50.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Extravert(1%) Sensing(12%) Thinking(12%) Judging(44%)

Hrm... I didn't think my personality would have that low of percentages.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

A low number isn't a bad thing. It just means you don't have a preference because you take equally from both sides.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Extravert(33%) iNtuitive(12%) Thinking(50%) Judging(33%)

The last one is wrong, I am not actually that judgmental. But the thinking part is completely right I would say. And the intuitive part is in accurate as well I'd say. Why is the N in intuitive capitalized? Is this a pun for being hip or something?

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

A low number isn't a bad thing. It just means you don't have a preference because you take equally from both sides.

You don't understand! I'm so awesome, I cannot afford to get less then 100% on anything.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/2193/98bb6621d81d42a2a61efe0.png

I don't know if this is good? But it seems kinda right... I like to talk to my friends and hang out with them and stuff.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

I don't know if this is good?

There's no good or bad.

I like to talk to my friends and hang out with them and stuff.

That'd be the extravert part.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

ENTP

Extravert(1%) iNtuitive(75%) Thinking(75%) Perceiving(44)%
â¢You have marginal or no preference of Extraversion over Introversion (1%)
â¢You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (75%)
â¢You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (75%)
â¢You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (44%)

Kind of funny how I have a 1% preference since I basically am an introvert during the week and extrovert on the weekends.

They are good at most anything that interests them.

Funny about this cause I suck at video games, but when I was little I used to be really good so maybe interests switched?

Following through on the implementation of an idea is usually a chore to the ENTP. For some ENTPs, this results in the habit of never finishing what they start.

But this actually happens so much it's annoying which I guess explains one of my two 75%'s

Only thing is I'm pretty much not quick in anything which is pretty much emphasized in the ENTP summary.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

See if INTP suits you better. With that low of a preference, you could go either way.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

ENFJ
Extravert(22%) iNtuitive(12%) Feeling(62%) Judging(78%)

Lots of Introverts and Thinkers here it must be said. Oo, and I have the highest Feeling rating over here. Hmmmm.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

My Psychology/Ethics teacher is also ENFJ.

"ENFJs are global learners. They see the big picture."
Yep, that's you.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I am an ENTJ! I will lead my people to victory through careful planning an--*town under my command is attacked by the Lannisters*

Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,748 posts
Nomad

I took this test ages ago. I'm not sure on the exact percentages, but I am pretty sure I'm INTJ or INTP

I am an ENTJ! I will lead my people to victory through careful planning an--*town under my command is attacked by the Lannisters*

:3
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

My Psychology/Ethics teacher is also ENFJ.

Lol, I too got teacher/psychologist/social worker as my possible job choices when my school assessed us.
Showing 16-30 of 45