ForumsPopular MediaName That Dead Guy!

562 213409
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

So I've been planning on making this thread for quite awhile now, since 2012 as I recall, but as always, I procrastinated. Anywho, no, this is not a copy of Name That Song, I was taught this game in "The Real World" and played it there.

So here's how it works, someone, me to start, thinks of a dead person who must be famous. To avoid as much spam as possible, gives off certain details about him/her from the start. After that, everyone will try to guess who said dead guy is whilst asking 'yes' or 'no' questions about him. It would be preffered, so as to avoid spam, that unless you have a rather unique question, or are guessing the identity of the dead guy, that you ask more than one question per post.

E.G.
Person 1: I'm thinking of a dead male, caucasion with black hair
Person 2: did he did within the last 5 years and was a singer?
Person 1: Yes to both.
Person 2: Micheal Jackson.
Person 1: Yes. Chose your dead guy.

I'm going to start off with a dead caucasion male, black hair, was known for being on television and without further questioning I will go into no more details on what area of television.

Ask and guess away.

• 562 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I searched "famous fitness superhero" and it gave me Jack LaLanne. It even described him as such in his Wikipedia article. Am I in the ballpark?

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I searched "famous fitness superhero" and it gave me Jack LaLanne. It even described him as such in his Wikipedia article. Am I in the ballpark?

Perhaps that one was too obvious... =/

I'll try and think of a harder one next time it's my turn... for now, I'm looking forward to seeing who you come up with!
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

My guy is a singer from the 80's who died in the 90's.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Dan Hartman.

Night_Watchman
Night_Watchman
5 posts
Nomad

Stevie Ray Vaughn? He's all I can think of.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Dan Hartman.

An excellent guess. I happen to be a Dan fan myself, but I didn't choose him as my dead guy this round.

Although I will tell you, both men did have the same basic cause of death.

Stevie Ray Vaughn? He's all I can think of.

Nope.

Isn't anyone going to ask an actual question?
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

Although I will tell you, both men did have the same basic cause of death.

Freddie Mercury?
Disclamer: I am NOT a fan of queen.

~ManlyMan
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Freddie Mercury?

You got the cause of death right, but this guy was not as well-known as Freddie Mercury was.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Fela Kuti?

In a band or sole artist?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Not Fela Kuti.

In a band or sole artist?

Finally, an actual question. He was the lead singer and front man of a group that had one major hit in the 80s.
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Was the band American?
Was it a rock group of some kind?
Was the lead singer white?
Was their major hit from the late 80's?
Was the cause of death AIDS? (this seems to have been established but I want to make sure)
Is it known today whether the lead singer was homosexual?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Was the cause of death AIDS? (this seems to have been established but I want to make sure)

Actually, it could have been this he was talking about, which results from AIDS
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Was the band American?

Neither the frontman nor the band were American, and the band and the lead singer were not from the same country.

Was it a rock group of some kind?

You wouldn't think of this group as a rock group, no. The hit that they're most known for isn't really what most would consider a rock song.

Was the lead singer white?

He was.

Was their major hit from the late 80's?

Not early, not late.

This man's cause of death was AIDS.

Is it known today whether the lead singer was homosexual?

Wikipedia won't tell you one way or another, but it's pretty well established that he was definitely gay or bisexual.

Actually, it could have been this he was talking about, which results from AIDS

If you had read my answers more carefully, you would have noticed one of them states that Dan Hartman also suffered from the same cause of death. Freddie died of bronchopneumonia, but Dan died of a brain tumor. Both causes of death were AIDS-induced, as was that of the dead guy whom you still haven't guessed.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Is nobody else going to guess?

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

The only guy I can think of who fits these descriptions is Jimmy McShane, from Baltimora. "Tarzan Boy" has consistently been one of my favorite songs for a while now, and I remember actually being sad when I found out Jimmy died of AIDS, even though he actually died less than three months after I was born.

Showing 481-495 of 562