ForumsThe TavernWhat the brown, katz?

98 22790
BadHaikuBird
BadHaikuBird
17 posts
Nomad

Seriously, I swear that every second post is someone making some insulting remark.

Dammit, you guys would be the angry drunk. It's much nicer in other areas of the forums.

Guess I'll fit right in then...

• 98 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

That's the WERP. Welcome to the internet. Have you seen what people post on the major news outlets?

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

^ I don't think were that bad to each other, it's not like we make entire posts cussing out each other (like major news outlets).

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

I think a lot of it depends on the tone you read into the posts. Without enough context or knowing the person, you can pretty much imagine whatever voice you want for them and make it sound happy, informative, aggressive, chiding, or whatever else.

'Tis why I hate the stupid, "What is the tone of this passage?" questions on standardized tests. The answer is almost always, "all of the above" unless it's dialogue and you're given context in which the character is speaking.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Uh.... You have 2 posts so I don't really think you know us that well. But a sure way of us to not like you is to insult us. So good job.
Maybe that's what you're talking about, but like nicho said, welcome to te interwebz where we all hate each other.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Seriously, I swear that every second post is someone making some insulting remark.

LoL That's the AG community. If you were to hang around long enough, you would learn that most users aren't serious in being critical or rude. (Except in the WEPR. Those guys don't joke when they say you're stupid.)
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

An insulting remark..or someone commenting on what another person said?

Or..maybe..you were in You're Banned?

Dammit, you guys would be the angry drunk. It's much nicer in other areas of the forums.

You act like you have been in the forums for a couple of weeks now...
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

No, we're all friends here. If they say otherwise, they're lying.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Quite the odd post...

Uh.... You have 2 posts so I don't really think you know us that well. But a sure way of us to not like you is to insult us.

The best way to friendship is with hate.

Except for Pick.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I love how we all responded with sarcastic answers. Poor sap, doesn't realize he was tricked.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Poor sap, doesn't realize he was tricked.

No, it's us who walked right into affirming his assertions.
BadHaikuBird
BadHaikuBird
17 posts
Nomad

Condescending is a much better word.

No, it's us who walked right into affirming his assertions.

Hey! Stop trying to make me seem more smart than I am.

I love how we all responded with sarcastic answers. Poor sap, doesn't realize he was tricked.

Yeah, I'll admit it. You guys all knew there was some random guy lurking and decided to put on a disguise.

Good show.

While I admit you might be all friends, some of you do have a way of indirectly insulting people. You're not quoting the post but you're just nudging on the fact that you know more than that other guy.

Especially when the discussion of "Better times" comes up. It seems that all the old AG people come back just to talk about how AG was a while back and then never post again.

Uh.... You have 2 posts so I don't really think you know us that well. But a sure way of us to not like you is to insult us. So good job.

I don't know you at all. I don't claim to either. A couple of months of lurking is all I claim. If I was trying to be friends I probably went about it the wrong way.

If you would like to test my knowledge of AG since I joined you are welcome to ask questions to throw me off balance. I may have three posts but you'd be surprised.

Maybe that's what you're talking about, but like nicho said, welcome to te interwebz where we all hate each other.

I wouldn't say you hate eachother. It's just (from what I observed) I feel like some of the more active people like to flex their "Ha! Didn't you know that?" muscles.

An insulting remark..or someone commenting on what another person said?

Or..maybe..you were in You're Banned?

I was a bit confused by this part of the post. I doubt you were trying to be nice because of the second part of the post but you seem to be giving a example of what could have happen but I doubt it was honest.

You act like you have been in the forums for a couple of weeks now...

Yes, I'm very arrogant like that. I try to make it seem like I know more than I really do.

Also, if you guys did want an example. Pickpocket and Pangtongshu both did exactly what I was saying. Sure, I completely deserved it. However, it is that kind of "How would you know?" post that I see a lot.
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

If you would like to test my knowledge of AG since I joined you are welcome to ask questions to throw me off balance. I may have three posts but you'd be surprised.

I know you're just using to make you seem knowledgeable but I may as well test you. Let's start easy.

What was Armorgames previously known as?
BadHaikuBird
BadHaikuBird
17 posts
Nomad

Games of Gondor.

I'm not joking. You can honestly ask me whatever you want.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I was a bit confused by this part of the post. I doubt you were trying to be nice because of the second part of the post but you seem to be giving a example of what could have happen but I doubt it was honest.

You're Banned is a Forum Games thread lol.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

It's like I know and don't know who you are at the same time! I'll make great use of my time going on scavenger hunts to piece together clues. It will be like camping with Mr.Body from Clue~

Showing 1-15 of 98