ForumsThe TavernWhat the brown, katz?

98 22792
BadHaikuBird
BadHaikuBird
17 posts
Nomad

Seriously, I swear that every second post is someone making some insulting remark.

Dammit, you guys would be the angry drunk. It's much nicer in other areas of the forums.

Guess I'll fit right in then...

• 98 Replies
BadHaikuBird
BadHaikuBird
17 posts
Nomad

Which?

Do you want an example? Want to know who does this?

No they meant "Really? We didn't really see you were gone." Because I wasn't, as I stated:

Alright then, I do have another one. Unfortunately not a quote but just something I remember. It was one of those "What would you do in a zombie appocalypse?" and it's all fine for a bit. Everyone's messing around and saying stuff like katanas, chainsaws, etc.

Then one guy comes in. Total buzzkill. Saying something to the effect of "Some of these posts are just really stupid. You really think you're going to be able to operate those weapons? You guys would be terrible in a zombie apocalypse"

His name was Xeno or something.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

What kind of thread has this turned into? What is the single point of this entire thread anymore? This seems to be just a big game of " Try and prove this one guy wrong." With no oblivious positive outcome.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

check the WEPR. i'm sure you find some insults there. however most are mend only there in the heat of debate. and have no real hard feelings in the next debate or w/e topic.

True. I don't like it there *shudders*
Which reminds me, in my earlier days I kinda exploded on you (not like pooped on, you get it) and yeah. I was stupid. Little too harsh. My b bro.

...huh it looks like this newbie managed to get me to apologize and to drag me back into this freak show. Maybe this is one of Sal's sick and twisted plots to get the community back together.
Lol no, this guys still a brown.
What kind of thread has this turned into? What is the single point of this entire thread anymore? This seems to be just a big game of " Try and prove this one guy wrong." With no oblivious positive outcome.

*points at idea above*
@blk and zombie stuff
I have tried killing those threads. Why? For the glory of sata-- never mind.
But really, it's because they are so stupid. And because there have been way too many "world end this" or "zombie that" threads.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I used a capital for your name

*In JonTron's voice* So then..why you..why you gotsa do that maaan?

"Maybe you were in a forum thread" and then right after say I can't possibly know you because I haven't been here for long enough.

Two separate ideas

Well I don't think I purposely construed something like that. It is possible that maybe the voice I am reading it in (Mine) is usually very sarcastic and arrogant but I wouldn't know.

The latter is what I meant..like how Kasic described it

I asked you, during part of it, to give me ONE example of people insulting each other, besides on this thread.

Isahn

In the "My laptop is finally fixed thread" you say you've been gone for a while and the first post is someone saying "No one noticed you were gone". It's not straight out "I HATE YOU" but more of a "lol, no one cared" sort of thing. Then straight afterwards a user says exactly.

In my opinion..the responses were not meant to be a direct insult toward blk..but more of a retort of him making an entire thread about his full return. It comes off as needing/wanting attention

It should be known that I've only read yours and my best friend's posts (xeano321).

Whoa now..if anyone in this thread deserves this title..it should be me! D=< We were friends back when around you first joined!

Then one guy comes in. Total buzzkill. Saying something to the effect of "Some of these posts are just really stupid. You really think you're going to be able to operate those weapons? You guys would be terrible in a zombie apocalypse"

That was Xzeno..I remember because I was essentially running the thread, letting everyone know how terrible their weapon choices were and why XD

Good question:
Who is the king of buzzkills?
(now his real title..but it should be)

Which reminds me, in my earlier days I kinda exploded on you (not like pooped on, you get it) and yeah. I was stupid. Little too harsh. My b bro.

Speaking of exploding on something..

Do you think BHB (BadHaikuBird..this is what I shall be calling you from now on, fyi) knows of the kellynmcfinch incident? XD
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Have no clue. I should probably know that one. However, is that common knowledge? I'd like to see someone else answer that.

Anyone else can. I'll ask him if he can do that for me.

*grumbles about being stupid*

No! I'm not a full time easter bunny. I just got forced into it on that particular day.

Strop or Freakenstein. Heh, I'm the biggest hypocrite in this thread. Does that make my opinion wrong?

In a way it does. You're a hypocrite, you're "arrogant", and you're always in a "bad mood" (to quote you), but it's wrong for us to sarcastic and humorous, and you want us to stop and be all nicey-nicey, while you can act however you want? I really don't understand that.

In the "My laptop is finally fixed thread" you say you've been gone for a while and the first post is someone saying "No one noticed you were gone". It's not straight out "I HATE YOU" but more of a "lol, no one cared" sort of thing. Then straight afterwards a user says exactly.

So... Who cares? BLK (creator of that particular thread) has always been sort of erratic with his activity. No one really wondered what happened since that occurs all the time.

His name was Xeno or something.

Hold it! Future reference point here! Please make sure you get the names right. That could very very easily be interpreted as myself.

It should be known that I've only read yours and my best friend's posts (xeano321).

We are best friends now? I guess I should act nicey nicey now and extend common courtesy:

Matrix! Glad to hear from you! It's been a while! How's life treating you? How's your bodybuilding going? You liking the upgrades to the site? (Is that nice enough?

Whoa now..if anyone in this thread deserves this title..it should be me! D=< We were friends back when around you first joined!

You can be my friend pang.

pang! How you doing man? How's life treating you? I haven't heard from you in a while! How's the wife and kids doing? (My new personality. Like it?)
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

You can be my friend pang.

Hey..you aren't GOM! Impostor!

pang! How you doing man? How's life treating you? I haven't heard from you in a while! How's the wife and kids doing? (My new personality. Like it?)

Tis be me.
I'm doing alright, yourself?
Pretty well..though I'm burnt from sitting in the sun at the Yankees game. You?
You haven't? Have you been off the site for some time?
Well..they haven't been doing so well. Mostly because my state doesn't allow gay marriage..so her and I can't marry yet

Did I win?
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

P******2011?

Also, you misspelled not.

And on the zombie topic, I would just hop in a T.A.R.D.I.S. find the index patient, prevent his infection, and stop the pandemic.

Then watch as the universe is consumed by the paradox.

~~~Darth Caedus
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Yes, to echo some users here I'm wondering what the point of this thread is. Both OP and the subsequent replies. I haven't locked this thread because I'm one of those people who love to wallow in the existential "oh, nothing has any point, so what is the point of seeking the point of anything," (especially on the Tavern), and I guess it gives the regulars here something to do/play with.

At any rate all I'm here to do is profile. In my experience, people who open a thread remarking on the behaviour of other users or the community as a whole need greater surveillance because they're not necessarily seeking to ingratiate themselves into the community, in fact, more often than not they just wish to make observations without any regard to potential benefit or harm, which may or may not progress to actively stirring. You guys can cause all kinds of trouble :| Had you been an active poster and then started making these observations it would have given me quite a different impression.

On the other hand, you vets are taking yourselves way too seriously. Like I have pictures in my mind of those ancient profiles on the "type of forum dweller", which lampoon forum types, especially veterans, for their grizzled royalty airs. Don't make me think of such things. Lighten up!

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

P******2011?

I was asking BHB -_-â¢

"oh, nothing has any point, so what is the point of seeking the point of anything,"

You have a good point there
*paradox explosion*

You're welcome
BadHaikuBird
BadHaikuBird
17 posts
Nomad

I was asking BHB -_-â¢

Awww, I actually knew that one. Patrick2011. I guess we can't count that though.

At any rate all I'm here to do is profile. In my experience, people who open a thread remarking on the behaviour of other users or the community as a whole need greater surveillance because they're not necessarily seeking to ingratiate themselves into the community, in fact, more often than not they just wish to make observations without any regard to potential benefit or harm, which may or may not progress to actively stirring. You guys can cause all kinds of trouble :| Had you been an active poster and then started making these observations it would have given me quite a different impression.

On a slight bit of offtopicness. Do you think that if I stopped right now I could position myself back into the community? I'd be curious to know. Admittedly, calling people brown is not a good way to start a healthy relationship.

Yes, to echo some users here I'm wondering what the point of this thread is. Both OP and the subsequent replies. I haven't locked this thread because I'm one of those people who love to wallow in the existential "oh, nothing has any point, so what is the point of seeking the point of anything," (especially on the Tavern), and I guess it gives the regulars here something to do/play with.

Thanks for not locking it. It might not seem like much but it's actually very enjoyable to me. I like to see some form of relaxed moderators.

Well, if I was someone that had been here a while I probably would have said "Have we become too much brown?". In which case most people would disagree with me but it would have been a boring conversation.

This way it's "Here's a brown, argue with him." I actually have a lot of fun posting in this topic and countering points. At the end of the day it's all opinions and overall it has put me in a worse position but it doesn't take long to sign up.

Did I win?

Nope, you came second. The judges said you needed more "oomph".

Hold it! Future reference point here! Please make sure you get the names right. That could very very easily be interpreted as myself.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that it definitely wasn't you. That's just what I remembered from the username.

In a way it does. You're a hypocrite, you're "arrogant", and you're always in a "bad mood" (to quote you), but it's wrong for us to sarcastic and humorous, and you want us to stop and be all nicey-nicey, while you can act however you want? I really don't understand that.

Nah, I actually like the sarcastic nature of some posts. Some people just take it too far. I also have no idea why I take enjoyment in this. It's just kind of fun.

Speaking of exploding on something..

Do you think BHB (BadHaikuBird..this is what I shall be calling you from now on, fyi) knows of the kellynmcfinch incident? XD

I wouldn't call that an incident. Just some guy that go really angry that people were exploiting his arguments in a harsh way.

In my opinion..the responses were not meant to be a direct insult toward blk..but more of a retort of him making an entire thread about his full return. It comes off as needing/wanting attention

That's exactly what I mean. You guys are actually awesome friends (most of the time). Just look at this thread.

However, sometimes I see people indirectly insulting each other and that is one of the worst ways to insult someone (In my opinion).

1. He's telling them they should be more specific, as there are many types of Pistols and Shotguns.

2. He's saying that most of the people's choices are influenced solely by the media, and they haven't thought very much about them. Can you blame him, when someone said this? (What's in the brackets I put.)

Yes I can blame him. He doesn't have to be so brown about it.

Would you like a conversation? I know most people here are arguing with me but let's see how this ends.

If I were to completely back off from my original statement about you guys being brown, would you give me a second chance?

...huh it looks like this newbie managed to get me to apologize and to drag me back into this freak show. Maybe this is one of Sal's sick and twisted plots to get the community back together.

Nah, Sal's too nice. Maybe I'm one of the vets? Do you know any vets that are brown like me? Maybe I'm Daniel Mcneely?

*In JonTron's voice* So then..why you..why you gotsa do that maaan?

Because I'm brown like that. But really, honest mistake.

So... Who cares? BLK (creator of that particular thread) has always been sort of erratic with his activity. No one really wondered what happened since that occurs all the time.

I'm not talking about blk's activity but about the post remarking on his activity. The post says something similar to "Who cares?" which is a brown way to go.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Do you think that if I stopped right now I could position myself back into the community?

Of course you can. It just seemed to be a mere misunderstanding..and it isn't like you kept up with the insults..you said it once, we corrected you, you learned from it and corrected your mistake

The judges said you needed more "oomph".

That's not what they told me last night.
Oooooooohhhhh!!!!!

That was fun

I also have no idea why I take enjoyment in this. It's just kind of fun.

That's the spirit!

I wouldn't call that an incident. Just some guy that go really angry that people were exploiting his arguments in a harsh way.

Are you sure you know of the incident..or are you remembering it incorrectly?
Lemme break it down
>user comes in and talks about his pokemon idea
>Other users comment on idiocy of the idea
>user defends idea
>defense is refuted
>user begins to whine/complain/*****/etc about comments
>users welcome him to interwebs
>user claims users are bullying him
>user goes to Ernie to report users
>user goes to mods to report users
>user forgives users for being mean to him
>users don't apologize

And somewhere along the lines..pick flips on him and defends me for something..I'll have to go reread those threads..

Yes I can blame him. He doesn't have to be so brown about it.

Then he wouldn't be the Xzeno we all know and love

However, sometimes I see people indirectly insulting each other and that is one of the worst ways to insult someone (In my opinion).

Admittedly..those may happen. But I think what may be happening is we might just be merely poking fun at another

Do you know any vets that are brown like me?

314d1?
Then again..you wouldn't ease on the insults if that were the case

-----

2 questions.

1) Why did you lurk this entire time? Why not get involved within the community and learn about us first-hand?

2) Because I find amusement from the game of "How much does BHB know?" (and not doing so to try and stump you or insult you)
Who was DWF?
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

314d1?
Then again..you wouldn't ease on the insults if that were the case

isn't he banned for being a simple troll?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

That would be me.

you say you've been gone for a while and the first post is someone saying "No one noticed you were gone".

What I said was "tbh [to be honest], nobody noticed you were gone." And honestly, no one did. I wasn't gonna lie: "Wow! You've been off for so long, it's great to finally have you back!" because that would easily come off as sarcasm.

You haven't? Have you been off the site for some time?

I hadn't seen him in a while, so he must've been.

Do you think that if I stopped right now I could position myself back into the community? I'd be curious to know.

Of course. Post, get responses, actually get to know people before judging based on a few posts. Nobody's gonna hate you forever for being pessimistically skeptical of the community.

I like to see some form of relaxed moderators.

They get strict about spam, excessive swearing, hate threads, advertising, plagarism, and flame wars, but that's about it and the strictness is justified.

That was fun

That's what she said.

isn't he banned for being a simple troll?

Haven't seen him in months, so maybe.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Do you want an example? Want to know who does this?

Me, as of late.

You guys are just taking this all very seriously.

So you're calling us a color?

S.h.i.t
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

There's no doubt ur skin is brown. Why are yall offended when we say brown or black. When people call me white boy, I feel pride. If I call you dark, colored, brown or black, why does that automatically make me racist. Racism is having hatred for other races. People are so sensitive.

Showing 31-45 of 98