ForumsThe TavernWhat the brown, katz?

98 22793
BadHaikuBird
BadHaikuBird
17 posts
Nomad

Seriously, I swear that every second post is someone making some insulting remark.

Dammit, you guys would be the angry drunk. It's much nicer in other areas of the forums.

Guess I'll fit right in then...

• 98 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Okay man. WHAT. THE F***. DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? (Censored by me.) Brown is:

Chill blk...a mod changed the title because of the language..he, and others, are just going with the joke.

You've been warned for a derogatory attitude towards the religious belief of others in the past (apparently, or that's what I gleaned from Nemo's old post on your wall).

No, because I never said anything racist, or that sounded racist.

Bull-****ing-****! You insulted the entire Jewish community, you ****ing brat!

I feel like Sir Declan is having fun with this. Just saying.

Read through the WEPR.

This Post is Racist why did you even make this in the first place.

No it isn't..read through OP and thread.

Then again, this has been explained to you in your thread..so carry on everybody
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Everyone, take a moment to read this.

BadHaikuBird
BadHaikuBird
17 posts
Nomad

Okay man. WHAT. THE *******. DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? (Censored by me.) Brown is:

When I first started the thread the title was "Man, you guys are (expletive)". The title was changed by the moderators and I've decided to run with it.

I chuckled.

Shows that reading properly pays off a great deal.

To be fair, it would be kind of confusing to see the title and then have a completely different discussion.

The original title was, You People are S.h.i.t, i.e, it was a jest that we're a crappy community and nothing to do with racism.

Hmm, I wouldn't say a jest but close to it.

My god, you're as thick as clotted cream aren't you? There's nothing remotely racist or even insulting in OPs posts.

Depends how seriously you take it. It could by all means be insulting.

2) Because I find amusement from the game of "How much does BHB know?" (and not doing so to try and stump you or insult you)
Who was DWF?

DancingWithFoxes was your girlfriend.

Are you sure you know of the incident..or are you remembering it incorrectly?

Never saw the part about him going to Ernie. Just raging on the forums that Pokemon with guns was an amazing idea.

314d1

I feel insulted.

Me, as of late.

Nah, you're more purple, not brown.

Going on 313d1's profile presents a 404 error, so yes, I believe he was banned.

Yeah, he was trolling really hard and got Perma'd.

Maybe the title should be changed to "A pointless purple place". It has color in it still and alliteration! Everyone loves alliteration.

I don't like alliteration. >

Never take anything in the tavern seriously. Or take bait.

Are you trying to say I'm baiting you?

No, that's not what I meant. I meant, that you don't read properly, before typing, which has obviously resulted in irrelevant posts on your end.

No. I completely agree with him. Calling people brown was completely stupid on my part. It is racist and completely derogatory. I should feel ashamed.

I'M BETTER THAN READING!
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

DancingWithFoxes was your girlfriend.

Just raging on the forums that Pokemon with guns was an amazing idea.

314d1
I feel insulted.

Yeah, he was trolling really hard and got Perma'd.

I repeat my question..
Why did you lurk this entire time? Why not get involved within the community and learn about us first-hand?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Are you trying to say I'm baiting you?

That was for nichodemus. He and KnightDeclan had a petty argument.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Can everyone please use @ format of reply in addition to quoting. There is unnecessary confusion and disorder in this thread.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

That's awesome Matrix. Your involved in the conversation without participating. That's quite an accomplishment.

Okay everyone! I've decided to sum this whole thread up in a nutshell, and ask BadHaikuBird (From this point on to be referred to as BHB) a couple simple questions to possible find a solution to the issue. (BTW, is there really an issue involved here?)

BHB comes on AG, calls all current users brown (actually used another word that was censored by the courtesy of the censor bot), then laughs at the array of sarcastic replies received, then realizes that the AG community isn't so bad. After that event, he (BHB) then decided to show everybody his immense knowledge of AG from his months of lurking. As well as doing that, he is now taking on the whole AG community in a mass discussion which (from my point of view) is discussing absolutely nothing (what is the current topic of discussion? I think this thread drifted considerably in the past 24 hours.)

Now for the final question(s):

BadHaikuBird, do you like the Armor Games community and it's users? Are you planning on staying? (Speaking for everyone, you're most welcome to stick around as long as you'd like.) Last but most certainly not least, are you going to change your opinion on the users of the community?

Sorry to cut it all short, but I need some answers. Reading through this thread is a sheer headache.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

@Gantic

There is unnecessary confusion and disorder in this thread.

Nonsense! Confusion is always necessary!

@xeano321
(Speaking for everyone, you're most welcome to stick around as long as you'd like.)

It's not like we can vote him off the island. Or can we? *dramatic music*
what is the current topic of discussion?

It's a slew of things. Why didn't BHB officially join earlier?, Does the new thread title imply racism?, What's the best anti-zombie weapon? For all the answers to these questions and more, tune in next week! Same brown time, same brown channel!
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

@EMP

Does the new thread title imply racism?

Not anymore

What's the best anti-zombie weapon?

I believe I sufficiently answered this in the official thread
BadHaikuBird
BadHaikuBird
17 posts
Nomad

@Gantic

Can everyone please use @ format of reply in addition to quoting. There is unnecessary confusion and disorder in this thread.

Thanks for not locking it again. I know it has gone off topic but it's enjoyable to me, at least.

@Xeano321

BHB comes on AG, calls all current users brown (actually used another word that was censored by the courtesy of the censor bot), then laughs at the array of sarcastic replies received, then realizes that the AG community isn't so bad. After that event, he (BHB) then decided to show everybody his immense knowledge of AG from his months of lurking. As well as doing that, he is now taking on the whole AG community in a mass discussion which (from my point of view) is discussing absolutely nothing (what is the current topic of discussion? I think this thread drifted considerably in the past 24 hours.)

To be honest, I still think some of you guys are brown. Brown isn't an insult to me but it's just a really strange way to express humor. Other than that, you're spot on.

I still think some things are wrong but you guys have basically said "If it wasn't like that it wouldn't be AG" which I understand.

You do need to relax about things not having a topic though. It's the internet.

BadHaikuBird, do you like the Armor Games community and it's users?

Yes, I don't think I would have lurked for so long if I didn't. Some of you guys are kind of brown though which really annoys me. Apparently being brown is part of your character. I guess I can't change that.

Are you planning on staying? (Speaking for everyone, you're most welcome to stick around as long as you'd like.)

I don't think I could honestly continue. I'd feel too alien. It'd be a stupid way to go. I can't just call people brown and then attempt to join a community. I don't think anyone would really forget.

Last but most certainly not least, are you going to change your opinion on the users of the community?

Nope. I still think some of you guys are brown. I still see people indirectly jabbing each other. I still see the insults. I think the good outweighs the bad now but I still can't shake off what I've seen.

@EMP

It's not like we can vote him off the island. Or can we? *dramatic music*

Being completely serious, I think making a thread gameshow that involves the whole community would be one of the most awesome ideas ever.

@pang

Why did you lurk this entire time? Why not get involved within the community and learn about us first-hand?

I don't know at all. I always thought about posting but I never thought I was really adding to the discussion. It was just kind of a daily ritual. It only took about 10 minutes of my day. Plus half of the community is a huge inside joke. I'd feel stupid asking about little things like pang and Pick's baseball team and things like that.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

@BHB

You do need to relax about things not having a topic though. It's the internet.

Mods usually don't take kindly to threads without a purpose..it can be viewed as spam

I can't just call people brown and then attempt to join a community. I don't think anyone would really forget.

To be honest..most of us wouldn't forget. But we wouldn't harbor ill-feelings about it. It'd more of like an inside joke (ex: "This reminds me of when BHB called us all Brown XD&quot

I think making a thread gameshow that involves the whole community would be one of the most awesome ideas ever.

Make it then..that'd be an amazing start for integrating into the community

I always thought about posting but I never thought I was really adding to the discussion.

As long as you don't spam...you are adding to the discussion

Plus half of the community is a huge inside joke. I'd feel stupid asking about little things like pang and Pick's baseball team and things like that.

Don't. Feel free to ask about it..we don't mind.

And you don't happen to mean the Yankees? Haha
Simple really..pick and I both love the Yankees. This being so..we shall one day own the Yankees
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Hey everybody, longtime vet here. I know I don't post often, but I just wanted to say how much better AG was in the past.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Hey everybody, longtime vet here.

[relic] of the dead past

Tsk tsk Xzeno..can't try and troll us when you've said something like this in regards to yourself =p
(actual quote pertains to multiple people..changed it to be singular in subject)
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Haha... yes... trolling...

No, seriously. It actually was better. I'm being funny, yes, but it's funny because his assessment of vets was so spot-on. The community used to be better. That's actually a thing I believe.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

But, then again, this belief is nothing more then mere opinion that can't be asserted as fact (or..a true fact). You could, of course, very easily give justifiable reasons as to why you believe the community used to be better...but then again, I can also give just as justifiable reasons for why I believe the community is far better now than it used to be.

Also..of course you would feel that the community used to be better..for I assume that the time era you are speaking is the era in which you were more prominent in your activity than you are now. This gives you a much more personal/sentimental feelings towards the era..feelings that are not present for this era (especially due to your holdings on the feelings for the past community)..and feelings that may very easily enhance the viewpoints you have for the past community

Showing 61-75 of 98