ForumsGamesWhat do you think of the WiiU?

26 5437
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Trolls love hating on Nintendo, Idk why. Nintendo has been around much longer, and has some of the greatest systems. The Wii wasn't a big disappointment to me, but the WiiU made up for it's mistakes. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Monster Hunter Ultimate, ZombiU, and Nintendo Land are what I have so far, and I'm really impressed. What do you guys think of it? (Don't try to give bad opinions if you're just too cheap to buy it and don't know anything about the game play.)

• 26 Replies
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

EXPENSIVE AS HELL !!
I was skeptical about that, but **** me if you're not right.
For the price of a Wii U, you can get a PS3 Slim (with 5 times the HD space) on Amazon.com and still have 100 dollars left. Which is enough to get Journey on the PSN, Uncharted 3, both InFamous games, the freaking God of War Saga Collection and a candy bar.
Or you could buy an XBox 360 bundled with Dark Souls and Arkham City and still have enough money left to buy a freaking Kinect and Bastion on the XBLA.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

A kinect is 200 dollars more, first of all. Secondly, the PS3 cost about 100 dollars more at release. Also, EA just re-signed up with Nintendo, as well as 2 more companies. They saw potential. The WiiU is doing better than the Xbox 360 did at launch, and even with a small library, I have trouble finding time to play all my games for it.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

It doesn't matter what they cost at release, because this isn't 2007 and the Wii U has essentially equivalent specs to those consoles. It's even weaker than them actually, which is why EA won't be releasing some games on it that will be on the others. Which is enlightening, when you think about it.
EA is comitting even less to the Wii U than it is to two consoles that will be obsolete within this year. Big show of faith, huh?

And the Kinect is going for 100 bucks on Amazon. You can probably find ot cheaper elsewhere, too.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

A kinect is 200 dollars more, first of all.

A kinect with an Xbox 360 is only 300 dollars.

Secondly, the PS3 cost about 100 dollars more at release.

The PS3 has better specs than the WiiU so naturally it makes sense that it cost more at the release.

The WiiU is doing better than the Xbox 360 did at launch

Where do you get your facts from??
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

A kinect with an Xbox 360 is only 300 dollars
Sorry, I meant with an XBox.

Where do you get your facts from??
the interwebs

Stop trying to compare the WiiU with the kinect. Stop freakin comparing! I asked what you thought about the WiiU! Not the kinect or PS4!

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

the interwebs

Gee, that sure strengthens your argument.

Stop trying to compare the WiiU with the kinect. Stop freakin comparing! I asked what you thought about the WiiU! Not the kinect or PS4!

To understand how good the Wii U is, shouldn't we know about its competitors? It's pretty important. If the Wii U was released at the same time as the PS2 and original Xbox, people would be hailing it as a miracle.

Also, you seem to be the one comparing consoles.

A kinect is 200 dollars more, first of all. Secondly, the PS3 cost about 100 dollars more at release.

The WiiU is doing better than the Xbox 360 did at launch
Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

the interwebs

Link?

I think that Wii U will not be succesful - I mean it's sales in first 3 months may have been average but than they dropped under PSV level http://www.vgchartz.com/
Some people say Nintedno should stop making consoles and make games for PS, Pc and Xbox. I guess i could agree with that (if they'll fail even in 9th gen) but they definitely shouldn't stop making handhelds.
distruct10
distruct10
2 posts
Peasant

i like the nintendo, the wii was the first console to use the 3 dimension of the controller, then the wii U came. its HD thats already a big step, i think they just put DS and WII together... people now say thet wii U has copied from playstation 4 becaue it will have a sort of touchscreen in the middle, but as far as i know wasnt the idea of the screen on a controller ideated before the sony even thought of it? im not saying the sony copied the wii U but some people just hate the nintendo because the consoles have poor graphics and that crap.
but, hey!, whats the point in graphics if it is the best game in the world? sure it qoould make it seem nicer but i dont think that zelda series need an HD do you?
im really fed up of people like that, i have a nintendo DS lite, a plastation 3, and a wii. and i say that everyconsole has its good poarts and bad parts
like xbox got a kinect, playsation3 was...ehm...cool? i dont know what they did that revoltunary apart HD, and the wii had 3D sensors.
i dont have a wiiU, i wont have a WiiU but i seriously hate people who gudge the wiiU bad only because it was made by the nintendo.

Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

then the wii U came. its HD thats already a big step,

Maybe it was but they were already late.

people now say thet wii U has copied from playstation 4

I've never heard anybody saying that Wii U came earlier after all.

but, hey!, whats the point in graphics if it is the best game in the world? sure it qoould make it seem nicer but i dont think that zelda series need an HD do you?

Zelda isn't enough to make people play 300 dollars for console.

i dont know what they did that revoltunary apart HD,

Maybe it dindn't do anything special but it had great 3rd party exclusives unlike Wii U.
kingzach
kingzach
22 posts
Jester

I don't know about the WiiU, I've used every Nintendo system from N64 through the 3DS, excepting the "light" or "xl" handhelds, as they were essentially the same thing. I love my 3DS, actually more than the PS Vita, (though the touch screen on a Vita is higher quality) and the Wii was fun for it's lifespan. WiiU just doesn't do enough for me to upgrade, it seems like a Windows Vista; not quit polished.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

but i dont think that zelda series need an HD do you?

JUst imagine if Zelda could look a little bit more like Skyrim. That would be pretty awesome. Or maybe since it is more cartoony it would look a little like Borderlands

i dont know what they did that revoltunary apart HD

Its not revolutionary, they should have came out with HDMI support long ago. Even minecraft has HD
Showing 16-26 of 26