Forums

ForumsVideo Games

What do you think of the WiiU?

Posted May 15, '13 at 9:07pm

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

I'm curious as to what that niche might be. The only one I can think of is "Nintendo fans so diehard they would never buy any non-Nintendo console".
Maybe a little to the casual side as well, but it has nowhere near the same appeal as the Wii, and it has to contend with a far, far superior competitor in the Kinect. The next gen is looking to branch out into casual territory as well, make no mistake. Consoles are steadily turning into multimedia living room boxes.

Not that I like the Kinect, it's still got tons of issues to work out and is very much a gimmick, but it's a way better gimmick.

Posted May 16, '13 at 2:27pm

Loptice

Loptice

247 posts

Well problem is WiiU gets less games than other consoles and it's inferioir power is preblem. It didnt mean much with wii because motion controls made it completly different console. WiiU's contoler is nice addition but it!s not enough to make succesful gaming system like Wii's motion controls.

Not that I like the Kinect, it's still got tons of issues to work out and is very much a gimmick, but it's a way better gimmick.

Wiiu's game at least work compared to A LOT of Kinect games.

Posted May 17, '13 at 1:37pm

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

I was actually in WalMart the other day and Im thinking im either going to get a Wii or 3DS to bring that nintendo portion back into my life. I always liked the old SNES and N64 games so thats about all I would play. But I want to try this DKC remake to see how bad it is without Chris and TIm

Posted May 17, '13 at 3:04pm

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

The 3DS isn't a bad purchase at all. It's slowly building a decent library and I've heard great things about Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Besides, it's a good opportunity to play some remakes of old N64 games.

Posted May 17, '13 at 3:09pm

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

Yeah Luigi's Mansion did look pretty cool. My friend had a 3DS and it looked pretty Gimmicky but I want to try the Newer Pokemon games because i the last NIntendo products I enjoyed were the GameCube and the GameBoy Advance SP

Posted May 24, '13 at 4:51am

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

You know, I was thinking, at least the Wii U has backwards compatibility with the Wii. You can't say that of any next-gen console. So... that's kinda nice I guess. Even if the Wii library was so weak I could really just leave it behind.

Posted May 27, '13 at 3:52pm

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

EXPENSIVE AS HELL !!
I was skeptical about that, but **** me if you're not right.
For the price of a Wii U, you can get a PS3 Slim (with 5 times the HD space) on Amazon.com and still have 100 dollars left. Which is enough to get Journey on the PSN, Uncharted 3, both InFamous games, the freaking God of War Saga Collection and a candy bar.
Or you could buy an XBox 360 bundled with Dark Souls and Arkham City and still have enough money left to buy a freaking Kinect and Bastion on the XBLA.

Posted May 28, '13 at 11:23am

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

A kinect is 200 dollars more, first of all. Secondly, the PS3 cost about 100 dollars more at release. Also, EA just re-signed up with Nintendo, as well as 2 more companies. They saw potential. The WiiU is doing better than the Xbox 360 did at launch, and even with a small library, I have trouble finding time to play all my games for it.

Posted May 28, '13 at 11:52am

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

It doesn't matter what they cost at release, because this isn't 2007 and the Wii U has essentially equivalent specs to those consoles. It's even weaker than them actually, which is why EA won't be releasing some games on it that will be on the others. Which is enlightening, when you think about it.
EA is comitting even less to the Wii U than it is to two consoles that will be obsolete within this year. Big show of faith, huh?

And the Kinect is going for 100 bucks on Amazon. You can probably find ot cheaper elsewhere, too.

Posted May 28, '13 at 2:36pm

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

A kinect is 200 dollars more, first of all.

A kinect with an Xbox 360 is only 300 dollars.

Secondly, the PS3 cost about 100 dollars more at release.

The PS3 has better specs than the WiiU so naturally it makes sense that it cost more at the release.

The WiiU is doing better than the Xbox 360 did at launch

Where do you get your facts from??

Reply to What do you think of the WiiU?

You must be logged in to post a reply!