ForumsWEPRA new look at religion (refreshing or depressing you decide)

41 13478
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

I've thought about religion alot lately and beleive I have learned few things
"God didn't create man, man created God" Bonus points if you recognize the quote.Back to my point I do beleive that quote to be true in one sense or another, what I beleive is that god is a fictional character created in the place of the all powerfull hand of fate that guides the way of the universe and It's inhabitants.You see this thing that we invision to be an all powerfull entity is really just a tangible form of something to complex to comprehend so we create this Idol in our heads to put everything together, to explain mystery and excite wonder.To sum up this lesson all things are one and we envision it as such and we call it a god.One last thing about the "everything is one" line.Lock your fingers together and tell me were one hand ends and the other begins.Please feal free to critisize I just wanted to know what people would think about this.

• 41 Replies
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

I would consider it lamentations of a lost soul

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

I like how sectoidmedic can sum up all that by simply calling me an Atheist great job.
thepunisher93 Is mostly correct in his statements

mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

you are a atheist thats what i think and that quote isnt true at all . Anyway look at all the religions and how they show pictures of their gods for example...Kali ma,Odin,Thor etc. Unlike these religions Hinduism,Norse.... Islam doesn't show its prohets or its god because they want us to purely believe and have no doubts.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Islam doesn't show its prohets or its god because they want us to purely believe and have no doubts.

Without any evidence.

Not that the first part of your sentence has anything at all to do with believe or validity of religion.

thats what i think and that quote isnt true at all

How is it not? We have seen a great many religions over the course of human history. We see a great many religions even today. The most obvious, and logical answer, is that people make up whatever they want. None have any proof of their claims.
mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

Islam had been created when the first human beings came(not apes or primates as you guys think) Hazrat Adam was the first human being and first Prophet or messenger of Allah and Islam wasnt the making of any ordinary human being

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

I'm responding to your argument in this thread.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Islam doesn't show its prohets or its god because they want us to purely believe and have no doubts.

That's completely backwards. You eliminate doubt by showing.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Islam had been created when the first human beings came

thats about 1450 year ago.
we have historical records going back further then that.
mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

when the first first human beings came,Adam and Eve were the first human beings,Muslims and messenger of Allah

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

thats about 1450 year ago.
we have historical records going back further then that.

That is a blind spot for you mate.
For us muslims, Jesus was muslim, Moses was Muslim, David was muslim,
Adam was Muslim, Abraham, Isaac, Noah, Joseph all of them were muslims of their times, and Islam was completed with the advent of Muhammad (SAW)
He is the last of 124000 prophets.
Any one claiming other wise is not muslim like Qadiyyanis who have a strong hold in europe.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Adam was Muslim, Abraham, Isaac, Noah, Joseph all of them were muslims of their times, and Islam was completed with the advent of Muhammad (SAW)
Any one claiming other wise is not muslim like Qadiyyanis who have a strong hold in europe.

The problem with this statement is rather simple: it's a flawed attempt to make Islam appear stronger than what it really is. If Jesus was a Muslim, then how do you explain the apostles? If Moses was Muslim, then why didn't his successors teach the Islamic doctrine. You claim your morality is objective, but there are clear examples of clashing morality. How do you get around this flaw?

-Blade
mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

Over the centuries Allah or God sent different holy books to each prophet of his and the last one,the Quran is the perfected one

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Allah or God sent different holy books to each prophet

When you say 'sent', do you mean you believe He dropped them out of the sky?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Revisionist history at it's best. So let's see, the story has Jesus born in a Jewish culture, but he's Muslim? Unless you're using muslim as a literal word meaning "one who submits to God" but given the term usually is reference to an adherent to Islam (A form of Abrahamic religion that didn't even exist until the 7th century and couldn't have since it revolves around the inclusion of the Quran) No they wouldn't have been.

the Quran is the perfected one

So your God sent imperfect holy books to the other prophets?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/263348_10151620418459110_1070371200_n.jpg
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Please feal free to critisize I just wanted to know what people would think about this.

I do agree with the quote, mainly because religions, and thus gods, have always been in the past man's last resort to explain the unexplainable. But contrary to you, I do not think it is describing the "all powerful hand of fate", because there is not necessarily a will behind our universe; at least I do not believe so. It just is, and works in its ways. Or in the short version, "Stuff Happens". We just like to think there is a will behind it, but that's just our anthropocentric view.

Atheist

http://www.troll.me/images/facepalm-picard/theists.jpg
Showing 1-15 of 41