ForumsWEPRBenghazi Attack

4 4398
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

So as most of us know...a big issue of late within the news is that of the mass hysteria and outcry of the Republicans in regards to the September 11, 2012 Benghazi Attack..

My question then came: Why such the outrage over it on their part?
Why is such blame and emphasis being placed on Obama?

I was in a debate on Twitter, in which I pointed out that Bush had many acts very much similar to this of his own, which resulted in no such public outcries...and the person responded with how his issue was that Obama ignored the event.

But that is not the case.
In fact, the day after, he called the attack an "attack of terror"...essentially, a terrorist attack.

The response of the person was that the two are very much different (Obama should have called it a "terrorist attack&quot.

But see, by the working definition of "Terrorist attack" (a surprise attack involving the deliberate use of violence against civilians in the hope of attaining political or religious aims.), we actually cannot dictate it as such an attack..for it was not made against civilians.
We can, however, call it an act of terror, for the attack was meant to be a terror inducing attack, but the qualifications for it to be a terrorist attack are not quite met.

So, again I ask...why such the big ordeal about this particular event?

• 4 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

The big ordeal is it's a chance to try and make Obama and the Democratic party as a whole look bad. (Not that Obama and the Dems are smelling of roses in reality) The point is to get them to see worse then they really are so the Republican party has a better chance at office. Basically they are being a bunch of trolling little jack wads.

I'm posting from my phone right now, but when I get back to my computer I will post up this video from The Young Turkes. They did a nice comparison to similar situations that occurred in both the Reagan and Bush jr. Administaion that actually went ignored.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Only Hillary Clinton was indifferent towards it. Obama gave his condolences, so I don't know why people blame him for its scandalous mysteriousness.

But what do I know. I'm just a moderate Republican. :P

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

here's the video I mentioned earlier.

Who Was Softer on Terror: Obama, Reagan, or Bush?

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

The big ordeal is it's a chance to try and make Obama and the Democratic party as a whole look bad. (Not that Obama and the Dems are smelling of roses in reality) The point is to get them to see worse then they really are so the Republican party has a better chance at office. Basically they are being a bunch of trolling little jack wads.

isn't that what the reps are doing all the time?
unabling obama to make the change he promised. and pointing out that obama failed during the next election. while in reality the reps just doesn't want to work together and do nothing more then blocking whatever obama comes up whit. putting the government in a stand still.
Showing 1-4 of 4