ForumsWEPRThe Christian Rebel

32 14953
jatango36
jatango36
3 posts
Nomad

#116 LECRAE., I'm Unashamed of the Gospel. Rebelin against the Culture. http://blog.beliefnet.com/wholenotes/files/2012/06/116Clique.jpg

• 32 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Catholic,

Catholics are one of many Christian denominations.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

No, only protestants have denominations. Catholicism is one faith only. But after vatican II we had to call ourselves Traditional Catholics. We are totally separated from other religions.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

No, only protestants have denominations.

No they don't.

Catholicism is one faith only

No it's not.

We are totally separated from other religions.

No you aren't.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Do they believe in baptism of desire? the trinity? The blessed Mother? The Incarnation? the Redemption? No salvation outside the church? If they doubt at least one, they aren't real Catholics. I'm wasting my knowledge here. You guys aren't religious, so stop trying to act like you know what Catholics are. Catholic, Traditional Catholics, Roman Catholics, Christians, Protestants, Jews,
are all totally different things.

You're not an atheist. Or gay. Or black. So how can you claim to know all about them?

For your information I went to pre-school at a church. I grew up next to a church. Many of my family and friends are church-goers. I studied Christian literature and history in school. So I believe that I can adequately comment on Christianity.

No, only protestants have denominations. Catholicism is one faith only. But after vatican II we had to call ourselves Traditional Catholics. We are totally separated from other religions.

I'll give you a link between Catholicism and Anglicanism. You both believe in Christ.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

You're not an atheist. Or gay. Or black. So how can you claim to know all about them?
I don't, and that's why i only lightly touched on them. I know that astheists are my faith's enemies, gays are my natures enemies, and blacks are cool, but we don't play well together.

I'll give you a link between Catholicism and Anglicanism. You both believe in Christ

Again, so clueless. There's sooo much more to religion than what God we believe in. That's just the start.

For your information I went to pre-school at a church. I grew up next to a church. Many of my family and friends are church-goers. I studied Christian literature and history in school. So I believe that I can adequately comment on Christianity

Aside from the study of Christian history, none of those make any differnce.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I don't, and that's why i only lightly touched on them. I know that astheists are my faith's enemies, gays are my natures enemies, and blacks are cool, but we don't play well together.

Touching lightly, or just making plain ignorant remarks about them, and falsely portraying a blanket stereotype on an entire group?

Again, so clueless. There's sooo much more to religion than what God we believe in. That's just the start.

Oooooo, clueless? You're the one who stated that you're totally separated from other religions. Well you're not, as shown by that one simple link.

Aside from the study of Christian history, none of those make any differnce.

So the fact that one spends time in a Church and with Churchgoers means nothing towards understanding them?

My, you're really being indulgent in your own bubble world.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Yeah, actually, Black people aren't real christians, ever. This is real Christian music.

You may want to take a closer look at the lady singing that song I posted.

http://www.abstract-soul.com/resources/853.jpg

Do they believe in baptism of desire? the trinity? The blessed Mother? The Incarnation? the Redemption? No salvation outside the church?

Yes there are black people who believe all that.

You guys aren't religious, so stop trying to act like you know what Catholics are. Catholic, Traditional Catholics, Roman Catholics, Christians, Protestants, Jews, are all totally different things.

Many of us came from religious back grounds or once religious our self. On average an atheist actually knows more about a religion than the religious person does. I bet that sounds strange to you. But think of it this way, the atheist is constantly having to field different points of other peoples religion being pushed on them. As result they actively go out and learn what they can about that religion to be more prepared for it. Furthermore there are those who were in a religion, actively studied it to know as much of God's word as possible, but ultimately came to the conclusion that the religion was wrong.

I know that astheists are my faith's enemies, gays are my natures enemies, and blacks are cool, but we don't play well together.

Pope Francis Says Atheists Who Do Good Are Redeemed, Not Just Catholics

Though I will be fine with being labeled an enemy to faith.

Oh and to quote someone. Once you copy the text, highlight it and click the quote button.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I doubt you meant to sound racist here

No, he did. Which is why I called it out. He had a racist remark in his About section of his profile some time ago.

It's true, I've never seen a real christian black person

I have, I worked with two. And they were hardcore Christians..and believed everything from your faux pas little list. Hell..one of them straight up told me that you can't go to heaven unless you believe in Jesus/God, and that for those that have never heard of Jesus/God..it is up to "us" to inform them so they may be saved.

Oh..and sense when do you decide what makes a person a "True Catholic"?

I know that astheists are my faith's enemies

No they aren't. You, and other paranoid Christians, only make them out as if they are.

gays are my natures enemies

No they aren't. How the hell would they even be so?

blacks are cool

Which is why you are racist towards them..right?

Furthermore there are those who were in a religion, actively studied it to know as much of God's word as possible, but ultimately came to the conclusion that the religion was wrong.

I would just like to point out, for KnightDeclan here, that at least three of us were quite religious earlier in our lives.
EmperorPalpatine, Bladerunner, and myself.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

I would just like to point out, for KnightDeclan here, that at least three of us were quite religious earlier in our lives.

I was raised as a Christian, but I was never really that into it. I took God as true because my parents told me so. By age 5 I was on the reasoning that all religions are trying to explain the same thing and that they just represented him differently. Age 6 I started questioning and by age 7-8 I pretty much didn't believe anymore. It wasn't until I was 11-12 that I finally got into a big enough argument about not wanting to go to church that I told them I simply didn't believe in God and that I did not want to waste my Sunday mornings listening to the same old stories over and over.

I didn't first hear the word atheist until I was 13-14 and I certainly wasn't so aggressive towards religion back then either. Now I include it in my list of the world's biggest problems, along with selfishness, intolerance, and a general lack of critical thinking.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

We are totally separated from other religions.

Either you know nothing of your self-entitled religious beliefs, or you aren't an actual Catholic. I know that sounds harsh but you need to get your facts straight.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

No True Scotsman fallacies, everywhere I look in this thread... like how is having a different skin colour determining your religion, or how can having some differences suddenly overwrite the massive similarities?

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

I know that astheists are my faith's enemies, gays are my natures enemies, and blacks are cool, but we don't play well together.

atheists aren't your enemies unless you try to force your beliefs, gays aren't your enemies unless you try to stop them from finding love and happiness, and blacks can easily play well with you if they are given the proper respect every human deserves.

the god you believe in determines religion, and everything after that determines denomination.

the trinity?

most denominations do.

If they doubt at least one, they aren't real Catholics.

he didn't call them catholics, he called them christians. this statement of his is still valid.

-Blade
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Forget you idiots. Look at my links, IM NOT THE SAME! Im done with this topic.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

IM NOT THE SAME!

You're as unique as Methodists are from Baptists are from Unitarians are from Catholics are from any other denomination. Each has their own differences, or they wouldn't be called separate things.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Im done with this topic.

this always happens. not because we are stubborn, but because when baseless claims get challenged, the person who made said claims plays the offense card, and ragequits. it can't be helped I guess.

-Blade
Showing 16-30 of 32