ForumsThe Tavern

Armor Games Community Activity Initiative

Thread Locked

Posted Jun 8, '13 at 10:36pm

xeano321

xeano321

3,111 posts

Knight

So thatâs a mystery to solve, if you guys have ideas Iâd be happy to hear them.

If we had ideas or answers, this thread wouldn't exist.

Where Ferret is not involved that you feel would have a positive impact on the community?â

Actually, I wasn't referring to you Ferret. You're always around when needed. (Heck, you're almost as cool as me.) I was referring more to Dan, Joey, ETC...

So the first suggestion is making the Community link on our front page header âForumsâ, Iâve passed this around internally and everybody here is in agreement. So this change will be made, at the latest by the end of the month, but I hope sooner.

Whoo! You're so awesome Ferret!

It's all cool Ferret. This is fantastic... That post you made is the greatest thing I've read in my many adventures across the web.

Posted Jun 12, '13 at 9:25am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,417 posts

Knight

Any updates on this?

Posted Jun 12, '13 at 3:39pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,322 posts

Knight

Yea, um, we should be notified of any communication here! What happened guys? Things were going so well...

Has Ferret sent anything to you xeano via E-mail? When is the Community link turning into Forums? When is the Game News tab bar going to look more... clean?

Posted Jun 13, '13 at 11:14am

xeano321

xeano321

3,111 posts

Knight

No... I haven't received any communication at the present time.

Ferret is probably still working on it. He'll let us know whats happening.

Posted Jun 13, '13 at 6:56pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,823 posts

Random thought to Facebook and Twitter AG feed

A lot of posts, mostly for Twitter, pertain to featured games. Something will be said about it..and then a link will be posted for the game

When such posts are made..under the main post, they could just have something that also directs people to the forums..like to a page about the game, with the line "And discuss the game in our Forums: "

Posted Jun 13, '13 at 7:49pm

Ferret

Ferret

7,710 posts

Administrator

I've not forgotten this fellows, It's on my list to read/respond tomorrow. E3 was this week. Also, just because... Check out Sushi Cat @ E3.

Posted Jun 14, '13 at 5:02pm

Ferret

Ferret

7,710 posts

Administrator

It seems to be the general consensus that May 2012 was the height of the spam reckoning on the forum. This was the day that we implemented a 3 day restriction on new users before they could comment in the forums, and therefore it would make sense that we'd see a large decline in the forum activity.

The good news however, is that trend seems to be turning around! So we're going the right direction, we just need to keep on going.

Social Posts
Just a quick update about this, I'll be looking to highlight more of our forum posts on Twitter. If you guys are on Twitter, retweeting them could be helpful to getting the word out. I've already done a couple in the past few days. I'll also try to brainstorm some unique ways to tie the forums into our news posts. If you know of a really cool thread, message me with it!

Forum Bug Updates
Not sure if you noticed, but one of the big issues with Forum Games was the blank pages at the end of the posts. Not only did we eliminate this bug, but we also sped up the forums quite a bit in the process. This has lead to another "Invisible Page Glitch" that happens on the 11th, 22nd, 33rd post that still needs fixing. Even so, it's a vast improvement.

Forum Friday
Starting next week I want to try something out called "Forum Friday" where I e-mail the office here about cool forum threads. I'll need some helping finding some, so I'll start a thread to start gathering ideas. This should ideally be 3-5 threads that are fun and could get other Admin involvement.

Forum Contest
How about a "Draw your favorite Armor Games character" contest? We could start it up next week, I'm sure we have a spare Sushi Cat for a prize.

Also, just a quick note. I'm leaving on Vacation 15th-18th, so if I don't seem as responsive during that period that's why.

That's my update for now.

Posted Jun 14, '13 at 11:46pm

xeano321

xeano321

3,111 posts

Knight

Social Posts

I just might have to get a twitter account to participate in this. =D

Not sure if you noticed, but one of the big issues with Forum Games was the blank pages at the end of the posts.

I noticed that this morning! That is awesome, although I had become accustomed to its presence.

Forum Friday

Only problem I can foresee from that, is the lacking of creation of major threads... I mean, give this a month and all the popular threads would be used up... Then again, such an idea might encourage newcomers to create threads consistent with high standards so that it might be featured... That could be an interesting idea.

Also, just a quick note. I'm leaving on Vacation 15th-18th, so if I don't seem as responsive during that period that's why.

No big deal. Gives us time to thoroughly discuss the ideas you presented. You're awesome Ferret, and you most certainly deserve a brief vacation.

Posted Jun 14, '13 at 11:48pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,417 posts

Knight

I just might have to get a twitter account to participate in this. =D

Tell me if you do.

Posted Jun 14, '13 at 11:50pm

daleks

daleks

3,788 posts

I have a Twitter nicho! @AgDaleks