ForumsThe TavernArmor Games Community Activity Initiative

428 74142
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Welcome! Please grab a cup of coffee, and one of those delicious donuts most kindly donated by R2.

As you can guess from the title, this is yet another attempt at solving the AG activity problem. This problem has been ever present since late 2010. Many reasons as to the cause have been presented, ranging from a much delayed release of AG3, to lacking of a community manager, or the end of the flash gaming era.

I do have a couple of ideas concerning activity and how to increase it. Whether these are the keys to solving the issues at hand or not is unbeknownst to me, but I most certainly feel it is definitely worth the effort.

I'm not going into details - yet. Firstly, I'm going to need a few volunteers. More the better, but not more then 20 (20, yeah right...) Don't volunteer then become inactive that would not be beneficial to anything.

• 428 Replies
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

Frankly I've just grown out of AG. I have a real life to live, almost all my friends went inactive and the only reason I came on was to fight in the Armatar War- Clan Friendly Version, but that died and so I went inactive. I tried to come back, but my only goals were to gain AP and they got rid of that.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

R2 scares them all off. Read some of the comments he leaves in there... Those things are so wrong.

True dat. :P

but my only goals were to gain AP and they got rid of that.

Then how about getting quests to be your new goal.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

i want to be more active in the forums but other internet sites and activities are eating my time...like playing games, reading books, watching shows/movies on the internet and learning (training school).

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Frankly I've just grown out of AG.

I would say you have grown away from, but not grown out of. Take Ernie, for example. He's 31.

I have a real life to live

You mean we are living in a dream on AG? Jk, but it's not like AG is keeping you from doing anything.

I tried to come back, but my only goals were to gain AP and they got rid of that.

Like R2 said, make a new goal to gain Quests. Get to know other people. Most of my AG friends all went active, so I made new ones. You can get just as much out of this community as you could out of the old.

i want to be more active in the forums but other internet sites and activities are eating my time

Can't you squeeze AG in there somewhere? (please?)

learning

You can learn quite a bit from AG. Take me for example, I've become a success due to AG.
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Just a quick update! "Community" should be switching to "Forums" within the next few days.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Take Ernie, for example. He's 31.

Poor example..saying as we haven't seen him for quite some time.

I would say a better example would be ModDayCee, Unleashed, or SSTG

You can learn quite a bit from AG.

Hell..I'm pretty sure I learned more from AG last year than I did at school.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Just a quick update! "Community" should be switching to "Forums" within the next few days.

This is going to mess me up so much. I will be looking for the Community button and then have to remember that you guys changed it.
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

but it's not like AG is keeping you from doing anything.

No, its just another way to spend my time. No offense to anyone but this gets me no where in real life... it just gets me popularity on this site... which is a great site and I'm not trying to put it down but no one will care if I try to get a job by saying "I accomplished 100 quests on a gaming website"

I would say you have grown away from, but not grown out of

Thats what I meant

Poor example..saying as we haven't seen him for quite some time

It really was. Nice try though

That will help with other people, but I like the name community
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

That will help with other people, but I like the name community

Maybe "Community Forums" instead?
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

To long sadly.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Looks like the change has taken place!

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Now we just need to get used to it and hope it improves forum activity.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Only from the profiles/forums. It still says Community from the main page
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Only from the profiles/forums. It still says Community from the main page

Edit: It now says Forums from the main page.

Now if we could just get an edit button...
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Wahoo! Community is now Forums! Thank you Ferret! =D

Showing 256-270 of 428