ForumsThe TavernArmor Games Community Activity Initiative

428 74087
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Welcome! Please grab a cup of coffee, and one of those delicious donuts most kindly donated by R2.

As you can guess from the title, this is yet another attempt at solving the AG activity problem. This problem has been ever present since late 2010. Many reasons as to the cause have been presented, ranging from a much delayed release of AG3, to lacking of a community manager, or the end of the flash gaming era.

I do have a couple of ideas concerning activity and how to increase it. Whether these are the keys to solving the issues at hand or not is unbeknownst to me, but I most certainly feel it is definitely worth the effort.

I'm not going into details - yet. Firstly, I'm going to need a few volunteers. More the better, but not more then 20 (20, yeah right...) Don't volunteer then become inactive that would not be beneficial to anything.

• 428 Replies
fst_six
fst_six
15 posts
Nomad

I've heard of you but I don't really care, love~

the ??? should be "Not as old AG"

And you people wonder why the community is dying. Obnoxious behavior and rude responses, lirl.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

And you people wonder why the community is dying. Obnoxious behavior and rude responses, lirl.

Well considering that is all that AG was in '10....

And so what? If I don't know you I don't know you. That isn't rude. All I know is CT kids talked about you, but not very often so there was no point in knowing about you.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

I used to have a field day in these forums, I just trolled all day and night and cleaned up the forums for the better, but those times are gone now....

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Er...that wasn't really a rude response. But ok
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Why are you pretending that fst_six is not a circumvention?

Why are you pretending that such a coincidence is improbable in an infinite universe?
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

[quote]Why are you pretending that fst_six is not a circumvention?

Why are you pretending that such a coincidence is improbable in an infinite universe?[/quote]

I think you're trying to confuse me away from the truth, so I will say this:

fst_six is the same as fst6 (the one who created You're Banned).
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Truth is reality; your view is not in accordance with reality.

If they were the same person, wouldn't they have the same account? Making duplicates is against the rules, and no one willingly breaks the rules Patrick. That's against the rules.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Mav quit being a butt. He was perma'd, no?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Look. You're Banned isn't anything special. I've seen it on practically every other forum I've been to.

Nothing to see here, folks.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Is there even one poster on this website that was here when I was?
Yes. I remember you well. I wasn't very active then. I was never very active. But we talked a little once I think. Anyway guys, fst6 was once a great pillar of this community. Give him some respect.

Also lol @ the "ages of AG" listed not including 2008. 2008 was great. Back before anyone really knew what to do with the Internet. 2013 is the tail end of all that, but 2008 was right in the middle. Brings a tear to my eye.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Mav, I'm not sure what you're trying to do here. After all,

no one willingly breaks the rules Patrick

Is really quite a stretch no matter which way you look at it. Though if you mean to append "nobody that stays on AG..." then we'd be pleased to maintain at least the semblance of this!

We've already confirmed that fst_six is fst6, and yes, fst6 was perma'd like 4 years ago for multiple spam/flame infringements.

We don't have a set policy on amnesty or time periods for past permas, so a decision is pending.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

fst_six is the same as fst6 (the one who created You're Banned).

Patrick..jokes..sarcasm..people tell them, remember?
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Nobody actually means any of that stuff. Don't be so serious.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay guys! Here is the next improvement I can think of to make the forums operate a little smoother. I was thinking that maybe we should request to the Admins that specific Moderators be assigned to each section of the forum (E.G. MrDayCee: The Tavern, Strop: WEPR, Kega: AMW, ETC...) It would make it much easier for us to receive assistance with any problems, as well as insuring that the moderators are not ignoring part of the forums (not ignoring per-say, but rather not checking on certain sections because they think Gantic will get it.)

The Mods are most welcome to comment on this, opinions from all around are most happily accepted.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

It would make it much easier for us to receive assistance with any problems, as well as insuring that the moderators are not ignoring part of the forums (not ignoring per-say, but rather not checking on certain sections because they think Gantic will get it.)

What gives you that idea... *cough* LOL

Strategies to distribute mod patrols, so to speak, have been on the table before, so this is pertinent. But methinks you should probably strike me off that list. I'm about to tender my indefinite resignation now that the WoM tournament I've been updating is just about done. And I'm not just saying that because you suggested I do WEPR... that said Moegreche is back, maybe he could do it instead
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Dude last night I dreamed your text was black. It was a trip.

Showing 331-345 of 428