ForumsThe TavernTxting like is it a good :) or is it stealing teens brains?

22 5948
exitpathuser
exitpathuser
154 posts
Nomad

how do you feel about texting? is it bad or good?

• 22 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

man you all hate it because of the grammer
i bet all of you are age 30 or higher

Divide by 2
You can text in proper grammar. I mean, I'm not crazy about it or anything, but I type out "you" and stuff like that. It takes less effort to type the way we speak.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Texting to make plans or say something important is sometimes necessary. But when teens (usually girls) just walk around holding their phone at all times, it's probably bad. It cuts them off from the world and darkens the intellect and creativity.

SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

EXCUSE YOU KNIGHTDECLAN.
I text a lot, but that's because I have people I want to talk to. Sure it is all day long but so what? My intellect has not darkened, and neither has my creativity.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

glitch

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

The whole "text talk" thing was created to shorten texts when the only phones people had were 10-key phones. Now that almost everyone has a QWERTY keyboard on their phones, it's just stupid to use all of the abbreviations.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

EXCUSE YOU KNIGHTDECLAN.
I text a lot, but that's because I have people I want to talk to. Sure it is all day long but so what? My intellect has not darkened, and neither has my creativity.

The small, far off ex-planet Pluto is dark and cold, and will be dark and cold, even if the sun dies. Point being Emily, thy intellect was already darkened before the first text message sent.
Showing 16-21 of 22