ForumsPopular MediaSub or Dub [Anime]

25 13085
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i saw a anime post a few minutes ago, i don't know if this topic has been made yet as i haven't made a topic in about 2 years, so in anime do you prefer dubs or Japanese with subs?

myself i like some anime dubbed like dbz, fma, trigun,FLCL, and ECT.

but some i preferred subbed, like detective Conan, high school of the dead, zatch bell/konjiki no gash bell!, angel beats, and ECT

• 25 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

sometimes i prefer not to watch anime where the guys sound like 5 year old girls

well in real life a 5 year old boy does sound like a 5 year old girl.
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

but in real life grown men dont sound like little japanese girls

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I think it's fine either way. Whenever I can find dubbed I watch it, but sub is fine too.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

but in real life grown men dont sound like little japanese girls

that would be a show i'm going to watch. ^^

but are the anime then dubbed to japanese girl voices. =S that seems weird. never seen it. maybe the dub directer was smoking something
TheGenovesan
TheGenovesan
65 posts
Nomad

subs of course. I just can't stand listening to some of the voices that dubs use, they usually sound unnatural and in bad cases are annoying as hell.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Posting so TheGenovesan's comment may be seen

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

I prefer subs over dub, but I don't really find it as a hindrance to watch it in dub. Sure, subs may be natural and fit well, but dubs can have perks as well, for when I am watching dub, I don't have to constantly avert or shift my eyes towards the bottom of the screen in order to comprehend what they are talking about. Then again, this is a minor problem, especially since I am a fast reader.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Subs. The voice acting is so much better, the animation fits the sound, and it's a lot more interesting to read the translation vs what they're literally saying. Dubs can be okay, but most often they have really corny voice acting and it's so distracting.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

i think people overeact with the "looking down" explanation... i think its a matter of habit.

over here almost every show has subs even if its in hebrew (i live in israel) so we are all used to read those things even when we understand what is being said. i cant understand that excuse and its probably because i got used to it already. the more you watch that way the less it will bother you.

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

Subs would have better character development since you feel more emotion, and the characters voice connects well with the character, meanwhile dubs might be bad-most of the time, okay-sometimes-,Good-rarely.

Showing 16-25 of 25