ForumsGamesPS4 charges for ONLINE!

46 12971
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Xbox one failed, being priced at $500, but now PS4, already costing $400, is charging for online play. NINTENDO!

• 46 Replies
KayHai
KayHai
13 posts
Peasant

PC master race

Vagueshade
Vagueshade
83 posts
Peasant

PC master race

Console Wars, not Platform Wars.

People don't seem to understand that at all >.
PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

If you people really want to send a message to these companies about how upset you are.........easy answer. Stop buying their product.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

this is a dumb topic because everyone knows that the Xbox is a better console anyway

At this point the Xbox isn't better than the PS4. Some people are just brainless fanboys and will support a dying breed even if it is crap.

Console Wars, not Platform Wars.

People don't seem to understand that at all >.

Sorry that you can't read but the Topic is PS4 CHarges for ONLINE!

If you people really want to send a message to these companies about how upset you are.........easy answer. Stop buying their product

Thats not really a good solution. Because game companies can fix their products to make them better. And even though it sucks that PS4 charges for Online, they are still better than the X1
Vagueshade
Vagueshade
83 posts
Peasant

Sorry that you can't read but the Topic is PS4 CHarges for ONLINE!

Like that's a big deal.

It's $5 a Month, and Sony isn't concentrated SOLELY on Multiplayer, so you don't have to dish out $60 for an entire year just to play online games.

And I don't see how saying PC is out of this debate directly relates to PS+.

You really need to directly LINK your answer, because it simply makes no sense at all.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

And I don't see how saying PC is out of this debate directly relates to PS+.

You really need to directly LINK your answer, because it simply makes no sense at all.

Um your the one saying that this is console wars not PC. Its PS4 charges for Online so technically Steam is better which is PC. Your the one that wanted to discredit the PC Not Me
Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

If you don't pay for PS Plus on the PS4, you can still access apps such as Netflix and Amazon on the PS4.

Heck, you can even play Free-To-Play games without a PS Plus subscription, but that is at the discretion of the developer as to whether to allow it or not.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

[quote=vague]You really need to directly LINK your answer, because it simply makes no sense at all.[/quote]

Because Vague, directly linking to some1 else post, which I think I just did, requires extra typing into the quote bb code.

5 dollars a month = 60 dollars by the way.

~~~Darth Caedus

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

5 dollars a month = 60 dollars by the way.

I was really wondering if Vagueshade made a typo, because that seemed like a pretty bad mistake.
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

If you don't pay for PS Plus on the PS4, you can still access apps such as Netflix and Amazon on the PS4.

Heck, you can even play Free-To-Play games without a PS Plus subscription, but that is at the discretion of the developer as to whether to allow it or not.

You can also use party chat without PS+. It seems like it really is only for multiplayer games.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

It isn't 5 dollars a month, it's 50 dollars a year.

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

I'm so confused. People who play MMO's pay upwards to $16.00 PER month to play ONE game on top of what they pay for internet.

Sorry console kids, this isn't new. While it does suck, if its a system they have to maintain (and you get benefits) for what? $5.00 a month or $50 a year?....you have it easy as pie.

Please don't be like the LoL community who think they are now entitled to free to play games from here on out. Don't be like them.

Don't be like them.

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Please don't be like the LoL community who think they are now entitled to free to play games from here on out. Don't be like them.

I'm sorry, but how's that even remotely comparable? Last I remember, I don't have to pay for multiplayer on any my PC games (which obviously aren't MMOs because reasons), so why should I have to pay for multiplayer on console?

People *already* paid money to buy the game in question, so forcing monthly fees on top of that is downright unacceptable to me. Especially since they use the opportunity to cram your dashboard full of ads.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Last I remember, I don't have to pay for multiplayer on any my PC games (which obviously aren't MMOs because reasons), so why should I have to pay for multiplayer on console?
If one is free and the other one is paid, why don't you just go play on the PC instead?

As I've said before, server maintenance has a cost. They've chosen to charge. That's not as cool as free multiplayer, but it is what it is. I really don't think 50 bucks a year is at all unreasonable, especially for the stuff they're offering.

People *already* paid money to buy the game in question, so forcing monthly fees on top of that is downright unacceptable to me
It's unacceptable to you because you're used to a pay-once model, but that's the past. If I told you car insurance has to be paid regularly, you wouldn't go "but I paid it already!". Well, this is how it is now. Maintenance costs don't magically stop after a while, you know.
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

If one is free and the other one is paid, why don't you just go play on the PC instead?

And who says that I don't?

As I've said before, server maintenance has a cost. They've chosen to charge. That's not as cool as free multiplayer, but it is what it is. I really don't think 50 bucks a year is at all unreasonable, especially for the stuff they're offering.

Except that you have to pay the fee even for games with p2p multiplayer which don't have servers to maintain. Where's the "maintenance" money going in that case?

And once again, I feel like pointing out that they give you ads DESPITE having a subscription service for online features (or Live does at any rate, I have no clue if PSN does it).

It's unacceptable to you because you're used to a pay-once model, but that's the past

It's unacceptable because it hides the full game behind more pay-walls. You can't tell me "oh well, things're different now" is a good response when, for a multi-platform game, you get the same kind of multiplayer on a PC while effectively paying less money.
Showing 31-45 of 46