ForumsGamesPS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

400 159807
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

This is the official thread for PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One. Which will be the one console to rule them all? Let's hear your opinion.

• 400 Replies
InfinitySnaps
InfinitySnaps
40 posts
Nomad

I vote PS4.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

All the SD cards in the world won't make the Wii U more capable of handling demanding games.

Bayonetta 2 runs at consistent 60fps. What more do you want? It's not like super high quality graphics matter or anything.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Bayonetta 2 runs at consistent 60fps.

First of all, the game runs at 60fps infrequently

What more do you want?

Second, I want a console that can run modern third party games and can run future games. Which Wii U can't do due to weak hardware. It's not about great graphics, its about being able to run games.
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Second, I want a console that can run modern third party games and can run future games. Which Wii U can't do due to weak hardware. It's not about great graphics, its about being able to run games.

Yeah, because the XBox and PS have so many great games at the moment, which totally aren't ridden with framerate issues and bugs. In any case, if I wanted a machine for playing graphically intense games, I'd be saving to buy/build a gaming PC, not a console. As it is, I'm perfectly happy with my 360 and 2DS.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Yeah, because the XBox and PS have so many great games at the moment

Yeah, because they do. GTA5, Metal Gear Solid V, Dark Souls II, Destiny, Dragon Age Inquisition, etc., etc.

In this day and age, just about every game is "graphically intense", and obviously not all people want to play on a PC.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

graphically intense

-Is for pepole who don't know what real gaming is.Sure,updates every once in a while to graphics prevent it form being medival,but it's its core that counts.FPS games are overrated.Why not boot up that windwaker HD game instead?
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

@danwar123 It's not just graphics that gets improved with better hardware, you know. Better hardware means that consoles can run more complex games; as you've pointed out, it's about gameplay, not graphics and they can add more gameplay mechanics/general content with better hardware.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

they can add more gameplay mechanics/general content with better hardware.

Exactly this. People don't seem to get that better hardware doesn't just mean more frames per second and larger resolutions. That's all just GPU upgrades. CPU is also very important. Wii U simply can't run games that have many things going on at the same time like a larger amount of NPCs. Coupled with Nintendo's lack of new IPs,

boot up that windwaker HD game

becomes the only option gamers have.
bacon3assassin
bacon3assassin
13 posts
Nomad

I vote for the PS4.

vuvylicious
vuvylicious
2 posts
Nomad

I would choose PS4 over the other 2, mainly because I had been playing PS games since the dawn of time. I mean since PS1 was released. I'm a loyalist.

korbin132
korbin132
28 posts
Nomad

The Play Station 4 already has major issues like the Blue-Light of Sadness.

korbin132
korbin132
28 posts
Nomad

Wii U has games that Xbox One and PS4 will never have and Xbox One and PS4 have games that Wii U will never have. All very good systems.

max31205
max31205
5 posts
Farmer

ps4

awsomejazz123
awsomejazz123
346 posts
Scribe

I'd probably say...xbox 1...but then again...

DrViruz
DrViruz
27 posts
Nomad

ps4 would be my bet

Showing 361-375 of 400