ForumsGamesPS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

400 159731
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

This is the official thread for PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One. Which will be the one console to rule them all? Let's hear your opinion.

• 400 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,776 posts
Chamberlain

NOTE: I have much soften my feelings for PS4 and very much hardened mine towards the X1. My friend who is Xbox 360 friends with me is turning to PS4 which has really made me reconsider. Thank goodness Gamestop allows cancellation of pre-orders should me and my brother decide that the PS4 is the way to go.

DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

I was looking forward to the Xbox One more until I found out how much it costs, then I saw how much the ps4 costs. As for Wii U, I would buy it just because they made Monster Hunter for it in Hi-Def graphics. But out of Xbox One and PS4, I'm going with PS4, because PS4 has Destiny. And Halo 4 was a disappointment to me, story-wise.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Thank goodness Gamestop allows cancellation of pre-orders should me and my brother decide that the PS4 is the way to go.

Another soul that can potentially be saved from MIcrosofts Chaotic reign
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

I'm going with PS4, because PS4 has Destiny

Destiny is on Xbox One. If you think that every game at the Sony conference was an exclusive, you are wrong.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,776 posts
Chamberlain

PS4 question, and this is asked with an ever increasing PS4 biased. How does smart glass, or its equivalant, work on PS4? Because if it is requiring of a PS Vita I will be very disappointed.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,776 posts
Chamberlain

Thanks!

Update: My brother and I will be canceling our DRM: The Box pre-order and going for a PS4 pre-order and we will stick with that unless MS pretty much takes back everything that they said and take of it coming with Kinect and lowering the price by like $125 because of that.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

If you guys ranked the three consoles, what order would you rank them and why?

I'm just curious is all.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

If you guys ranked the three consoles, what order would you rank them and why?

1) PS4: Good service and the strongest console. PS+ won't be required to access free-to-play MMOs or Netflix either.

2) Xbone: At least it can run games and has third-party support.

3) Wii U: 2gb of RAM is not next-gen. Next to no third-party support. Good luck playing Destiny or The Division on a Wii U.

Hidden master race option: PC
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

1. PS4, it doesn't have as drastic problems as the X1 and it has better specs.
Also Im hoping that they end up getting crossplay with Steam that way I play more Steam games on the Ps4 like Portal 2 did.

2. The Wii U, definitely. It may not be able to run the best games but die hard nintendo fans don't seem to be disappointed by it. Also it is Nintendo games and Nintendo brought us the best. Also there are very little restrictions when it comes to gaming

3. Xbox Done No point getting a console that is just like a PC but worse. It has so many restrictions that it literally takes the fun out of gaming.And I have netflix so I don't need a cable tv organizer

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

3) Wii U: 2gb of RAM is not next-gen. Next to no third-party support. Good luck playing Destiny or The Division on a Wii U.
Destiny looks stupid, and Nintendo has PLENTY of 3rd party support. It has more games than I'll ever have time to play. There are 3rd party exclusives on Nintendo. Good luck playin those on PS4.

2) Xbone: At least it can run games and has third-party support
I can't believe you ranked this above WiiU. You have such bad taste. Any Microsoft supporters (minus the die-hards) bought a WiiU after hearing about this. Nothing wrong with it, but I don't think you're giving Nintendo a chance. You guys focus too much on power and RAM or GB space, when we're supposed to be focused on gaming. Go with PC if that's what you're concerned about.

Just because I love nintendo
WiiU
PS4
Xbox One
but I think that out of the sheeple on earth, it will be Mr_Sand's list.

Carnage1995
Carnage1995
97 posts
Nomad

Actually, I'd say PS4 has more exclusives. They support indie devs a lot more too. Let's see...

Killzone Shadow Fall, Infamous Second Son, Knack, Driveclub, Deep Down, The Order 1886, and a few unannounced games. It's also getting Planetside 2, Warframe, DC Universe Online, and Final Fantasy XIV Online. Those 4 aren't exclusives though, they're all on PC. Also take note that all of Sony's 1st party studios are working on PS4 games, Sony Bend, Naughty Dog, etc... And Guerrilla games, the developers of Killzone, also have a second game in development for the PS4, it's a new IP, other than that, nothing's known.

And a few months ago it was reported at least 2 developers dropped out on M$ and several of M$ exclusives were 6 months or so behind schedule.

2 of Microsoft's "exclusives" were casual games. One was kinect. Minecraft isn't an exclusive, it's on PC. Titanfall also isn't an exclusive, it will be on PC.

Halo 5 and Forza 5 are rehashes.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

The one thing I do not like about it however is the look, again, it's ugly. The PS3 had a more smoothed look and the PS4 is just... a box with one line through it and an emblem attached. What is wrong with these focus groups?!?!

I've heard people say the contrary, that the PS3 was ugly and the PS4 finally more stylish. I mean it is a box, I have to agree. I just don't see the problem with it. The PS3 was almost too fancy-looking, not like a console. Then again I might be biased for having PS2 and no PS3.

I would go for the PS4, I actually consider buying it although I haven't played any console for so long. It is cheaper than the previous one, the only thing I bother with compared to my PS2 is all that social nonsense; but at least they seem to be optional.

Why will I not consider the XBox One? First, I never had an XBox, I have played on a friends' one but I'm really biased towards PS. Second, out of these simple reasons:
http://cdn-usa.gagbay.com/2013/06/xbox_one_vs_a_rock-302133.jpg

I never had any Wii console, never even played on one, and never will, I guess. It simply doesn't look like my thing.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

I never had any Wii console, never even played on one, and never will, I guess. It simply doesn't look like my thing.

(There's only one Wii console) Why? It has a lot of the same games. If you're referring to the WiiU, it's almost exactly the same as the other systems, gameplay wise. I get just as much enjoyment out of it as I would other systems. I already said this, but the Wii put out 5 good games, then became exercise and party games. It sucked, yes. But don't confuse that crapbox with the WiiU. Nintendo made some mistakes, just as other Companies did.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Yeah, well, I never was much of a Nintendo guy either. I grew up gaming on the PS1 and later the computer. If I ever get a chance to test the WiiU, I will; but until then, I'll stick with what has proven to work for me.

Showing 46-60 of 400